Iceland Foods Ltd
Updated: 27 March 2020

Iceland Foods Ltd Employee Reviews

Ireland25 reviews
Enjoyable Workplace
I enjoyed my time working in Iceland foods Ltd. The staff were always very welcoming and kind. I learned a great deal about customer relations as well as cash management.
Poor Management
Staff great, manager was despicable.Witnessed racism,sexism, misogynistic, chauvanstic behaviour! He Didnt want me to be friendly with staff/customers
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
The Manager
Great place to work.
I love working in Iceland I find myself part of a great team and I feel I am a valued member of the staff, the job really suited me well and I love dealing with the public on a daily basis.
Official response from Iceland Foods Ltd
31 January 2020
Thank you so much for your feedback.
It’s lovely to hear that you are enjoying working for the company and we really appreciate your positive comments.

Keep up the good work!
Good company to work for
Good company to work for.... Professional and friendly management, fast paced environment.....
Almost like a family type of business.....
Duty manager
One of the worst places to work for.Other staff are great fun and it's slow paced enough my manager is amazing.But as woman your expected to drag in the delivery.You are paid the same as everyone else but do so much more.
Fast-Paced yet relaxed job, you can climb your way up the ladder with hard work. pay is good for the amount of work done. And has a friendly atmosphere
Starter job
Good job to start and gain experience but not make a career, low pay long hours and expect an awful amount of work for little money. But good job if your just starting out
Iceland
Typical mourning i would open the store deactivate the alarm and unlock all fire exits then assit the girls with there floats an tills to there posts also monitoring a wide range of diffrent survelince cameras . Adhearing to health and safety at all times , patrolling the store and coumunicating by radio with other security staff Defusing situations with coustomers and being vigelient but kind and helpfull at the same time .
Pros
Made good friends
Cons
Company ceased an moved location
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Iceland Foods Ltd?
Do not work for this company
Nothing to say. Useless head office. Terrible people management, your expendible in there eyes so they will take advantage. You are just a number to them and they let you know it. Hope the company falls to the ground with Brexit.
Unprofessional
Started in Iceland when it first opened in Wexford. The management is a joke,even customers complained to me about the lack of professionalism. The hours were not great. You would get 16 hours a week, broken up.
Pros
Weekly pay. Discount.
Cons
Poor management. Not enough hours.
Poor wages and badly run
Sales assistants are on €10 per hour the exact same as duty managers who gets and extra €1 per hour when the manager isn't there. Jokeshop with all the extra responsibilities. Just another number and they will try to walk all over ya. Avoid at all costs
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Bad wages
Avoid this job
unrealistic emount of deliverys you are expected to start 45 minutes early witch is unpaid and expect you not take your full dinner brake, you got to come back every 2 hours to load your van as you are only out for the 2 hour window and then have to rush back to load up for the next window they call it pitstops, and on top of that they will rip you off and take you off the rota after you worked the shift so you dont get paid, A day of a icelands driver would be loading your van and doing about 10-15 drops then come back to unload and would do this 4 times a day, so basicly got to do like 50 drops a day and also load your van 4 times a day, it is all in newport witch is very boring as your always stuck in traffic newport is horrible to deliver to, you are constantly in a rush with the emount of work that they drop on you, its a bad job and a bad company to work for, it is the worst home delivery service to work for, plus they did not pay me, hours are unsocialble they just update them online and put you in to work any rubbish shift no contracted you cant plan anything would defo avoid this job. Its Way more relaxed with other supermarket delivery jobs.
Pros
The happy feeling you get when you hand in your notice
Cons
Job gives you depression and they refuse to pay you
Fun, great team that i got to work with
Loved working for Iceland, I built my knowledge up to get to being in charge of orders for the grocery department, was instrumental in preventing shrinkage and therefore contributing to store KPI's
Bad wages bad hours
Wages very bad
My own manager was lovely but area managers very bad

Not good money and mostly if your not in the click you will not get your hours

Poor security when I worked there

Some very rude supervisors

Bullying noted in my time there

Health and safety very bad

No proper canteen facilities at time in Coolock

My own manager was however lovely
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Wages
Sales assistant in Iceland
Good company to work with, very nice team and great manager. Good head office team.
They give the employees chances to improve and grow in the company. The only con is the salary.
Cons
salary
Job for you?
Place I worked in was horrible. Staff that bullied me and management did nothing about it. Rubbish wages, in at six one morning when you finish at ten the night before.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, rude colleagues, bad manager
Its a job...
Rotas are supposed to be available for the next three weeks but they are guaranteed to change every week due to head office.
Pay is usually approx 25c above minimum.
Pros
Management and staff in store are wonderful to work with and try work round your needs as in rotas.
Cons
Hours not guaranteed. Shifts constantly changing. Wages not always correct.
Enjoyed working here
Good place to work nice social and working hours. Would recommend as a good place to work to all.
Good shift patterns laid weekly. Rosters posted 3 weeks in advance. Good team morale great hard working people.
poor wages but a fun place to work
As a duty manager you would expect to receive more money in comparison to normal shop assistants, but this is not the case. a duty manager gets the same wages as a normal shop assistant and a duty manager also gets a lot more responsibility.
duties managers working for Iceland stores receive €9.45 per hour, which makes life difficult if you have a family and/or expenses.
Pros
staff discount of 10%
Cons
bad wages
A Typical Day in Work
On a typical day, I would operate tills, while also working on the shop floor making sure it is presentable so if there are any visits from head office the store is always of high standard.I deal with all different types of customer request and use the best of my ability to meet their request. I have to communicate with all staff through the day to make sure our list of jobs for the day is getting done and ticking off all the boxes on the to-do list. When special offers are on I help promote these to customers to bring sales up for the day. At night, I can send daily reports such as sales, stock valuations and delivery reports, here using excel, word and outlook.
Pros
Work around college hours
neagtive envorentment to work in
members of staff who are family members stays at work all day gossiping about others

colleagues at work and management are very immature and lack the ability to deal with things professionally

management is slicky and regards staff been dulgy and sad to be sign of hard work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iceland Foods Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.