IBM Employee Reviews

Found 168 reviews matching the search See all 28,516 reviews
Excellent company to work for
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 April 2017
i worked for 13 years for IBM , it was a great company to work for . they looked after there staff ensuring a perfect work life balance .they encouraged there staff to learn, i attained my diploma in management and completed many other courses , i also learned and completed lean training while working for IBM
Was a very productive company to work for
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 March 2017
IBM was a very multi cultural company to work for. They were very employee orientated and helped the employees advance in their career's. I really enjoyed working for IBM as I had built a very good working relationship with the group of employees whom I was responsible for.
Positive working environment
LEAD SERVICE MANAGER - Software License Management (Current Employee) –  Dublin19 March 2017
A positive working environment in a company that is always evolving with the new demands of the industry and customers. The company is very well positioned for the new waves of market growth in the industry.
Pros
Positive working environment
Cons
Positive working environment
Challenging and fun
Warehouse Supervisor/Logistics Order Analyst (Former Employee) –  IE9 March 2017
At IBM I worked in the logistics end for 7 years. My role was the supervision of a team of approximately 8 staff manageing the receipt and stock control of thousands of products weekly. As part of an internal opportunity I applied for and was successful at being appointed a logistic order analyst. Ths involved system management of all high end products from point of stock release to point of completion and shipment to the customer. The management were excellent and fully supportive.this role was for a period of 4 years.
The hardest part of this role was the volume of orders I managed on a daily basis which was very chellenging.
The most enjoyable aspect of my job was working with many different departments and other IBM sites to ensure our products were delivered on time to our customers.
Pros
Subsidised canteen, yearly bonus, progressional opportunities.
Cons
Shift based hours.
This is where i "grew up"
Account Specific Trainer for Operations (Former Employee) –  Ballycoolin8 March 2017
As the headline says,
This is pretty much the company I learned the ropes, for better and worse.
My personal experience has been absolutely amazing, there is no questions there, I learned things about the company and myself, did things I would never imagine doing and becoming a whole lot more aware of what I can do in the future.
Pros
Loads of freedom
Cons
Non really
fun place to work
Reworker (Former Employee) –  Damastown, County Dublin6 March 2017
I found my time in IBM to be very pleasant to work for it is a very big place with lots of different departments and is very easy to get lost if you don't known were your going
Pros
free lunches
Highly Valuable work place with lot of Diversity and Integrity
TEST ANALYST / TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 March 2017
Simply, Highly Valuable/professional workplace to work. Having great values of Diversity and Integrity. Very member in this, have given me so much space to explore myself to learn, develop skills and knowledge. Management was so cooperative and motivated me all times. I love to work with the multi-cultured team, which motivates me to learn new things every day in day to day life. Working hours are so flexible, most of them are so friendly incomes to share of knowledge and experiences.
Pros
Team meeting, meet ups, shadows etc
Great company to gather work experience
Quality Advocate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Republic of Ireland5 March 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at IBM. I have gained a lot of experience and skills that I am still able to use today. The team that I was part of were great people to work with and are still good friends of mine. I truly appreciate the growth opportunities I have gotten at IBM.

The downside to the job was that the care for the employees was lacking. Provided services and wages were often below average. There was, in general, a very big turn around of employees because of this.

The reason why I left is because the working conditions deteriorated to such a state that I saw no other option to leave, unfortunately.
Pros
Great learning experience, excellent team mates and structure, good incentives
Cons
Working conditions
Too many managers
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dublin23 February 2017
It is a nice place to work, car parking facilities, work from home are advantages. Nice healthcare and pension schemes.
Management changes a lot and it seems it does not go on experience or knowledge but on nepotism and personal preference. No training or education programme. No bonuses.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
No Bonuses, Management, Politics
Security PMO Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 February 2017
Multi-Task work. Great team. New challenges every day.Great Management team. Multicultural atmosphere.
The hardest part of the day is the lack of training.
Great place to work, and learning new things every day, meet new poeple in ibm
IT Specalist (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 January 2017
In the last 9 years that I have been working in the IBM. I have travel to UK, Sweden and Morocco for working on the client based project. Most clients I have work are relation to Bank industry and they are part of the Tester roles and also mobile/Web Developer .

And I enjoy it every mins and sometime the project is part of hardest to delivery deadline but we have manage most of time.

I love travel to clients site and meet new IBMer or Clients people in clients site, and learn a lot from them
Pros
Working at home
Cons
Deadline
Fun place
Manpower Contract- WPP Triage/Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 December 2016
IBM is a great company to work for, they care about their employee's
I am able to work flexi hours from 7am-9.30 am which means my job can fit perfectly around my life.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  IBM Technology Campus Mulhuddart Dublin*10 November 2016
Wiring for access control and cctv
Subcontracted to G4S
I enjoyed the job
good food and restroom facilities
and parking
Pros
good food on site
IBM is a good company to work for
Digital Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin8 November 2016
I would recommend IBM to anyone who wants to start within IT. There are a lot of possibilities to develop the knowledge and to stay up-to-date with current trends.
Great benefits to work at IBM
Enterprise Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 October 2016
Working for IBM has been really the best thing to do for me. I mean I have learned a lot of thing about new products and new technologies. I met some people from everywhere and from different culture. It was very intense about human relationship.
interesting and a lot of fun in the work place
Server Builder (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 September 2016
the most enjoyable part of the job was that there was some thing new to build every day. it never got repeatable. it took the 6 to 12 hours to build a server.
Pros
ideal job for me
Cons
the company moved to Singapore
Hard worker person ,flexible , excellent timekeeping
Operator (Former Employee) –  Mulhuddart, County Dublin25 August 2016
Operated equipment safely, report incidents to supervisor ,provide assistance to junior operator ,fall owed safety procedures and company policies for equipment operation all the time ,complete paperwork as required
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Long hours, overtime work
Nice canteen
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 August 2016
clean place, nice canteen, only work there via recruitment agency, good place to work, small salary , good for first job, nice team leader , cheap ht food in the canteen.
Huawei is a fast developed company
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 August 2016
the work in Huawei is like a school. you can learn a lot from the colleagues.
It is very stressful, people have to work 10 hours per day and 6 days a week.
you have no vacations all your life is focused on the work
good place to work
Management etc (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin4 August 2016
done lots of courses
good co workers
most enjoyable part of the job was getting all the orders filled as it felt fulfilling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

59.7K