Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from IKEA:

IKEA Employee Reviews in Canton, MI

Canton, MI54 reviews
Some people make a career of it, I wouldn't. You arnt a real person to most people who walk threw, and you will get treated accordingly. Not enough pay for what you are expected to do, get thrown around the store
Pros
Cheep lunches
Cons
Understaffed, stressed, people shove thonhs at you Nd exspect you to know what to do
I love working there, mostly because of my coworkers, I like most of my leaders and I feel embraced at Ikea. Everyone works as a team and we were proud of being there. Best food, different options, 3 dollars meal . It was great don’t need to worry about bring my lunch from home. I will miss them a lot!
Pros
Best food, people, work place
Cons
Lack of consistency in your hours, hard to have to stand your whole shift.
Allow me to break my experience at IKEA down into the following categories.

The Pay and Benefits: The pay is fairly average for the type of job it falls under, starting at $13.10 an hour. My pay is fairly higher than the minimum due to my specialist position but I definitely work for that extra money. The benefits are great for a "part-time" job (I'll go more into that later) but you have to pay a fair amount out of pocket for decent coverage. Bonuses are non-existent and you get a yearly gift around Christmas time and a holiday party.

Work/Life Balance: This is my biggest complaint about the workplace. I entered the company as a part-timer (20-34 hours per week) but quickly learned that most weeks will comprise of 30+ hours and many times pushing past the 34 hour cap. This was especially prevalent since IKEA opened back up after the COVID-19 quarantine and I've been scheduled 5-6 days a week nearing 40 hours a week with very little flexibility. I've even attempted to inform management to stop giving me more than 34 hours a week and was given a "sorry but no" response despite being told that isn't allowed. Also, the schedules are extremely wild and unpredictable as your availability has very little flexibility and can jump from early morning shifts to late night shifts and heavily intrudes in your free time. Many of these issues would not apply to people that would take as many hours as they please and don't mind the erratic schedules. Overall, I would not recommend working here for students or people that prefer a more organized schedule.

Job Security/Advancement: I haven't
 - more...
Pros
Friendly coworkers, Laid back environment
Cons
Short breaks, Poor work/life balance, Management, Extreme disorganization
Excellent place to work. Great Benifits, vacation time, family oriented, optional transfers if needed. Help in developing the co-workers as they move up or laterally.
Love this job different then any retail. Every other Saturday of is the best part to enjoy your weekend. Request time off. Benefits, vacation time and holiday pay.
My experience with this company was very poor for the most part. The customers and some of my own coworkers were very racist to not only people of my race, but to people of Asian and Middle Eastern descent as well. The managers gossiped about the coworkers and would be upset about helping us whenever we had issues with customers or even simple questions about work policies or procedures. I would not work here again.
Nobody knows what their actual job is. No pride in your work or workplace since a dibilitating reorganization a few years ago. Run don't walk to anyplace else.
It was an ok place to be employed. Very good benefits but some of the managers would show up late or not participate in actual work. It became frustrating to work for them towards the end.
It was a pretty great place to work overall with managers actually caring enough to help you out and coworkers assisting each other when needed. The hardest part was sometimes dealing with rude people who waited too long in a line or people who couldn't speak enough English to understand what you were saying to them.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IKEA?
For such a large international + BUSY company its surprising they pay min wage ($9.) This place is great if you dont have any bills or responsibilities
I was brought in to do sales in the textiles department before they changed the job structure around. The team I worked with and the management I was under was all wonderful

Although at times it can be slow and you struggle to find things to keep yourself busy in sales the coworkers were always very friendly and all around great people.
Pros
Coworkers, Managers, Benefits, Environment, Discounts, Job Advancement
Cons
Slow at times.
It was great before the change which wouldn’t effect anyone new coming in. The benefits were the best part about working there. The coworkers are great management don’t really mange and leaders don’t quite lead and room for growth isn’t there. But the benefits are great
Benefits
Cons
Leadership worklifte
Ikea is a very busy retail space with a overall positive work enviroment and good benefits. maintaining and projecting a positve attitude is required to succeed
Overall, good place to work with good company culture. Managers follow company policies and work well with customers and employees alike. Working at IKEA in customer service allowed expertise in many areas of the store.
Pros
Free lunches, health insurance benefits
Good Benefits, pay is good. gives you as much hours as needed, dealing with different attitudes most are snobby. career advancement don't even think about it.
Pros
pays good
Cons
Poor attitudes & needs more hours
a typical day was to get the pallets ready for daily delivery
Logistics and customer service

the work culture was great very work life / Family life balance

dealing with the Public was the hardest thing.

the most enjoyable was the public as well
everyday was a mess the managers were so rude. they do not care about the coworkers they are constantly hiring in new people because they do not know how to manage and work with anyone
Pros
Cons
avoid the job
Felt dorky with required shirts to wear
Had to do so much at front end cashier area

Scheduled shift time fit into my availability

Private cafe area for workers
Nice company
I would go to work and everyone would greet me which was nice. I enjoy working with caring and energetic people. My manager would always be straight forward with what to do which was also nice.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Not many
job can be fun but gets busy.
managers a rarely seen

hours get cut without warning

pay is alright should be higher for the work we do as a team

but over all its a great place to work
Working at Ikea was like any other retail job with the exception of the number of customers. Being the only Ikea in Michigan, the store is slammed during weekends, holidays, and sale specials. Management is accommodating especially with requesting days off. Hours vary depending on your availability. I wouldn't recommend working here if you have a short fuse, because the store is so big and unique some customers become irritated quickly trying to locate specific items.
Pros
Awesome employee accomidations
Cons
Short breaks, super busy