IDG Direct

IDG Direct Employee Reviews

Ireland24 reviews
They need to care more about the people who make them their money. After probation is where you'll start having problems. Everyone is replaceable and you feel it
I am responsible to make outbound calls to customers regarding differenet campaigns we have and offer them a variety of IT reports. I learned to be collaborative, target-driven and punctual.
IDG is a good company to work for, based in Dublin City Centre, very close to all major bus routes. Training is provided for any new starters. The long hours would be a draw back especially if living a great distance away. All in all a good company.
Pros
Enthusiastic Environment
Cons
Long Hours
The company was managed by the head office in the UK and they were money hungry. The Dublin office was an easy target to cut costs when other areas of the UK business did not perform well.

Achieved great management & people management experience but you were only as good as your last month. Even though we exceeded targets by 145% & constantly achieved 100% of our quarterly bonus, the management in the UK still wanted more and would expect staff to work around the clock on international markets and wouldn't allow time for staff rest time and if you didn't have staff available to take on a last minute unplanned campaigns that competitors could not deliver, it was seen that we refused a campaign instead of not having the available resources. We were also given campaigns that were impossible to deliver and this would be used and recognised as failed campaign even though it would have been unrealistic.

Although the Dublin office had a great team of people it was not an nice environment to work in with the pressures and forces of the UK management.
Pros
City Centre based with FREE parking, other than that none.
Cons
Expected to work long hours between European & US markets and take calls at the weekend.