IDG Direct

IDG Direct Employee Reviews in Dublin, County Dublin

Dublin, County Dublin24 reviews

Good workplace

You are expected to make a large volume of calls throughout the day, which can become very repetitive, however, there is opportunities to progress within the company.

Unrealistic demands

The pay is terrible. Bare minimum pay and very high workload. No bonus schemes, no incentives, no support. Management just want you to work like robots. It’s good for experience to get in and get out. But you meet some nice people.

Insights into IDG Direct

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things

This place is the pits

I worked at IDG as more of a “filler job” while I looked for something better. Safe to say, this place is the pits. I made about 140 calls a day and I was lucky if I spoke to 1 or 2 people all day. It is a brain numbing job that sucked the soul out of me. I cried most weeks. Not to mention, the targets that the managers expect you to reach are completely insane. I was there for a very short time, and during my time there, I witness two people get fired because of they’re “bad” performance. I knew that if I didn’t get out fast, I’d be next to go. I could go on and on about how bad this job is. I often wondered how they got away with the stunts they pulled. At IDG, you are punished for being sick. I was sick with covid related issues for two days and I was docked almost €100 out of my wages. How is that legal? The management style is something I’ve never witnessed before. Your EVERY move is monitored as analysed. You will be required to use a platform where you log your status for everything you are doing. They will call you up on it if you are off calls more than a few minutes. It’s beyond micromanaging. My advice is to run for the hills before accepting an offer here!

Pros

Absolutely none

Cons

Low pay, low morale, horrible tasks.

Terrible place to work!

I spent almost 12 months working for IDG Dublin. A mongst the many call centre roles I had over 20 this certainly ranks the worst. I'm fine working in a fast paced target driven environmen though if you were a top performer as I was with a few slack weeks they want you gone. No support from a dreadful HR unit. Would not recommend even for entry level or between jobs.

Pros

Decent and sociable mainly younger colleagues.

Cons

Bad and impersonal management. Teriible job security and little reward.

Learned a lot for first time in office

They need to care more about the people who make them their money. After probation is where you'll start having problems. Everyone is replaceable and you feel it

not the best

Very intense monitoring. must get enough leads or you're job is in trouble. Christmas party, staff nights out, company social nights. team leaders ok

Pros

social benefits

Cons

lots of hang ups

Not the best if your looking to progress

Basic telemarketing company. Lead generation for big IT companies making thousands on their follow up calls but couldn't even give commission anymore to the hamsters on front line sparking the lead interest. Good company if your young and want to make friends and enjoy social aspect of work.. on the other hand feels like your in primary school again at other stages.

Toxic workplace with terrible management

As a lead generation agent you are cold calling IT professionals based in the US. Follow a very basic script and it is extremely easy with any effort put in. Management treats employees terribly, often blackmailing you to make you break rules in order to get extra leads to make them look good, putting your job security at risk. The general environment in the office is extremely toxic. Management have little to no idea on how to actually manage employees as they typically have little to no experience; they are all extremely unprofessional. Jokes on the floor between management can vary from sexist jokes to homophobic slurs/ jokes. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone, no matter how resilient. Hours terrible, terrible pay, terrible management. Management will bother employees for even the smallest things such as going to get a coffee or even sometimes going to the toilet.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Bad hours. Toxic environment and management. Poor pay.

Good place to start you office career.

Good place to start you office career, job vacancies from internal 1st. Salary is not competitive. management is aiming to make changes and hopefully in time to make the different.

Friendly, Team based, high energy atmosphere

A good step for learning about a wide range of IT services and products. There are many different markets and teams which makes the culture an enjoyable atmosphere. The team leaders are very friendly and approachable. The companies that IDG Direct work on behalf of are top tier companies including the likes of Microsoft, Oracle, IBM. You are expected to make a high volume of outbound cold calls at least 120+ per day. Overall the experience that I had while working with IDG Direct has been a positive experience which I would recommend to somebody who is wishing to start a career in the IT Industry.

Typical day

A typical day at work: Look assigned campaign Look at the brief Get information about the campaign and the company start calling people Qualify leads

What I liked the most about this job

Amazing team leaders and colleagues, with great opportunity to further your career and move up.

productive and well organised workplace

I enjoy working in IDG, great company to work for with many incentives to improve the workload. They also provide the retirement plan for anyone who has interest.

great place to work

good benefits, friendly management. fresh fruit on Wednesday. staff from different backgrounds so learn a lot about different cultures. Managers very approachable and helpful

Fun workplace.

I learned to doing research on LinkedIn / Google for database. To make calls on Icall, put the correct filters. I learned how to make a call by introducing the company, the report ask the questions and the next project in the It department.

Repetitive.

The people are great but it sets an unrealistic standard of stats. The job itself entails cold calling it professionals and offering white papers but it is very hard to even speak to them never mind handing out 50 white papers a week.

Pros

Free tea

Cons

Very unrealistic standards.

Hard work and long hours

My work experience is very varied and rich as I have been through a lot of phases during my professional career, thus I have learned many important things like patience, focusing on the task in hand and how to be a successful team member as well as a team leader.

Pros

Free lunch, free accomodation

Cons

Small money, long working hours, .

management. culture of performance sales culture Kwoledge for Middle East Market Africa Market Europe Market Great atmosphere to work Great training to improve your skills Good communication with the direction

Le staff

Tres bonne esprit d'equipe au seins de la societe entre le staff.

Pros

L'esprit d'equipe du staff

Cons

manque de communication du management

ok to work for not great

long hours and not enough support from IDG Direct very bad company. long hours and the pay is not great and it is not run great

Beware of this company

Its basically cold calling to US and international market.When I was interviewed I was told by HR That basic wage will be 19k and there will be 7 euros per qualified lead.after one month they finish the bonus by saying that they will increase wages.they increased only 20 euros a month.so the rule is if they have campaigns they will pay you good money other wise they will throw you out.you have to do over time quite often and again if they have money they will pay otherwise will give you credit in your annual leave.HR is completely bullocks.Team Leaders and QA are Ok but not helpful.Overall to say if you get jobs in tesco or Aldi for 9 euros per hour it's worth rather than working in IDG. They don't treat you as human. AVOID AVOID AVOID

Pros

Location is good in city centre notjing else

Cons

Managment is useless avoid avoid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IDG Direct. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare IDG Direct with

IDG Direct reviews by location

Learn about IDG Direct in Dublin, County Dublin

• IDG Direct
  • Dublin, County Dublin
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?