Iceland Foods

Iceland Foods Employee Reviews

Ireland40 reviews

Found 40 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,725 reviews

Heavy workload for poor pay

The people you work with are nice, workload is high with constant changes to the sales floor, instruction from head office often confusing and overloaded

Pros

Nice team of staff

Cons

Poor pay

Not ran like a company

I didnt have the most pleasant experience,undertrained staff an managers , always a problem with the wages,idealistically its an okay first job,but not long term

Pros

Cons

Changing shifts, wrong wages

Insights into Iceland Foods

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Happy place to work in

I worked in this company for 6 years I started as a sales Assistant and worked my way up to become store manager. I left only because I wanted a chance to explore other types of retail I recommend this company as a great company to promote hard work

18 October 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your time at Iceland. It’s fantastic to hear you had such a positive experience and helped you to develop further skills. We wish you all the best for the future.

Management disgraceful no help at all

Worse place to work management not helpful at all pay was disgraceful getting calls early morning to come there an than.not being paid correct holidays never given.

31 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As a business we take all feedback seriously, it’s a shame to hear that not all aspects of the job met your expectations. Your feedback is appreciated and is very useful to us. We wish you all the very best for the future.

Fun Workplace

Overall my experience with Iceland was very enjoyable. Great and understanding management both from senior management and duty management. The staff were friendly and supportive and was always on hand to assist.

Pros

Stff

Cons

Hours

Way 2 much expected of u and no thanks for what you do

No equal ship everything left to same person to do. No thanks for the long hours you work and pay is basic. No support and higher management all snotty and unfair

Pros

Cons

No fairness

6 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review based on your time with Iceland. It is disappointing that you felt you had such a poor experience and are no longer with us. Your feedback is important to us, we wish you the very best for the future.

No yearly wage increase,basic wage no matter how long you are employed there,hours constantly being cut to suit budget.

Staff in general are genuine, most managers are too. Working to a budget being constantly cut and your hours being cut to accommodate that budget. If your not a yes person you get the worst hours and lates,especially if you request an early from time to time. Rosters are generally weekly and you can't plan anything until the roster is posted,usually late on Saturday or Sunday morning.

6 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s disappointing to hear of your experience working for Iceland, this certainly would not be our expectation. We take all feedback seriously and appreciate your comments.We wish you all the very best for the future

Really horrible to work for would not recommend

I would not recommend this job to anyone seriously,So under paid So over worked you get no thanks what so ever.Treated so Unfair, Management talk about each and about staff..The hours you are given are shocking !The people who work there are lovely but it’s just the way the company runs it’s not a nice company to work for.

Pros

Good friends

Cons

Treated unfair

3 November 2021

Genuinly awful

Zero manual handling or training and expected to lift heavy boxes all day.No respect give and minimum wage always.Culture is terrible as turn over rate of staff is so fast. The area manager makes you feel extremely uncomfortable at all times. Everyone working there has kind of expected the company is a mess, so if you take pride in your work this is not the place for you.

Pros

Cons

Pay, Respect, Enthusiam

3 November 2021

Bad contracts

Rotas changed at short notice, hours cut the following week if you were unable to stay on after your shift ended, HR was uninterested in dealing with issues with a manager that was there at the time I worked there

Pros

Discount on shopping

Cons

To many to list

13 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review based on you time with Iceland. It is disappointing that you felt you had such a poor experience and are no longer with us. Your feedback is important to us, we wish you the very best for the future.

Lazy staff cause undue workload on others

People suck up to management and supervisors to get away with doing little to no work. Very clique oriented environment. If you don't play along with cliques, as I didn't, you get the pressure applied until you leave.

Pros

Simple customer facing role.

Cons

The harder you work the more is piled on, not enough hours

1 April 2021

Abysmal

Lack of training, broken work tools, extreme manual labour without enough staff scheduled. Unprofessional and lack of hygiene standards. No matter how urgently you need a job, find somewhere else.

Pros

Cons

Too long a list.

Manager is awful.

The manager in the Fermoy branch treats all staff poorly. Is incredibly sexist and does not care for the employees. They have given everyone a horrible time. All staff are lovely and good workers but the manager is atrocious. They push their staff into doing things that they are not comfortable with even after stating they are not, such as opening/closing the shop when they are only a sales assistant or liftng things that the employee find too heavy, among other things. Overall, I found this place very stressful to work in for the sole purpose of the manager.

Pros

Job is steady paced, employee's are friendly

Cons

Manager is difficult to work with, wages are not great

Overworked and unappreciated

If you like being underpaid for actual hours worked, then this job is for you. Multitasking abilities required, at all times!! Breaks are a joke. Favouritism, from management, given to "those who comlpy" with them, and good luck to you if you don't!!!

Pros

Days off

Cons

Days in

very unpleasant workplace

the job was easy and the training very fantastic and detailed. the management was horrible , the staff were very backward and did not corporate with each other , there were too much jealousy , strife and competition which made each days job very stressful

Pros

free tea and coffee

Cons

too much unnecessary pressure

Poor Management

Staff great, manager was despicable.Witnessed racism,sexism, misogynistic, chauvanstic behaviour! He Didnt want me to be friendly with staff/customers

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

The Manager

Enjoyable Workplace

I enjoyed my time working in Iceland foods Ltd. The staff were always very welcoming and kind. I learned a great deal about customer relations as well as cash management.

Great place to work.

I love working in Iceland I find myself part of a great team and I feel I am a valued member of the staff, the job really suited me well and I love dealing with the public on a daily basis.

– 31 January 2020
Thank you so much for your feedback. It’s lovely to hear that you are enjoying working for the company and we really appreciate your positive comments. Keep up the good work!

Good company to work for

Good company to work for.... Professional and friendly management, fast paced environment..... Almost like a family type of business.....

Duty manager

One of the worst places to work for.Other staff are great fun and it's slow paced enough my manager is amazing.But as woman your expected to drag in the delivery.You are paid the same as everyone else but do so much more.

Fast-Paced yet relaxed job, you can climb your way up the ladder with hard work. pay is good for the amount of work done. And has a friendly atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iceland Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement