Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from IKEA:

IKEA Employee Reviews in Burbank, CA

Burbank, CA63 reviews
Good benefits, not full time hrs, management not its best, Ikea has changed and not for the best! It used to me so much better before. It’s an ok job to have
Managers are supportive. Friendly work environment. Flexible hours. Move up within the company. Culture is great, Ikea support all types of cultures, and celebrates.
Pays fairly, people there are friendly and supportive. Managers are helpful and nice. Always room to learn and to grow in this company. Great team work.
Good place to work. Management is critical of mistakes but very supportive when dealing with customers. I really enjoyed the provided meals and overall nice environment.
Pros
Good food, welcoming customers
Cons
Miscommunication between team members
highly recommend applying, Ikea is one of the best company's to work for. They really take care pf you as an employee, the customers are just a bit crazy when you are working the customer service part of it. Interviewing is super standard, and all the employees (especially management) are super nice and comforting.
It was a great experience to work at Ikea I wish I could go back. Great co-workers a Mason management got treated fairly great opportunity to advance.
Hard to move up once u are in management. Ypu are able to move around but very slowly. Very little movement at the top. People and coworkers are great. Overall a good place to work
I wish I could go back. This is the beast job I have ever had. And I recommend to every one that Is searching for work to give this place a try A+ would work here again.
I enjoyed working at Ikea. The only downside is that there will always be co workers who have a lot to say about you when you aren't listening. Very annoying.
A typical day is spent helping customers with their needs.

Workplace culture was great. Everyday was a reward.

Management is a reliable group.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of the IKEA drive. The workload for each person was well balanced.

The hardest part of the job was tying my shoes before arrival.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the steady flow of customers especially on the weekends.
Overall, managers give you chances and 101 talks, but there are some managers afterwards that just are “trying to do there job”. It is a nice environment to work in. Customers have a rage, and feel devoted to having it their way.
IKEA strives to create a work environment that has its employees in mind. They provide excellent benefits, great job perks, PTO, vacation time, and other benefits for their employees.
if they don't like you, they'll do what every they can to fire you. if they do like you they'll cover up mistakes to keep you until it is gonna come back on to them. it used to be a great place to work, but over the years things changed and people are constantly trying to get one another fired. if you get injured on the job, they make you wait years to be seen by doctors and force you back to work. then when you finally go out on injury they drag it on for years and then finally years later they try to buy you out and try to do so to cover up the stuff they have done. i used to love it there but after what i experienced i will never work in a store for the company again. you can't trust anyone
Employees are viewed as slaves, not people. Hours were cut when the company went bankrupt and the employees had to take the blame. Customers are literally allowed to push you and put their hands on you and security does nothing. Instead, you get in trouble for not smiling and being friendly enough causing the customer to attack you. Victim blaming is very important to Ikea.
Cons
Stress, Misery, Gaslighting, Unsafe work environment
I started working at Ikea right before they implemented O4G and I left months after O4G was in full effect and I absolutely hated it.

Because of the new work structure, more than half of the people I was hired on with quit. The new work structure no longer worked with a lot of peoples restricted schedules and conflicted with school and although our personal managers tried to work around the O4G scheduling, it because too much for some to handle.

I was working as a cashier when I was originally hired and by the time that I quit, a yea later, I was fully trained in front line, returns, home delivery, furniture pickup, and as a runner but was getting paid when the cashiers were getting paid which was $2-$3 less than those who were hired in the returns or home delivery department. When I asked for a raise, I was denied one but was still asked to work in the other departments doing just as much work as them for less pay.
A day as an inventory specialist bases on re-counts, investigations, filing, scanning and reporting the different areas of the store for any discrepancies and possible issues.

Great benefits, PTO, sick time and all other type of leaves that can be paid for.
Customers are a drag, management doesnt always back up their policies which makes the customer service employee look like a jerk.
Company is great with diversity and cultural awareness but doesnt pay employee well. New Employees get paid more than employee who have been there longer and know more departments.
Good job, slightly above average pay and great benefits. Company has changed that has made it harder for those within to grow. A lot of micromanaging.
Have been working with ikea for 1 year, employees have not been valued for there work. Managers have little to no position to enforce ikea procedures and and typical concern from customers were ikea's managers lack of attention. Working for returns department is the most stressful postion due to being in charge of 4 differnt sections for minimun wage. No raises or year benefits!
Cons
Lack of manageral support. Inconsistency with company policies.
Never bored, fast paced and the hardest part were the customers. Managers were great except with the exception of few who were more likely to display favoritism.
An Okay place if you need a job, I can say the benefits are great but the hourly wage not so great. Management has their favorites, and does not care for the employees.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Poor management