Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from IKEA:

IKEA Employee Reviews in Peterborough

Peterborough107 reviews
Shift patterns play havoc with your home life. Very clicky. You get promoted because you conform and agree with the managers. If you have ideas you are seen as a threat. Managers taken on from outside the company soon leave as their ideas and suggestions are side lined. There are some good TL’s but most suddenly become busy when you are in need of help if you have a call you need assistance with.
Free parking and lunches are a bonus as well as cake on lots of occasions.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Unsupportive Team Leaders
Felt great over there. Too bad when the busy time ended they didn’t need that many people so plenty of people had to go. Would love to go back there and pay rate was amazing.
Good place to work great growth. Good money for the job you do especially at a lower level. Good opportunity to branch out and work outside the csc if you are happy to travel too.
Pros
Free lunches
The whole job revolves around driving/picking orders, heavy wardrobes, kitchen, bathroom equipment. Backache problematic.
Even if you're given another Job it's lifting when packing smaller orders 25 kg or loading into lorries 25kg.
Pros
meals for £1.50 subsidised.
Cons
lifting very heavy equipment compaired to Amazon.
good work place ,good wages,good time work, car park ok,beneficts ok.breaks pay good company for work,management is not perfect,but same managers is fine others leave
Pros
wages
Cons
managment
Tout se passait très bien jusqu'à ce que la direction décide de changer les équipes et modifier les protocoles. C'est dommage....
IKEA is very face pace and the day goes past whilst reaching your targets, there a lot of different people so there is someone always to help. the work place is very friendly and safe
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Busyne
Boa companhia para trabalhar.bom ordenado dão valor aos empregados
Pros
Proguesao na carreira
Cons
Turnos
I learned a lot of customer skills at IKEA and how to deal with all kinds of customers. On a general day i would sit in my allocated seats and wait for the calls to come through aiding the customer in which ever way was required.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IKEA?
Great people and work place.
So many changes for self development.

Unfortunatel I left but I‘ve took many friends from there.

The reason I have left is was the rota. Icouldn’t span
Pros
Good money
Cons
Rota
Employees given every opportunity to advance themselves.
Chances of working in other countries and cultures.

A good attitude to family/life arrangements.

Enjoyable due to the amount of knowledge that can be shared worldwide at the flick of a switch or one to one phone calls.

Good IT backup.
Ikea is a company with a great atmosphere to work in and a superb team of employees that are willing to help you with anything you may need. Along with a brilliant mental health team.
It is a a very past pace environment. Very clean. Free fruit and free coffee/tea . Can purchase any item with employee discount (10 %).
The organization employees people from all cultural backgrounds

and is very inclusive.
Great company to work for, excellent benefits. If you want to progress you have to do the hard work to get to where you want to be but you will get it's of support on your journey.
Managment could be a bit better, IKEA have lots of values put into place but not an awful lot followed

Good pay, hours are between 7am - 8pm and you will be given x2 lates x2 earlies and x2 mids during a 6 week period.

Manager are always on a power trip, same with trainers and team leaders.

Food is awful too

Place of work within the call centre is too childish for my liking, your favourites get picked and nobody follows the rules but are quick to dish out to other co workers...

honestly go elsewhere
I loved working for IKEA. Was there 3 years. Pay was amazing the best part about working for IKEA. The environment is so friendly. All i will say it’s amazing place to work for
Pressured if you are on the front line, stressful and very unrewarding. Some supervisors are clueless about treating their staff correctly, but they too are under extreme pressure. If you can do the politics here you will get on well. That said, there are some great middle managers, sincere and wonderful people that do value their co-workers. It's a real mixed bag. But overall, the family atmosphere that once existed there has largely disappeared.
Pros
Annual bonus
Cons
Awful hours, customers, and some supervisors
IKEA is a wonderful place to help you grow and progress within your personal development. I worked there for 2 years and 10 months. It helped me to move on and go further with my career. However, I felt it was time to leave when management went down hill and lots of rules changed on the way we should work. I worked in the call centre, for 1 and 1/2 years, and had to change departments. Everyone was leaving due to how challenging working on the phones were, you can be a strong person and still feel mentally and physically drained with several inbound escalates and serious complaints day in day out.

It can be very stressful but a rewarding job with all the benefits and bonuses you get. You learn many thing and get training when you wish to go further.

I relocated to Email correspondence department and was there for a year, it was brilliant! Getting to communicate with your co-workers if you needed help or clarification on whether you are following the right process. Help was always available and eveyone at IKEA is like a family. It was more laid back and there was no rush. You could spend more time making sure all customers are dealt with properly.

I would go back to IKEA, if management was like it used to be and everyone didn't have to be multi skilled (emails,social media,webchat and frontline calls) as the reason I left was not being able to put myself under the stress of having to go 10 hours on the phone any day of the week, when resources were low.
Fast paced, must be of a calm nature to cope with customer complaints which can be stressful. Be ready to learn new things daily and new ways of working. Difficult to get to if you don't have your own transport and no set days off/shifts make it difficult to plan anything. Hard for a parent with young children to get to school events/appointments
Pros
Pay & free food
Cons
Shifts
I'm glad to work for Ikea, I feel secure and welcome. Management are very friendly and helpful. Good weiges. Discount for co-workers for IKEA furniture.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
*work-life balance is very poor as shifts changing at the middle of the week so it's not possible to connect with Sirius hobbies or after work activities...
*everybody has the same salary not looking at your skills and knowledge, so there is lack motivation.