Here to help
Information from IKEA:

IKEA Employee Reviews in Dublin

Dublin31 reviews
Fast-paced
Fast-paced, Stressful at times. Lot to learn depending on what department you are working. Crazy working hours. limited holidays, get good employee discount.
Empresa dinâmica e agradável de trabalhar
Ser dinâmico e flexível é fundamental, por se tratar de uma grande rede de varejo que atende uma grande demanda de imigrantes, possuir mais de um idioma é completamente satisfatório. Alem de prestar seu serviço com qualidade, aprimora também sua habilidades com idiomas.
Co worker
Hours outlined are not exact and 30 hours is not permanent it's only a part time contract. Good place to work if starting of in warehouse though................................................................................
Pros
Free or cheap meals. Freindly colleagues
Cons
Might pay living wage but u can't survive on 30 hrs
Productive Environment
The logistics department is coordinated team oriented environment. It was a chance for me to practice my team working skills.
Part-Time Work Company
I have been working in this position for around 6 years and and on a 16 Hours a week contract with no chance for more contracted hours.

Place is full of great people who I will gladly call friends but how they are treated by the company is nope the best. For how hard they work they get little gratitude.
Great people, great experiences, Bad experenices, Sad to go, but needed a change from Customer service.
So much fun working with the people. great work nights out. great summer and Christmas parties.

My job was Customer Service, the Best but also hardest place to work.. the highs and chats with the customers were fun but there was the shouting and unhappy customers that experienced bad times throughout the store and i was there, to make the customers bad times in store better. Management was great, easy to talk to and approach. My most enjoyable part of the job was making the customers smiling and laughing as they went home. I learned that I need to ask for help and that there was nothing wrong with asking for it. typical day at ikea is all go go go, fast, busy and non stop until it was home time, but it was the slow days that where the worst because it seemed to drag in, it was better for every co worker if it was busy. It was a pleasure to work there
Pros
free uniform, Free christmas/summer parties, great people, most fun, open to suggestions and ideas.
Cons
hurtful customers, the arrows the customers had to follow, bad signage around the story.
work place that haven't rised a peny over a four year period, but making millions on peoples backs, one of the toughest driving and loading jobs..
typical day at work is to load the 7.5t truck with flat packs of furniture which is to handball 3t of real heavy boxes of a moving trolley of a ground ( that type of furniture loading is against manual handling and health and safety roles) the ground at the loading bay doe's be slipy in a winter tha can cause you a bad back injury.. than to deliver goods throughout Ireland which could be from 600-1000 km journeys.. coul take from 6am till 1pm following morning, which is a 19h working day between two drivers sharing driving all day.. without having a bunk bed in a lorry to rest your back and eyes of the road.. this type of overworking yourself is dangerous in general for us and other road users, cause for exaple on a way back you would be totaly wasted and tyred and you have to drive truck back after lets say 12h of hard work without any rest for your eyes or back.. which is illegal! management is very bad and total abuse of people! Breezemount int. IKEA contracters!
Pros
Cons
very long hours... to long!
busy and friendly workplace
I was happy in my workplace every day,because there would be different jobs to attend to every day. I learned how to use a trailer and to load and unload trailers,the manager was good,co workers were also my team and we always were happy working together,the hardest part of the job would have been to work on a busy weekend we as a team of five men would have to main 2,500 trollies+attend to customers needs,and i think this was the most enjoyable part because you were kept busy and i like to keep busy.
Fun yet strict environment to work in.
A typical day at work for me in IKEA would be to go in, check my floor plan as I was allocated in a different area each day, go to my assigned area and keep it clean and tidy. Make it presentable for the customers, engage with the customers surrounding me and then I would go onto the tills. In IKEA I learned the value of working as part of a team and how a job can be easier done when working with your co-workers. My co-workers in IKEA were extremely friendly and hard working and they helped me out during my time there. I don't believe there was any hard parts about the job because if there ever was anything difficult there was always someone on had to help you. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working hard but feeling as though you were doing it with your friends, not colleagues.
Pros
Cheap lunches, great atmosphere, great people.
Cons
long hours.
Graphic Design in IKEA
Didn't have a huge amount of graphic or creative work. Became experienced in using vinyl, painting walls and got a good understanding of how to keep a good communicative eye on the look and direction of the shop floor.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not enough graphic design
i loved working here and working people i get wiith everyone and even though i was only there for s ahort amount of time i made some good friends
the day to day basis involved :Production of media packs, Date entry using Oracle 11i, Running Reports and maintain spreadsheets and responsible for doing Quality checks on all production. I also did labeling and assembly of cd packs.

I really enjoyed this and followed everything they thought me to do
Pros
dealing with people and communicating
Cons
work was sometimes difficult