IKEA
Coronavirus update
Information from IKEA:

IKEA Employee Reviews

Ireland39 reviews
Fast-paced, Stressful at times. Lot to learn depending on what department you are working. Crazy working hours. limited holidays, get good employee discount.
The worst company in Dublin even they do not provided uniforms we use old ones from the staff left I do not suggest any friend to work in this company
Wage seems good at first but staff are over worked. The money is not worth the stress this job causes most people. The main reason people stay in IKEA is because the workforce is so large (650) so you are bound to make a group of really close friends. Unfortunately that is the only positive that sticks out in my mind for Ikea. I was there for 7 years, a lot of people leave after 2. Management does not use the internal interview process fairly so good luck moving up in the company unless you are friends with the right managers or you are sleeping with one if them.
Most people start off on a 20 hour contract, they will stretch that across 5 days mostly evenings and weekends

If you are looking for a career with opportunities and options avoid IKEA.
Cult environment, horrible place to work. Constant pressure and demands to meet targets from management while they sit in the canteen or swan about chatting, most of them not qualified to do the job at hand.
Over worked and under paid while constantly being told it's a great place to work.
Visual Merchandiser team are great to work with. I enjoyed my time there and learnt a lot from the team.great job and good benefits. really good hours.
I enjoy the work itself as a kitchen planner. I am always kept busy and can really work on my creativity. everyone in Ikea is very friendly but it is a really busy store and i feel that sometimes there can be more done for their staff.
Cons
management are not great.
Great place to work, good benefits, good morale, health insurance. Everyone has a voice. Opinion valued. Flexible working hours. Free meals on busy days. Free parking.
Incredibly inclusive with great opportunities to gain experience and learn. Great team work ethic. Friendly work environment with great inter department working.
I have been working for Ikea group barely 3 years and a lot had learned since then. The atmosphere in there is amazing and the team is so friendly and helpfully.
I bring many great memories from there and friends. Would highly recommend have a job experience with them.
I worked here for several years and made some friends I'll have for life but the upper management contain some of the most truly toxic and horrible people i have ever met. Being called "stupid" and an "idiot" is common place by one member in particular who holds a lot of sway in the sales side of the business. I've lost many a nights sleep worrying about what the next days work held in store for me. It's so bad that anyone who has worked in Ikea Dublin knows exactly who I'm talking about.
Pros
6 weeks holidays and lots of training
Cons
Toxic management, low pay
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IKEA?
Ikea Dublin is understaffed and highly busy, to make it worse, as if, dealing with many customers all at once wasn't difficult enough, amongst your daily choirs on a fast-paced environment, the Managers don't make it easy either. I left as I could not tolerate the pressure of the job as well the very strange management style, they literally will hunt you off and harass you. A considerate level of sickness levels due to the stress of the job, toilet breaks are monitored and you are constantly pulled up for minor things. Some staff members are allowed to do what they want and are picked for every good opportunity going - favouritism for locals is rife here! Avoid unless desperate as you will be miserable after a few weeks due to the horrible negative stressful atmosphere!
Day in work as inventory co - worker is very busy.
I have learned how to check each transaction on product, that all movement on product is correct and all transaction registered correct.

Management are good

In work very importance is team work.

The hardest part of the job that you have to make decision and written off money because product was missing.

The most enjoyable part of the job while you found missing stock.
Pros
cheap meal
Ikea dublin is full of great co workers who keep the place ticking over the managers on the other hand are rude condescending lazy bullies who spend all day sitting in the office or canteen senior management are so out of touch they have no clue wats really going on at grass roots .Wouldn't recommend it as a work place they like to break people no respect or acknowledgement.
Pros
dojazd i montowanie mebli kuchennych u klienta, zmiany ekspozycji na hali sprzedaży
Pros
darmowe posiłki
Cons
brak
Being part of the CommIn group was great. I was a VM intern for a year and the workplace culture was great. I learned many skills to could improve my VM career in creative and also commercial point of view.
Pros
Cheap lunches, free hot beverages and drinks.
Cons
its a very physical job. it does get very tiring after a day
Worked night shifts in a high volume logistics operation.
Management where approachable.

Employees where important to management

Worked to strict deadlines
I collected and stored trolly's for customers in main car park, I also helped customers pack there car with product. There was alone of heavy lifting, but I am nearly fit from playing football and Martial arts, so the heavy lifting was ok.
The company Offers the best and cheapest food staff can buy. eg having a full lunch for 1.80 euros per day. there free drinks and coffe and free re-fills.
Pros
cheap food
Cons
wired shifts
fun and enjoyable great staff team, also a great work environment to go into everyday highly enjoyed working there and with the others who work there to.
It was a great place to work a few years ago but when I was working there, there was just not enough staff. Everyone was feeling the extra workload and it can be stressful. On the bright side the co-workers are really friendly and look out for each other. And I heard IKEA Dublin are hiring a lot of staff soon, if so then it has the potential to be a great place to work again:)
Pros
Great co-workers, penshion scheme, cheap/free lunches, pay
Cons
under staffed, can be really fast-pace enviroment
The work in Ikea can only be described as mind numbing where managers who should be on the floor hide in the canteen all day whilst giving workloads where 2 people are needed yet expecting it all to be done by yourself, If not completed you would receive an embarrassing condescending attitude by people who let you know they felt superior.

The only redeeming factor is the average co worker in Ikea is more than likely going to be very kind.
Pros
6 weeks paid holidays
Cons
Only 16 hour contracts for more than 80% of staff, Managers are rude and unjust