IKEA Employee Reviews

Showing all 8,247 reviews
Fast-paced, Stressful at times. Lot to learn depending on what department you are working. Crazy working hours. limited holidays, get good employee discount.
Nacjonalistyczna firma, drenaż mózgów przerowadzająca nieustającym inwigilowaniem filmowaniem tzw ''demokracja'' nie dopuszcza ludzi o tradycyjnych poglądachwyrzucanie ludzi z pracy - tzw; " likwidacja stanowisk''niszczenie psychiki i życiaNiedopuszczalny pod wzgledem etycznym, prawnym i wszelakim Terror przy zakończaniu umowy o pracę : doświadczyłam ( wraz z 29 innymi osobami z Grupy Ekspansja) informacji o likwidacji stanowiska : w zamkniętym od zewnątrz pomieszczeniu : pilnowanym przez Ochronę : !!! uwaga: z niemożliwością wyjścia z pomieszczenia : jezeli nie podpisze się rezygnacjitakie metody stosuje IKEA w Polsce
Pros
wobec minusów nie ma plusów
Cons
mobing
When I first received my job offer from IKEA I was ecstatic, but 3 months in and I'm literally having to force myself into work. I have had 3 or 4 managers in the space of 3 months, I never really know what is going on due to poor communication from management, and I have not been trained properly. If you apply for a warehouse job, expect to teach yourself because the managers certainly won't teach you much if anything at all. On my first shift, I was handed over to a coworker for a few hours and that was about it. Most coworkers are lovely, but also seems quite cliquey. I'm socially awkward so I'm not great with people anyway, but I have felt incredibly lonely in my time here and I have cried more times at work than I'd like to admit. I work hard and always make sure I do as much as I can, but there is a lack of encouragement from management. Instead, they will focus on your 1-minute lates and talk about you. If not for the few lovely co-workers I have met, I would not have lasted this long.
Pros
Free healthy meal
Cons
very poor management
Working at ikea is the worst work I ever seen. They not helping each other and worst management. Stressful life and workflow is the worst part. They really don’t know to treat their employees.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Worst management
Enseigne juste génial, une très belle expérience, bon personnelles et chef au top, je recommande entièrement Ikea au personnes qui souhaite faire l'expérience
Pros
L'ambiance, et les repas
Cons
La sécurité de l'emploi
The corporate policies that are provided to employees for food, PTO, discounts, time off, and Human Resources are fantastic. What are not fantastic are the morons they hire into the most critical positions.
Pros
Cheap Lunches, Discounts
Cons
Bosses whittle down legally required breaks to be non-existent
I will change every discratation inside the magasin, because working so baf people
this was A company that really is nice in a sense where everyone gets along and is good working together. however, the company is not sure of the direction.
Pros
$3 lunchs
Cons
Poor tech
Une super expérience De belles valeurs partagées par l’ensemble des collaborateurs Des avantages sociaux et un salaire avec bonus très intéressants
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IKEA?
Everybody there was super chill and nice. Didnt have to buy lunch neither. Customers were pretty nice too. Might go back in the future. It's a great place.
Sunt încântată să lucrez la Ikea , e o provocare, nici o zi nu e ca cealaltă , nu e un loc stresant , esti ascultat , parerea ta contează ,
Pros
Cafea, ceai, fructe gratuite
Cons
Nu exista
Maybe it's my face. I was nothing but respectful and polite. I was met with hostile employees who were real jerks. I dont understand people on most days but I know mean and rude attitudes. Most of the workers had something to say about everything I did. Management wasn't much better. Calgary location. I lasted 9 months before I quit. Walked out. Management phoned me to tell me I was very unprofessional to just have quit and I would never be able to work at another Ikea. I say thank you to him and don't worry I will never apply for a job with Ikea. Be ready to comfort and comply
Pros
Hours
Cons
Rude employees
J'ai passé 6 mois à IKEA. Une expérience formidable et instructive. La management est au top
Pros
Self, horaires
Cons
Difficile de connaître tout le monde
You can leave your job behind once you're done for the day and scheduling is fairly flexible. The negative issues are that you can have great ideas, but they go now where. Always felt that for me, I was often dismissed because I was not a senior employee.It's a great place for women, but conversely, the women have seemed to have an inside club. So if you are a man, you can not break into that club.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Too many rules
Es gibt mehr Vorteile als Nachteile. Ich würde sagen es war alles in Ordnung
Oppressively busy store with no hours and low salary. No Benefits. I performed above expectations. Too Stressful with no future promotional opportunities. When all younger veteran employees went on vacation I was stuck working longer hours. Goodbye.
After the founder passed away, the company lost a bit of the "spunk" it used to have. Overall still a good place to work. Good work/life balance. Good pay and benefits.
First place where I felt they care about me as an individual. A lot of learning and development possibilities. You are free to be yourself and try things out.
IKEA has good benefits and higher pay when it comes to retail. I worked in customer service which was sometimes exhausting (due to customers) but fine when it was slow.
Pros
good benefits, good pay for retail, management is friendly
Cons
not enough managers on the floor when it is busy; managers/team leads are overworked
Tremendously fun, with great people, management and peers alike. $4 buffet lunch, free coffee. However, sometimes the time restrictions on projects are unrealistic. Also the pay for the position is low.
Pros
Benefits, $4 Buffet Lunch
Cons
Pay
When I first got to the company, it was very fast paced and not a lot of training. Management is very lazy and fails to work with their employees with flexibility in hours and training