IDG Direct

IDG Direct Employee Reviews for Lead Generation Specialist

They need to care more about the people who make them their money. After probation is where you'll start having problems. Everyone is replaceable and you feel it
I enjoyed my time with IDG as it was a good position Which gave me invaluable experience. I worked as Lead Generation agent and began on the US side hours were from 2-10. I got to call on behalf of branded clients eg Microsoft,HP etc and discuss their offerings with C-Level executives. Very rare to get the chance to speak the actual person day as it was mainly Gatekeepers and Voicemail. No one ever answers on the US side so the main requirement was to get your calls logged. BANT was generally used to qualify the contact. I then moved to the European team which was more professional, quality focused and I preferred the hours. Again I was contacting C-Level Management on behalf of top IT vendors and this was the best part of the role for me. I learned negotiation, generating quality leads and closing skills. There was regular training and catch ups with management etc.
Pros
IT Vendors you get to work for, Work from home with a good salary
Cons
Favoritism shown by TL’s, No regular review of KPI’s
As a lead generation agent you are cold calling IT professionals based in the US. Follow a very basic script and it is extremely easy with any effort put in. Management treats employees terribly, often blackmailing you to make you break rules in order to get extra leads to make them look good, putting your job security at risk. The general environment in the office is extremely toxic. Management have little to no idea on how to actually manage employees as they typically have little to no experience; they are all extremely unprofessional. Jokes on the floor between management can vary from sexist jokes to homophobic slurs/ jokes. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone, no matter how resilient. Hours terrible, terrible pay, terrible management. Management will bother employees for even the smallest things such as going to get a coffee or even sometimes going to the toilet.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Bad hours. Toxic environment and management. Poor pay.
A typical day at work: Look assigned campaign Look at the brief Get information about the campaign and the company start calling people Qualify leads
good benefits, friendly management. fresh fruit on Wednesday. staff from different backgrounds so learn a lot about different cultures. Managers very approachable and helpful
The people are great but it sets an unrealistic standard of stats. The job itself entails cold calling it professionals and offering white papers but it is very hard to even speak to them never mind handing out 50 white papers a week.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Very unrealistic standards.