Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from IKEA:

IKEA Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Houston, TX62 reviews
Great job for any student, the company was willing to work with my changing schedule . Great group of managers and coworkers. The company has a family
friendly environment good place to start your first job.
There is a lot to learn at IKEA so one will never know everything there is to know. . Most managers are very supportive which will ease any difficulties that arise. Customers can get irritated very easily when they can't find their way around the store.
Pros
free lunch, okay discount, the benefits, Paid time off, flexible schedule
Cons
super busy weekends, not much room to advance, pay is not that great
In Houston they only hire white people or anyone not black and especially if you have experience for the position doesn’t it matter don’t apply if you’re black!!
Pros
I didn’t get hired!
Cons
Racism
Ikea acts like they are wonderful to work for. This is true for some departments. The day shifts are great I have heard but the Prep and flow team is treated like garbage and they work the hardest. In my time of working in the prep and flow department i found only 4 out of over 50 prep and flow worker to be white. Plus the ladies that didn't speak english very well got paid less until i said something. Also the departments do not have the same rules. For example, the sales team was allowed a lot more call ins and they were allowed to submit less PTO and sick time to cover a whole day. Also no department in ikea has an hourly quota except prep and flow. They do not make it easy to switch Departments. basically every department besides prep and flow is nice to work for.
Pros
Pto, sick time, holiday pay.
Cons
short breaks, leaders and managers don't care.
Slow advancement no good organization with young people that don't care about a clean environment. Little time to take breaks with bad management. The warehouse is poorly arranged with oversized products in the racks.
This company is a great place to work. It is retail so the hours are not always family friendly. The management is overall good to work for. If you show that you want to exceed in the company, they will help you.
I love working here, all coworkers are enjoyable and if there's ever an issue it doesn't last long due to the great communication. I've learned lots of team building and trust with coworkers, there is a special bond I hold with everyone even the coworkers that I don't get along with well.
The atmosphere of the job was really great. The Coworkers are great to be around especially if I needed any help. The pay could have been more especially for the work Product Quality does, but it was an overall great place to work as a college student.
Poor and unprofessional management.
Ikea offer good benefits but minimal pay rates. Ikea is the best place to work if you need a good health benefits.

Use to be great company to work but not anymore. Big change happened after

reorganization 2017.
The only things I did not like were the lack of training and the constant changing schedule. The team is great, and the management is always approachable.
Operating with a team and team leaders to restock medium to large furniture using forklifts and powerjacks.

Unloading of trucks begins around midnight using forklifts and 2am begins the manually restocking of individual inventory units.
once the owners died, the company took a corporate approach and started laying off/ relocating experience managers and co-workers and replaced them with lower wage rookies,
As Cashier it was fun working with employee and helping customer and learn a lot of ways of dealing with new idem and having to know how to set- up Banner Sign changing sale price.
Pros
10 min break
Cons
30 lunch break
Ikea is a great company with great opportunities and benefits. The starting pay could be better, but if you stay with the company for some time there will be opportunities to make more money.
Ikea doesnt care about the employees or any personal issues their employees may be going through all they care about is you being there and if you can't be there then you'd better be dying.
I enjoyed working there. Everyone is helpful and nice. The only reason I left was because the working hours didn't work out well with my family life..
Challenging place to work at but management is very supportive and provides co-workers the resources they need to succeed. They work with you to resolve schedule conflicts and there is excellent work life balance.
Pros
Employee discount
While working for ikea i received decent pay considering my hours and amount of labor. The store is often busy but you receive a good amount of breaks and receive good benefits overall.
• Ensuring my team creates excellence in availability, range and space management, forecasting and ordering to achieve agreed on shelf availability levels at the lowest possible total logistical cost.
• Working closely with logistics and sales, using your commercial approach, balancing range, space & availability and implement new developments and best practice to meet our customer needs.

• Monitor that the agreed range is offered and stocked in store and properly administered to maximize availability for our customers.
Working at ikea wasn't that great it was no real training, no advancements, and the pay was really horrible. But I love the store and all the different things that I did learn about on my free time.
Forklift certified, picking up orders and delivery, fast pace environment, driving ordering materials, shipping and receiving, various orders. Supervised staff.