IDG Direct

IDG Direct Employee Reviews in Dublin

Dublin21 reviews
They need to care more about the people who make them their money. After probation is where you'll start having problems. Everyone is replaceable and you feel it
I spent almost 12 months working for IDG Dublin. A mongst the many call centre roles I had over 20 this certainly ranks the worst.
I'm fine working in a fast paced target driven environmen though if you were a top performer as I was with a few slack weeks they want you gone. No support from a dreadful HR unit.

Would not recommend even for entry level or between jobs.
Pros
Decent and sociable mainly younger colleagues.
Cons
Bad and impersonal management. Teriible job security and little reward.
Very intense monitoring. must get enough leads or you're job is in trouble.
Christmas party, staff nights out, company social nights.

team leaders ok
Pros
social benefits
Cons
lots of hang ups
Basic telemarketing company. Lead generation for big IT companies making thousands on their follow up calls but couldn't even give commission anymore to the hamsters on front line sparking the lead interest. Good company if your young and want to make friends and enjoy social aspect of work.. on the other hand feels like your in primary school again at other stages.
As a lead generation agent you are cold calling IT professionals based in the US. Follow a very basic script and it is extremely easy with any effort put in. Management treats employees terribly, often blackmailing you to make you break rules in order to get extra leads to make them look good, putting your job security at risk. The general environment in the office is extremely toxic. Management have little to no idea on how to actually manage employees as they typically have little to no experience; they are all extremely unprofessional. Jokes on the floor between management can vary from sexist jokes to homophobic slurs/ jokes. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone, no matter how resilient. Hours terrible, terrible pay, terrible management. Management will bother employees for even the smallest things such as going to get a coffee or even sometimes going to the toilet.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Bad hours. Toxic environment and management. Poor pay.
Good place to start you office career, job vacancies from internal 1st.
Salary is not competitive.

management is aiming to make changes and hopefully in time to make the different.
A good step for learning about a wide range of IT services and products. There are many different markets and teams which makes the culture an enjoyable atmosphere.

The team leaders are very friendly and approachable. The companies that IDG Direct work on behalf of are top tier companies including the likes of Microsoft, Oracle, IBM. You are expected to make a high volume of outbound cold calls at least 120+ per day.

Overall the experience that I had while working with IDG Direct has been a positive experience which I would recommend to somebody who is wishing to start a career in the IT Industry.
A typical day at work:
Look assigned campaign

Look at the brief

Get information about the campaign and the company

start calling people

Qualify leads
Amazing team leaders and colleagues, with great opportunity to further your career and move up.
I enjoy working in IDG, great company to work for with many incentives to improve the workload. They also provide the retirement plan for anyone who has interest.
good benefits, friendly management. fresh fruit on Wednesday. staff from different backgrounds so learn a lot about different cultures. Managers very approachable and helpful
I learned to doing research on LinkedIn / Google for database.

To make calls on Icall, put the correct filters.

I learned how to make a call by introducing the company, the report

ask the questions and the next project in the It department.
The people are great but it sets an unrealistic standard of stats.
The job itself entails cold calling it professionals and offering white papers but it is very hard to even speak to them never mind handing out 50 white papers a week.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Very unrealistic standards.
My work experience is very varied and rich as I have been through a lot of phases during my professional career, thus I have learned many important things like patience, focusing on the task in hand and how to be a successful team member as well as a team leader.
Pros
Free lunch, free accomodation
Cons
Small money, long working hours, .
management.
culture of performance

sales culture

Kwoledge for Middle East Market Africa Market Europe Market

Great atmosphere to work

Great training to improve your skills

Good communication with the direction
Tres bonne esprit d'equipe au seins de la societe entre le staff.
Pros
L'esprit d'equipe du staff
Cons
manque de communication du management
long hours and not enough support from IDG Direct very bad company. long hours and the pay is not great and it is not run great
Its basically cold calling to US and international market.When I was interviewed I was told by HR That basic wage will be 19k and there will be 7 euros per qualified lead.after one month they finish the bonus by saying that they will increase wages.they increased only 20 euros a month.so the rule is if they have campaigns they will pay you good money other wise they will throw you out.you have to do over time quite often and again if they have money they will pay otherwise will give you credit in your annual leave.HR is completely bullocks.Team Leaders and QA are Ok but not helpful.Overall to say if you get jobs in tesco or Aldi for 9 euros per hour it's worth rather than working in IDG. They don't treat you as human.

AVOID AVOID AVOID
Pros
Location is good in city centre notjing else
Cons
Managment is useless avoid avoid
I am responsible to make outbound calls to customers regarding differenet campaigns we have and offer them a variety of IT reports. I learned to be collaborative, target-driven and punctual.
IDG is a good company to work for, based in Dublin City Centre, very close to all major bus routes. Training is provided for any new starters. The long hours would be a draw back especially if living a great distance away. All in all a good company.
Pros
Enthusiastic Environment
Cons
Long Hours
The company was managed by the head office in the UK and they were money hungry. The Dublin office was an easy target to cut costs when other areas of the UK business did not perform well.

Achieved great management & people management experience but you were only as good as your last month. Even though we exceeded targets by 145% & constantly achieved 100% of our quarterly bonus, the management in the UK still wanted more and would expect staff to work around the clock on international markets and wouldn't allow time for staff rest time and if you didn't have staff available to take on a last minute unplanned campaigns that competitors could not deliver, it was seen that we refused a campaign instead of not having the available resources. We were also given campaigns that were impossible to deliver and this would be used and recognised as failed campaign even though it would have been unrealistic.

Although the Dublin office had a great team of people it was not an nice environment to work in with the pressures and forces of the UK management.
Pros
City Centre based with FREE parking, other than that none.
Cons
Expected to work long hours between European & US markets and take calls at the weekend.