IDA Ireland

IDA Ireland Employee Reviews

IDA Ireland is a very nice environment to work, people are proud of their job and what it means to the overall country economy. Most people are very approachable and ready to help. You can learn a lot and have exposure the a broad range of experiences.
Pros
Nice enviroment and culture
Cons
Salary range for entry levels
Typical day in IDA: Provide desk side services and remote support to all End Point users Using Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) to manage patching of physical estate. Investigate and resolve hardware and software issues raised for Endpoint devices; escalate to peer teams and/or management where necessary. This includes: PC / Laptop Xerox Printers Desk phones Windows O/S Microsoft Office (up to and including 2010) Install PC hardware; mobile telephony; peripherals and software as requested Endpoint network patching and support Ensure that any new processes or fixes are documented; cascaded to desktop peers; and stored in the team knowledgebase. Receive and prioritise all incidents/tasks; and ensure they are resolved within agreed SLAs. Failing this; escalate appropriately. Monitor team call queues (Incident & Request); triage; and assign. Redirect any misassignments to the correct resolver group. Meeting room support
Pros
Relaxed and enjoyable environment, subsidized canteen
Cons
Too many "walk-ups"
IDA is a very friendly and stress free environment to work in. Everyone looks out for one and another. Flexitime enables family time and a life outside of work.
Pros
Free doctor and subsidised canteen
Excellent working environment. Good team communications.
My last 15 or so years were spent at the coalface of property management dealing with IDA/EI clients located on our business parks in terms of their property needs. I learned that to work well with our clients we had to listen carefully to their requirements and work with them to achieve solutions this involved dealing with County Councils and service providers such as ESB, Telcos various contractors and consultants. We worked as a team within the IDA Property Division with management and colleagues equally sharing roles to ensure projects were completed successfully. The hardest part of the job was sometimes trying to get third parties to buy into the Ireland Inc. ethos of IDA. When a project on which you were personally involved finally got off the ground and into production.
Pros
Excellent working conditions
Cons
Worked long hours at times but this was an accepted part of the job.