IDG Direct

IDG Direct

IDG Direct Employee Review

Terrible place to work!

I spent almost 12 months working for IDG Dublin. A mongst the many call centre roles I had over 20 this certainly ranks the worst. I'm fine working in a fast paced target driven environmen though if you were a top performer as I was with a few slack weeks they want you gone. No support from a dreadful HR unit. Would not recommend even for entry level or between jobs.

Pros

Decent and sociable mainly younger colleagues.

Cons

Bad and impersonal management. Teriible job security and little reward.

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

not the best

Very intense monitoring. must get enough leads or you're job is in trouble. Christmas party, staff nights out, company social nights. team leaders ok

Pros

social benefits

Cons

lots of hang ups
Same location

Unrealistic demands

The pay is terrible. Bare minimum pay and very high workload. No bonus schemes, no incentives, no support. Management just want you to work like robots. It’s good for experience to get in and get out. But you meet some nice people.
Same location

This place is the pits

I worked at IDG as more of a “filler job” while I looked for something better. Safe to say, this place is the pits. I made about 140 calls a day and I was lucky if I spoke to 1 or 2 people all day. It is a brain numbing job that sucked the soul out of me. I cried most weeks. Not to mention, the targets that the managers expect you to reach are completely insane. I was there for a very short time, and during my time there, I witness two people get fired because of they’re “bad” performance. I knew that if I didn’t get out fast, I’d be next to go. I could go on and on about how bad this job is. I often wondered how they got away with the stunts they pulled. At IDG, you are punished for being sick. I was sick with covid related issues for two days and I was docked almost €100 out of my wages. How is that legal? The management style is something I’ve never witnessed before. Your EVERY move is monitored as analysed. You will be required to use a platform where you log your status for everything you are doing. They will call you up on it if you are off calls more than a few minutes. It’s beyond micromanaging. My advice is to run for the hills before accepting an offer here!

Pros

Absolutely none

Cons

Low pay, low morale, horrible tasks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IDG Direct. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare IDG Direct with

Learn about IDG Direct in popular locations

• IDG Direct
  • Terrible place to work!