How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

IKEA Employee Reviews in Covina, CA

Covina, CA39 reviews
Have been employed for a few years and can see why some employees have been with the company for a long time, however, I can also see why some wish to leave after a period of time. The job can become redundant and coworkers become dependent on others to pick up the slack. While managers are present they don't work nearly enough by coworkers and simply talk for a majority of the time spent on the work floor. Overall easy work to pay ratio for the job done but definitely not somewhere you'd want to be forever.
Pros
Comfy job, easy work nice pay
Cons
repetitive, lack of purpose
I worked in the bistro many years ago. The food department at that time wasn't fully developed to sync with the rest of the store (i.e. not accepting gift clubs).

If your manager isn't very smart, it will affect you. Trust me.

The company has an amazing culture for its employees (we were all called co-workers). Every Christmas, we were given gifts. One year we had tablets and another year we were given Toms gift cards. Every now and then the company would give us other things such as bottles or sustainable light bulbs.

I was only a part time employee but still received benefits such as paid time off, sick days, etc. Benefits were determined by the hour levels worked weekly (<20 hrs, 20-32, 32-40). In California, upon separation your benefits will be reimbursed to you.

The worst part about the company was dealing with extremely rude customers or lazy co-workers.
Pros
benefits, 15% discount
Cons
rude customers, sometimes things weren't in writing
If you want to advance and be compensated for your worth (time, effort, and knowledge), LEAVE!

At IKEA, they want you to be pioneers (think and act like leaders), but they will not compensate you for what you are worth. They will just simply drag you out with corporate culture obstacles (at retail level).

There is a HUGE wage gap between hourly and exempt employees.

It can take years or decades before you are given "full-time" hours. It can take just as long for career advancement as well.

At first you buy in to the whole culture , after a few weeks or months, you see what the company for what it is. A rank and file system.
Pros
Flexible with school schedule
Cons
Compensation, benefits, management, career advancement
The company has changed, not what it use to be. The coworkers are very friendly. Hours have been cut so get complaints from customers about how they can't find anyone.
Cons
cutting down on hours a lot
A typical day at work was quite slow. you would arrive and start the morning procedures, check all inventory prep any arrangements you needed for the day. the store would open then you would have to maintain a clean workspace and work diligently. wait for the next person to come in a relieve you for lunch or break.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Loved working here, great culture, and great opportunities. I was amazed at how quickly I was able to move up in the ranks in my starting here. They treat their employees really wel here.
Pros
Inexpensive meals, great benefits, multiple departments
Cons
Constant changes in scheduling and store organization placement
IKEA is great working environment. With great opportunities to move up. With great benefits and fair pay. Benefits include vision, dental, and health.
Every day is something new, only because if you know enough they will send you everywhere to cover or help. I can expect to be in a handful of departments in any given day because with uncoordinated scheduling comes scarcity and no coverage in some departments. Management has gone down the drain and is a joke. Environment can sometimes feel like high school, this place is its only little world.
Hardest part is being required to know how to do everything in the store without being paid what is deserved. Most enjoyable is the coworkers: when you find the good people it does feel like family when you can relate to job related issues and what not. I would say if you have that " a job is a job" mentality then this is the place for you.
Pros
Free lunch on projected busy weekends, anniversaries or holidays they'll give a gift
Cons
Poor management, high expectations for low pay, uniform terrible color/quality
good benefits

good training

rewards for good work

fun good people

job advancement opportunities
IKEA is a very diverse and fast growing company that is great to start off at because the benefits are great. they are very team oriented and are focused on making sure their employees are knowledgeable about product and customer service.
high paced place to work, can be stressful but the company is great. The workers there are very nice and the food isn't half bad. They also provide really good benefits as well.
A typical day as an active seller is finding and giving knowledge to the customers desired product. I've learned many furniture assemblies and textile knowledge enough to suggest various products. The hardest part of my job is trying to explain to the customer that sometimes stock inventory is no accurate due to how busy we are or inventory issues. I enjoy working with my team because you can always count on someone you'll never feel alone or scared to ask questions to management or ask for help.
Great company however they lack a lot of opportunities for their veteran coworkers. The room for advancement and growth are very limited unless you are willing to relocate
Working at IKEA is great depending on what job title you have. My job title had 10x's the work as others in the store but those other positions got paid more than me. I had been there for 4 and half years and I was getting paid less than new hires who just started and they did much less and had much less knowledge.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Small room for advancement
This was a great job while I was going to school. However job advancement often seemed out of reach regardless of pursuit. I loved my job and working as part of a team, but after a while it seemed as if I reached a dead end.
Pros
Pto, Flexible hours
Cons
management.
Great job culture, some down time on weekdays, fast paced on weekends, manageable stress, friendly coworkers, a mix of great customers/ and stressful customers.
Pros
Paid Time off, sick time, free lunches on busy weekends
Cons
hours get cut, no commission of sales
Ikea is a great company to work for and has many benefits. I would recommend this company to anyone however Ikea does have some issues with management.
Provides decent pay with great benefits for those who even just work part-time. Fast paced and always evolving, the IKEA culture focuses on developing its coworkers in an ever changing retail environment.
Assisting customers with product information an directions. Learn a lot about how to drive sales and how to move product without having to mark down prices, work more efficiently.
Pros
Health care benefits, paid vacation time, sick time
Cons
Not a lot of floor coverage
Awesome work place. I miss it a lot and cant wait to work for them again in the future if fate always it. Great competitive pay and benefits with a work life balanced environment.
This is a wonderful place to work with great benefits. Be warned they will schedule you for way more hours you're supposed to and not pay overtime unless you've been working a ridiculous amount. Extremely fast-paced job none of the work their is easy. Almost everyone is nice the pay is great.
Pros
beautiful breakroom, friendly associates, offer training, advancement friendly
Cons
the bad associates will have you going home crying, overworked