Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from IKEA:

IKEA Employee Reviews in Costa Mesa, CA

Costa Mesa, CA45 reviews
Great place to work at, a lot of career advancement opportunities. Work hard and be rewarded. It is retail, so be ready to work weekends and nights...
Its retail, so, you'll hate that part but if you're looking for a team to support you and actively make sure you are comfortable, this is the job. They believe in working together but also beyond work that you have a life. They will work with you to achieve that work/life balance.
Pros
Insurance, employee discounts, $3 lunches, free stuff, pto
Cons
Constant changes in policies
I worked for this company for seven years. My last two years I worked for a boss who was an absolute sociopath, She was a liar and a manipulator with no moral compass. In addition, It’s imperative to know and understand that human resources is not there to support you or help you, it is solely there to protect the interest of the company do not trust them they are not your friends and they are most certainly not your allies. If you work here be sure to guard yourself because no one is on your side they will eat you alive and grind your bone for future filler
Pros
You can earn a paycheck.
Cons
The company does not care about you.
This would hands down one of my favorite jobs. Everyone is so willing to help and always looking for an opportunity to teach. I learned something new every since day from management other co-workers and even customers.
Job is amazing, always willing to work with you and your schedule. they turn out to be a huge family. Everyone is so caring,. thoughtful and very helpful when needing a helping hand.
*greeted customers
*learned about our innovating product

*learned about new ways of becoming a innovating store

*made customers feel welcomed

*Family friendly environment

*hardest part of job some customers might not be so friendly

*fun coworkers
Pros
Free lunches, bonuses, gatherings, overtime
Cons
None, everything is great!
Great place to work at co workers are great, management is nice, and pay is above minimum wage. Environment is fun, straight forward and easy to maintain.
ikea is a fun place to work at. the days fly by because it is always so busy. I never was doing the same thing which made it fun for me because I did something different every day
It was lot of fun, the people was very nice also.I learned a lot of things there as well. I would plan out kitchens plus work in customer service for a while also
they definitely put the employees first & care about the cost of living. always able to pick up additional hrs. and they are always looking to promote within.
Ikea was my weekend job so I was only there part time.My job included stocking, price checks, doing, go backs, and helping customers. I really enjoyed my time at Ikea and would highly recommend applying to anyone. Especially at the Cost Mesa store in California.
A typical day is very busy and sometimes stressful. We feed hundreds of people very day so you can imagine the work load and demands. It is rewarding when the team is well organized and focused. The time passes quickly and the customers are ultimately impressed with our speed and efficiency.

Cleanliness is a must and we strive to keep our work and customer areas clean as much as possible. We also know the importance of customer satisfaction and strive to maintain a culture where both the customer is happy with our service and makes it a point to return to our store again and again. They are the backbone of our success.
Pros
Clean lunch room and very friendly culture
Cons
Na
I've been with IKEA for about a year and half and love the company. Management is great and they really help push employees to advance within the company. Great culture and values.
Pros
Management, pay, vacation days
Ikea is a great company to work for. They are invested in making sure that their employees have all of the skills that are necessary to thrive in the company.
The only thing about IKEA that I will say is that I made a lot of friends. Most of the time it eas fun to work with them. Most managers were pretty good.
Pros
Sometimes on busy days, we would get free lunches.
Cons
No Christmas party this year due to budget cuts.
Ikea had a temporary call center at their costa mesa store. "Oh well, that's the way Ikea does it' was the answer to questions regarding ineffective policies or procedures. Word to the wise, NEVER arrange for an Ikea delivery. All deliveries are routed through a third party. I took 85 calls a day dealing with delivery problems. They were all avoidable if Ikea wanted to be more proactive informing customers of 'soft dates' for arrival. Ike is concerned about maintaining a retail brick and mortar presence. Constantly misleading your customers is a good way to lose your stores. Even the most casual of internet searches will reveal profoundly negative experiences people have with Ikea delivery. Don't ever do it. The support staff at the call center had a few good subject matter experts. Seventy percent of the support staff needed basic call center conduct training. The would have loud conversations, regarding personal matters so close to a representative that the customer would comment on what they heard. Coaching was really hit and miss depending on person. Over all, their coaching and development skills were about 20 years behind the curve.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Support Staff weak
Fun environment to work in. Coworkers and managers are nice and offer great help. Very structured work environment. Hardest part of the job is dealing with escalated customers.
Pros
free coffee and tea.
Cons
sitting down most of the day
Ikea is a work place that is hard to pin down while it is a very good company to work for it comes down to whether or not you are liked. If you kick it off with the managers and com in then you are set more than likely you will have career opportunities but if for some reason you aren’t liked well then you will not be advancing any time soon they play favorites.
Pros
Discounts, benefits, insurance
Cons
Workplace politics
customer service has its perks. work environment is as productive as it can be . there are good days and bad days when it comes to rude customers. workers in the back do their best at their job while I handle impatient and rude customers with a calm demeanor.
Pros
paid well
Cons
not enough hours
IKEA is definitely accommodating when it comes to working with school schedule. They want you to succeed inside and outside of the company. Work really well to make you comfortable when your start working. Provided tons of training to allow moving up within company. Friendly work environment. Very busy during weekends, Holidays. Stressful handling customer service.
Pros
$3 Dollar Lunch, Pto, Sick Time, Insurance
Cons
Stressful at times
The job pays very well for sitting and watching kids. It gets boring sometimes when you're just sitting there for a long period at a time. It goes by fast when checking kids in and out and doing other tasks that need to be done. It can be hard to get time off at it is really competitive with other co-workers and you aren't allowed to switch shifts.