IDG Direct

IDG Direct Employee Reviews for Lead Generation Specialist

Lead Generation Specialist8 reviews
Ireland8 reviews

Good workplace

You are expected to make a large volume of calls throughout the day, which can become very repetitive, however, there is opportunities to progress within the company.

This place is the pits

I worked at IDG as more of a “filler job” while I looked for something better. Safe to say, this place is the pits. I made about 140 calls a day and I was lucky if I spoke to 1 or 2 people all day. It is a brain numbing job that sucked the soul out of me. I cried most weeks. Not to mention, the targets that the managers expect you to reach are completely insane. I was there for a very short time, and during my time there, I witness two people get fired because of they’re “bad” performance. I knew that if I didn’t get out fast, I’d be next to go. I could go on and on about how bad this job is. I often wondered how they got away with the stunts they pulled. At IDG, you are punished for being sick. I was sick with covid related issues for two days and I was docked almost €100 out of my wages. How is that legal? The management style is something I’ve never witnessed before. Your EVERY move is monitored as analysed. You will be required to use a platform where you log your status for everything you are doing. They will call you up on it if you are off calls more than a few minutes. It’s beyond micromanaging. My advice is to run for the hills before accepting an offer here!

Pros

Absolutely none

Cons

Low pay, low morale, horrible tasks.

Insights into IDG Direct

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things

Learned a lot for first time in office

They need to care more about the people who make them their money. After probation is where you'll start having problems. Everyone is replaceable and you feel it

Challenging and Rewarding

I enjoyed my time with IDG as it was a good position Which gave me invaluable experience. I worked as Lead Generation agent and began on the US side hours were from 2-10. I got to call on behalf of branded clients eg Microsoft,HP etc and discuss their offerings with C-Level executives. Very rare to get the chance to speak the actual person day as it was mainly Gatekeepers and Voicemail. No one ever answers on the US side so the main requirement was to get your calls logged. BANT was generally used to qualify the contact. I then moved to the European team which was more professional, quality focused and I preferred the hours. Again I was contacting C-Level Management on behalf of top IT vendors and this was the best part of the role for me. I learned negotiation, generating quality leads and closing skills. There was regular training and catch ups with management etc.

Pros

IT Vendors you get to work for, Work from home with a good salary

Cons

Favoritism shown by TL’s, No regular review of KPI’s

Toxic workplace with terrible management

As a lead generation agent you are cold calling IT professionals based in the US. Follow a very basic script and it is extremely easy with any effort put in. Management treats employees terribly, often blackmailing you to make you break rules in order to get extra leads to make them look good, putting your job security at risk. The general environment in the office is extremely toxic. Management have little to no idea on how to actually manage employees as they typically have little to no experience; they are all extremely unprofessional. Jokes on the floor between management can vary from sexist jokes to homophobic slurs/ jokes. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone, no matter how resilient. Hours terrible, terrible pay, terrible management. Management will bother employees for even the smallest things such as going to get a coffee or even sometimes going to the toilet.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Bad hours. Toxic environment and management. Poor pay.

Typical day

A typical day at work: Look assigned campaign Look at the brief Get information about the campaign and the company start calling people Qualify leads

great place to work

good benefits, friendly management. fresh fruit on Wednesday. staff from different backgrounds so learn a lot about different cultures. Managers very approachable and helpful

Repetitive.

The people are great but it sets an unrealistic standard of stats. The job itself entails cold calling it professionals and offering white papers but it is very hard to even speak to them never mind handing out 50 white papers a week.

Pros

Free tea

Cons

Very unrealistic standards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IDG Direct. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement