IKEA Employee Reviews in Dublin

Fast-paced, Stressful at times. Lot to learn depending on what department you are working. Crazy working hours. limited holidays, get good employee discount.
Secure and fun place to work.Good work life balance lots of benefits.Good place for development Fair treatment Strongly recommended place. to work
Pros
free lunches
Fantastic, I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good work environment. The food is also one of the best things about working there. Great for students too.
The worst company in Dublin even they do not provided uniforms we use old ones from the staff left I do not suggest any friend to work in this company
Wage seems good at first but staff are over worked. The money is not worth the stress this job causes most people. The main reason people stay in IKEA is because the workforce is so large (650) so you are bound to make a group of really close friends. Unfortunately that is the only positive that sticks out in my mind for Ikea. I was there for 7 years, a lot of people leave after 2. Management does not use the internal interview process fairly so good luck moving up in the company unless you are friends with the right managers or you are sleeping with one if them. Most people start off on a 20 hour contract, they will stretch that across 5 days mostly evenings and weekends If you are looking for a career with opportunities and options avoid IKEA.
Cult environment, horrible place to work. Constant pressure and demands to meet targets from management while they sit in the canteen or swan about chatting, most of them not qualified to do the job at hand. Over worked and under paid while constantly being told it's a great place to work.
Visual Merchandiser team are great to work with. I enjoyed my time there and learnt a lot from the team.great job and good benefits. really good hours.
Great place to work, good benefits, good morale, health insurance. Everyone has a voice. Opinion valued. Flexible working hours. Free meals on busy days. Free parking.
Incredibly inclusive with great opportunities to gain experience and learn. Great team work ethic. Friendly work environment with great inter department working.
I have been working for Ikea group barely 3 years and a lot had learned since then. The atmosphere in there is amazing and the team is so friendly and helpfully. I bring many great memories from there and friends. Would highly recommend have a job experience with them.
Day in work as inventory co - worker is very busy. I have learned how to check each transaction on product, that all movement on product is correct and all transaction registered correct. Management are good In work very importance is team work. The hardest part of the job that you have to make decision and written off money because product was missing. The most enjoyable part of the job while you found missing stock.
Pros
cheap meal
Ikea dublin is full of great co workers who keep the place ticking over the managers on the other hand are rude condescending lazy bullies who spend all day sitting in the office or canteen senior management are so out of touch they have no clue wats really going on at grass roots .Wouldn't recommend it as a work place they like to break people no respect or acknowledgement.
Pros
Being part of the CommIn group was great. I was a VM intern for a year and the workplace culture was great. I learned many skills to could improve my VM career in creative and also commercial point of view.
Pros
Cheap lunches, free hot beverages and drinks.
Cons
its a very physical job. it does get very tiring after a day
The company Offers the best and cheapest food staff can buy. eg having a full lunch for 1.80 euros per day. there free drinks and coffe and free re-fills.
Pros
cheap food
Cons
wired shifts
fun and enjoyable great staff team, also a great work environment to go into everyday highly enjoyed working there and with the others who work there to.
It was a great place to work a few years ago but when I was working there, there was just not enough staff. Everyone was feeling the extra workload and it can be stressful. On the bright side the co-workers are really friendly and look out for each other. And I heard IKEA Dublin are hiring a lot of staff soon, if so then it has the potential to be a great place to work again:)
Pros
Great co-workers, penshion scheme, cheap/free lunches, pay
Cons
under staffed, can be really fast-pace enviroment
The work in Ikea can only be described as mind numbing where managers who should be on the floor hide in the canteen all day whilst giving workloads where 2 people are needed yet expecting it all to be done by yourself, If not completed you would receive an embarrassing condescending attitude by people who let you know they felt superior. The only redeeming factor is the average co worker in Ikea is more than likely going to be very kind.
Pros
6 weeks paid holidays
Cons
Only 16 hour contracts for more than 80% of staff, Managers are rude and unjust
good company freindly workers fast paced work envoirment you always had something else to do its a dynacic work envoirment hardest part was all the walking most enjoyable was the freindly workplace envoirnment
I was in the logistics department. Early mornings I didn't fancy. I worked here for a short space of time. It was a basic place to work. Nothing memorable or fancy about it.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
early mornings
My work day starts at 8 am most days, so i have to be there by 7am. I worked In the Kitchen show rooms section in IKEA bally-mun Dublin located on the second floor. Work place culture was fast and rapid, the hardest part of the job is 310's and 390's while serving the customer at almost the same time. The atmosphere was great and relaxed, all required facilities where there, and the most amazing thing about the job was the low staff cost cafeteria that was always less that 3 euros to eat a comfortable meal. As a sale assistant, i handled customer introductions about various products and eased there shopping experience, in addition coupled with regular rounds of the shop floor to make sure everything is to standard .
Pros
Free lunch and cheap lunch!
Cons
Min minuites
In IKEA we always have to be in early and always work to meet our delay target. the people I worked with were very helpful and easy to work with.
Pros
free lunch