IDG Direct
IDG Direct Employee Review

Toxic workplace with terrible management

7 October 2019
As a lead generation agent you are cold calling IT professionals based in the US. Follow a very basic script and it is extremely easy with any effort put in. Management treats employees terribly, often blackmailing you to make you break rules in order to get extra leads to make them look good, putting your job security at risk. The general environment in the office is extremely toxic. Management have little to no idea on how to actually manage employees as they typically have little to no experience; they are all extremely unprofessional. Jokes on the floor between management can vary from sexist jokes to homophobic slurs/ jokes. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone, no matter how resilient. Hours terrible, terrible pay, terrible management. Management will bother employees for even the smallest things such as going to get a coffee or even sometimes going to the toilet.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Bad hours. Toxic environment and management. Poor pay.
11 May 2020
Same roleSame location
Lead generation Agent (Former Employee) - City Centre Dublin, County Dublin
They need to care more about the people who make them their money. After probation is where you'll start having problems. Everyone is replaceable and you feel it
11 October 2019
Same role
Lead Generation Agent (Former Employee) - Wexford
I enjoyed my time with IDG as it was a good position Which gave me invaluable experience. I worked as Lead Generation agent and began on the US side hours were from 2-10. I got to call on behalf of branded clients eg Microsoft,HP etc and discuss their offerings with C-Level executives. Very rare to get the chance to speak the actual person day as it was mainly Gatekeepers and Voicemail. No one ever answers on the US side so the main requirement was to get your calls logged. BANT was generally used to qualify the contact. I then moved to the European team which was more professional, quality focused and I preferred the hours. Again I was contacting C-Level Management on behalf of top IT vendors and this was the best part of the role for me. I learned negotiation, generating quality leads and closing skills. There was regular training and catch ups with management etc.
Pros
IT Vendors you get to work for, Work from home with a good salary
Cons
Favoritism shown by TL’s, No regular review of KPI’s
25 August 2020
Same location
Telemarketing Agent (Former Employee) - Dublin
I spent almost 12 months working for IDG Dublin. A mongst the many call centre roles I had over 20 this certainly ranks the worst. I'm fine working in a fast paced target driven environmen though if you were a top performer as I was with a few slack weeks they want you gone. No support from a dreadful HR unit. Would not recommend even for entry level or between jobs.
Pros
Decent and sociable mainly younger colleagues.
Cons
Bad and impersonal management. Teriible job security and little reward.