Iceland Foods Ltd
Coronavirus update
Information from Iceland Foods Ltd:

Iceland Foods Ltd Employee Reviews

Ireland28 reviews
I enjoyed my time working in Iceland foods Ltd. The staff were always very welcoming and kind. I learned a great deal about customer relations as well as cash management.
The manager in the Fermoy branch treats all staff poorly. Is incredibly sexist and does not care for the employees. They have given everyone a horrible time. All staff are lovely and good workers but the manager is atrocious. They push their staff into doing things that they are not comfortable with even after stating they are not, such as opening/closing the shop when they are only a sales assistant or liftng things that the employee find too heavy, among other things. Overall, I found this place very stressful to work in for the sole purpose of the manager.
Pros
Job is steady paced, employee's are friendly
Cons
Manager is difficult to work with, wages are not great
If you like being underpaid for actual hours worked, then this job is for you. Multitasking abilities required, at all times!!
Breaks are a joke.

Favouritism, from management, given to "those who comlpy" with them, and good luck to you if you don't!!!
Pros
Days off
Cons
Days in
the job was easy and the training very fantastic and detailed. the management was horrible , the staff were very backward and did not corporate with each other , there were too much jealousy , strife and competition which made each days job very stressful
Pros
free tea and coffee
Cons
too much unnecessary pressure
Staff great, manager was despicable.Witnessed racism,sexism, misogynistic, chauvanstic behaviour! He Didnt want me to be friendly with staff/customers
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
The Manager
I love working in Iceland I find myself part of a great team and I feel I am a valued member of the staff, the job really suited me well and I love dealing with the public on a daily basis.
Official response from Iceland Foods Ltd
31 January 2020
Thank you so much for your feedback.
It’s lovely to hear that you are enjoying working for the company and we really appreciate your positive comments.

Keep up the good work!
Good company to work for.... Professional and friendly management, fast paced environment.....
Almost like a family type of business.....
One of the worst places to work for.Other staff are great fun and it's slow paced enough my manager is amazing.But as woman your expected to drag in the delivery.You are paid the same as everyone else but do so much more.
Fast-Paced yet relaxed job, you can climb your way up the ladder with hard work. pay is good for the amount of work done. And has a friendly atmosphere
Good job to start and gain experience but not make a career, low pay long hours and expect an awful amount of work for little money. But good job if your just starting out
Typical mourning i would open the store deactivate the alarm and unlock all fire exits then assit the girls with there floats an tills to there posts also monitoring a wide range of diffrent survelince cameras . Adhearing to health and safety at all times , patrolling the store and coumunicating by radio with other security staff Defusing situations with coustomers and being vigelient but kind and helpfull at the same time .
Pros
Made good friends
Cons
Company ceased an moved location
Nothing to say. Useless head office. Terrible people management, your expendible in there eyes so they will take advantage. You are just a number to them and they let you know it. Hope the company falls to the ground with Brexit.
Cons
Started in Iceland when it first opened in Wexford. The management is a joke,even customers complained to me about the lack of professionalism. The hours were not great. You would get 16 hours a week, broken up.
Pros
Weekly pay. Discount.
Cons
Poor management. Not enough hours.
Sales assistants are on €10 per hour the exact same as duty managers who gets and extra €1 per hour when the manager isn't there. Jokeshop with all the extra responsibilities. Just another number and they will try to walk all over ya. Avoid at all costs
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Bad wages
unrealistic emount of deliverys you are expected to start 45 minutes early witch is unpaid and expect you not take your full dinner brake, you got to come back every 2 hours to load your van as you are only out for the 2 hour window and then have to rush back to load up for the next window they call it pitstops, and on top of that they will rip you off and take you off the rota after you worked the shift so you dont get paid, A day of a icelands driver would be loading your van and doing about 10-15 drops then come back to unload and would do this 4 times a day, so basicly got to do like 50 drops a day and also load your van 4 times a day, it is all in newport witch is very boring as your always stuck in traffic newport is horrible to deliver to, you are constantly in a rush with the emount of work that they drop on you, its a bad job and a bad company to work for, it is the worst home delivery service to work for, plus they did not pay me, hours are unsocialble they just update them online and put you in to work any rubbish shift no contracted you cant plan anything would defo avoid this job. Its Way more relaxed with other supermarket delivery jobs.
Pros
The happy feeling you get when you hand in your notice
Cons
Job gives you depression and they refuse to pay you
Loved working for Iceland, I built my knowledge up to get to being in charge of orders for the grocery department, was instrumental in preventing shrinkage and therefore contributing to store KPI's
Wages very bad
My own manager was lovely but area managers very bad

Not good money and mostly if your not in the click you will not get your hours

Poor security when I worked there

Some very rude supervisors

Bullying noted in my time there

Health and safety very bad

No proper canteen facilities at time in Coolock

My own manager was however lovely
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Wages
Good company to work with, very nice team and great manager. Good head office team.
They give the employees chances to improve and grow in the company. The only con is the salary.
Cons
salary
Place I worked in was horrible. Staff that bullied me and management did nothing about it. Rubbish wages, in at six one morning when you finish at ten the night before.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, rude colleagues, bad manager
Rotas are supposed to be available for the next three weeks but they are guaranteed to change every week due to head office.
Pay is usually approx 25c above minimum.
Pros
Management and staff in store are wonderful to work with and try work round your needs as in rotas.
Cons
Hours not guaranteed. Shifts constantly changing. Wages not always correct.
Good place to work nice social and working hours. Would recommend as a good place to work to all.
Good shift patterns laid weekly. Rosters posted 3 weeks in advance. Good team morale great hard working people.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iceland Foods Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.