IDG Direct

IDG Direct

IDG Direct Employee Review

Learned a lot for first time in office

They need to care more about the people who make them their money. After probation is where you'll start having problems. Everyone is replaceable and you feel it

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

This place is the pits

I worked at IDG as more of a “filler job” while I looked for something better. Safe to say, this place is the pits. I made about 140 calls a day and I was lucky if I spoke to 1 or 2 people all day. It is a brain numbing job that sucked the soul out of me. I cried most weeks. Not to mention, the targets that the managers expect you to reach are completely insane. I was there for a very short time, and during my time there, I witness two people get fired because of they’re “bad” performance. I knew that if I didn’t get out fast, I’d be next to go. I could go on and on about how bad this job is. I often wondered how they got away with the stunts they pulled. At IDG, you are punished for being sick. I was sick with covid related issues for two days and I was docked almost €100 out of my wages. How is that legal? The management style is something I’ve never witnessed before. Your EVERY move is monitored as analysed. You will be required to use a platform where you log your status for everything you are doing. They will call you up on it if you are off calls more than a few minutes. It’s beyond micromanaging. My advice is to run for the hills before accepting an offer here!

Pros

Absolutely none

Cons

Low pay, low morale, horrible tasks.
Same role

Challenging and Rewarding

I enjoyed my time with IDG as it was a good position Which gave me invaluable experience. I worked as Lead Generation agent and began on the US side hours were from 2-10. I got to call on behalf of branded clients eg Microsoft,HP etc and discuss their offerings with C-Level executives. Very rare to get the chance to speak the actual person day as it was mainly Gatekeepers and Voicemail. No one ever answers on the US side so the main requirement was to get your calls logged. BANT was generally used to qualify the contact. I then moved to the European team which was more professional, quality focused and I preferred the hours. Again I was contacting C-Level Management on behalf of top IT vendors and this was the best part of the role for me. I learned negotiation, generating quality leads and closing skills. There was regular training and catch ups with management etc.

Pros

IT Vendors you get to work for, Work from home with a good salary

Cons

Favoritism shown by TL’s, No regular review of KPI’s
Same location

Unrealistic demands

The pay is terrible. Bare minimum pay and very high workload. No bonus schemes, no incentives, no support. Management just want you to work like robots. It’s good for experience to get in and get out. But you meet some nice people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IDG Direct. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare IDG Direct with

Learn about IDG Direct in popular locations

• IDG Direct
  • Learned a lot for first time in office
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?