IKEA Employee Reviews in Dublin

Found 30 reviews matching the search See all 7,358 reviews
Bad
Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Dublin19 February 2020
The worst company in Dublin even they do not provided uniforms we use old ones from the staff left I do not suggest any friend to work in this company
Good for a short term job. Environment is too toxic for a long term career. Very positive workforce full of nice people. Management are very entitled
Sales (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 December 2019
Wage seems good at first but staff are over worked. The money is not worth the stress this job causes most people. The main reason people stay in IKEA is because the workforce is so large (650) so you are bound to make a group of really close friends. Unfortunately that is the only positive that sticks out in my mind for Ikea. I was there for 7 years, a lot of people leave after 2. Management does not use the internal interview process fairly so good luck moving up in the company unless you are friends with the right managers or you are sleeping with one if them.
Most people start off on a 20 hour contract, they will stretch that across 5 days mostly evenings and weekends
If you are looking for a career with opportunities and options avoid IKEA.
Bad management, stressful environment
Co-Worker (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 November 2019
Cult environment, horrible place to work. Constant pressure and demands to meet targets from management while they sit in the canteen or swan about chatting, most of them not qualified to do the job at hand.
Over worked and under paid while constantly being told it's a great place to work.
Safety and Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin IE19 May 2019
Great place to work, good benefits, good morale, health insurance. Everyone has a voice. Opinion valued. Flexible working hours. Free meals on busy days. Free parking.
Engaged
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 May 2019
Incredibly inclusive with great opportunities to gain experience and learn. Great team work ethic. Friendly work environment with great inter department working.
Lovely place to work at
Food Co-Worker (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 February 2019
I have been working for Ikea group barely 3 years and a lot had learned since then. The atmosphere in there is amazing and the team is so friendly and helpfully.
I bring many great memories from there and friends. Would highly recommend have a job experience with them.
Very productive and atmosphere in work is nice
Inventory co-worker (Current Employee) –  Dublin24 August 2018
Day in work as inventory co - worker is very busy.
I have learned how to check each transaction on product, that all movement on product is correct and all transaction registered correct.
Management are good
In work very importance is team work.
The hardest part of the job that you have to make decision and written off money because product was missing.
The most enjoyable part of the job while you found missing stock.
Pros
cheap meal
Bullying culture
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin30 July 2018
Ikea dublin is full of great co workers who keep the place ticking over the managers on the other hand are rude condescending lazy bullies who spend all day sitting in the office or canteen senior management are so out of touch they have no clue wats really going on at grass roots .Wouldn't recommend it as a work place they like to break people no respect or acknowledgement.
Pros
very good building ground.
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dublin12 April 2018
Being part of the CommIn group was great. I was a VM intern for a year and the workplace culture was great. I learned many skills to could improve my VM career in creative and also commercial point of view.
Pros
Cheap lunches, free hot beverages and drinks.
Cons
its a very physical job. it does get very tiring after a day
Productive and social
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 November 2017
The company Offers the best and cheapest food staff can buy. eg having a full lunch for 1.80 euros per day. there free drinks and coffe and free re-fills.
Pros
cheap food
Cons
wired shifts
great workplace
General operative (Simmons Recruitment-Ikea) (Former Employee) –  Dublin31 August 2017
fun and enjoyable great staff team, also a great work environment to go into everyday highly enjoyed working there and with the others who work there to.
Needs more staff to be great again
Co-Worker (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 August 2017
It was a great place to work a few years ago but when I was working there, there was just not enough staff. Everyone was feeling the extra workload and it can be stressful. On the bright side the co-workers are really friendly and look out for each other. And I heard IKEA Dublin are hiring a lot of staff soon, if so then it has the potential to be a great place to work again:)
Pros
Great co-workers, penshion scheme, cheap/free lunches, pay
Cons
under staffed, can be really fast-pace enviroment
Numbing
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin4 July 2017
The work in Ikea can only be described as mind numbing where managers who should be on the floor hide in the canteen all day whilst giving workloads where 2 people are needed yet expecting it all to be done by yourself, If not completed you would receive an embarrassing condescending attitude by people who let you know they felt superior.

The only redeeming factor is the average co worker in Ikea is more than likely going to be very kind.
Pros
6 weeks paid holidays
Cons
Only 16 hour contracts for more than 80% of staff, Managers are rude and unjust
fun workplace
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 July 2017
good company
freindly workers
fast paced work envoirment
you always had something else to do
its a dynacic work envoirment
hardest part was all the walking
most enjoyable was the freindly workplace envoirnment
an OK place to work
Logistics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin1 June 2017
I was in the logistics department. Early mornings I didn't fancy. I worked here for a short space of time. It was a basic place to work. Nothing memorable or fancy about it.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
early mornings
Productive, fun, busy, fast
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 April 2017
My work day starts at 8 am most days, so i have to be there by 7am. I worked In the Kitchen show rooms section in IKEA bally-mun Dublin located on the second floor. Work place culture was fast and rapid, the hardest part of the job is 310's and 390's while serving the customer at almost the same time. The atmosphere was great and relaxed, all required facilities where there, and the most amazing thing about the job was the low staff cost cafeteria that was always less that 3 euros to eat a comfortable meal. As a sale assistant, i handled customer introductions about various products and eased there shopping experience, in addition coupled with regular rounds of the shop floor to make sure everything is to standard .
Pros
Free lunch and cheap lunch!
Cons
Min minuites
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 February 2017
In IKEA we always have to be in early and always work to meet our delay target. the people I worked with were very helpful and easy to work with.
Pros
free lunch
Mi segundo hogar!
IF Coworker (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 January 2017
Uno de los mejores sitios donde he tenido el gusto de trabajar. Ikea es uno de esos lugares donde te sientes en casa y el personal con el que compartes cada dia es tan amigable y colaborador que nunca sientes que es otro dia mas de trabajo así haya sido un día duro. Allí aprendes que el cliente es de verdad lo mas importante y aprendes a ponerte en su lugar con ello se le da el servicio que quisieras recibir tu mismo (como debe ser siempre). Desarrollas pasión por el buen servicio al cliente y crece en ti un sentido de pertenencia que te hace sentir muy orgulloso de pertenecer a esta familia. Me siento muy agradecida de haber formado parte de sus filas y de haberme llevado tantos conocimientos que me servirán para ser un mejor profesional en atención al cliente,graduado en Ikea Dublin.
Pros
Salario, consideración con el personal, obsequios, comedor de trabajadores, todo
Cons
nada a lo que uno no pueda buscarle el lado bueno
Depends on the team
Kichten porter,,, stor manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 October 2016
I enjoye working there and then I became unwell so I taut it would be best forme to leave, ileft because of the sressfull hours and thebullying in workwasnt what I needed for myfirst job there were very nice people there and a lot of bullys so istar looking for other jobs and I couldnt find one I liked but ive always being into electrics and id be greatful tolearn a lot withthis company, id like to grow witin this company and also help the company to grow
Pros
Cheaplunches
Cons
Driven to theground
Empresa dinâmica e agradável de trabalhar
Supervisor e Atendimento ao Cliente (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 October 2016
Ser dinâmico e flexível é fundamental, por se tratar de uma grande rede de varejo que atende uma grande demanda de imigrantes, possuir mais de um idioma é completamente satisfatório. Alem de prestar seu serviço com qualidade, aprimora também sua habilidades com idiomas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.

52.8K