Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from IKEA:

IKEA Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Sales Associate208 reviews
My work day starts at 8 am most days, so i have to be there by 7am. I worked In the Kitchen show rooms section in IKEA bally-mun Dublin located on the second floor. Work place culture was fast and rapid, the hardest part of the job is 310's and 390's while serving the customer at almost the same time. The atmosphere was great and relaxed, all required facilities where there, and the most amazing thing about the job was the low staff cost cafeteria that was always less that 3 euros to eat a comfortable meal. As a sale assistant, i handled customer introductions about various products and eased there shopping experience, in addition coupled with regular rounds of the shop floor to make sure everything is to standard .
Pros
Free lunch and cheap lunch!
Cons
Min minuites
Overall, a good experience.I made some friends and you get treated well as an employee.Some perks involved.

The customers are the thing that drove me away from working there.Very rude and impatient customers.

Worth working there ,if you have the patience.
Pros
Treated well as an employee
Cons
Hours are everywhere and rude/annoying customers
Hej ,
The HR team is so great , fun working environment and always got to learn something new everyday . Keen to know more and discover about IKEA culture and getting more opportunities!
Pros
Best price for meals
Cons
Time
I loved working at IKEA, the system in place is designed for you to grow if you desire. Atmosphere is incredible and I would go back any day if I needed to.
Pros
Free stuff here and there, employee discount, insurance available first day of work.
It was great to work in ikea . I learned so many thing from there .Mostly I love my HR team they are so positive and hardworking. They help me to develop my skill as a sale associate.
I spent nearly 5 years with Ikea. I feel I have nothing to show for the immense efforts I've put in unfortunately. We were subject to discriminatory behavior in regards to hiring. There was no diversity and to put it lightly, the people who were hired did not belong in their position whatsoever and were chosen because of the color of their skin. I moved up from a temp to a full time worker in 3 years time with no compensation for the new positions I attained, ever. In five years, I had roughly 4 positions, with increasing responsibilities and was never compensated. I only received raises at the end of the fiscal year when everyone else received a poor excuse of raise. I tried very hard to master everything I worked on, working towards a new position. After we saw the detrimental impact from Covid-19 to the business I realized how little the company cared about it's employees and decided my time with them was over. I cannot in good morality recommend this place of work to anyone.
Pros
generous benefits
Cons
Poor management, discriminatory behavior
I personally loved working at IKEA. I worked there for about 4 months last summer. I think that the only drawback was that I had almost full-time hours even though I was a part-timer. They capped it at like 39 just so it wasn't considered full-time, but, let's face it, that's basically full-time. Other than that, I made really good friendships and found it exciting and fun to work there. The culture is unmatched. Because IKEA employs individuals of all ages, it was really easy to find people to get along with and overall felt like being part of a big family. I will say though, that the weekends and peak days were extremely stressful. Mind you this was the summer before COVID-19, so there were no social distancing rules in place and the place was PACKED with people almost every single day, most of whom were eager to find their items and didn't care too much for being nice to the workers. If fast-paced situations stress you out, this isn't the job for you. But even through the stressful times, I always look back on my experience there though sentimental glasses. Oh and $4 lunches daily if you wanted it. So that was a plus.
Pros
Respectful environment
Cons
Long hours of manual labour
Work environment is fine. People that worked there were friendly. The systems were a bit dated and that could occasionally cause the work to be a bit difficult. Once you get the hang of it, you will do well.
Company practices work/life balance. They value honesty and transparency, you can discuss a concern with HR and it will be handled professionally. They do expect you to be honest and professional in return, there is a supportive atmosphere for everyone.
No workload
Respects each and every type of ideas, people and no racism at all.

This is the best part of ikea and they contribute a lot to earths environment with clean and green initiative.
Its a nice job to start out at. Cashiers are only cashiers, so its a nice place to get your bearings working with cash and checking out customers. The company prioritizes sustainability and recycles all uniforms as well.
A great culture that is customer-centric as well as worker-centric. You get out what you put in. They are a Swedish company, and overall that adds up to a positive work experience.
This would hands down one of my favorite jobs. Everyone is so willing to help and always looking for an opportunity to teach. I learned something new every since day from management other co-workers and even customers.
I loved working at IKEA. It was a great environment and I loved the staff. Management just showed a poor side to the culture and vision of IKEA by abusing their power.
Check stock, clean department, serve customers, take payment arrange deliveries, build display furniture. The management are ok, more concerned about their performance than the workers in their department.
Pros
Discount on food.
Cons
Late finishes, poor worklife balance, always having to work weekends 3 from 4, management not so many.
Very fun with everyone helps each other even though they were not from your department. Exposed to a different area of my expertise. The culture was good.
The work is physically demanding, including a great deal of customer interaction and inventory organization. You learn to build customer service essentials while also gaining great organizational skills
I thought ikea was a very fair and engaging work place, it alway felt like home and it was easy to pick things up. The management was great. Hours to work where always flexible.
Pros
co worker benefits such as our own coworker meals and parties
Cons
the very busy days
One word of warning:
They dont tell you benefits dont kick in until 3 months in until AFTER you've chosen to work 30 hours for your seasonal position.

Otherwise, a good environment and a great first job option. Cant beat $3 employee meals either.
IKEA is great at keeping there employees in the loop, by holding daily sales meetings and also by involving you in department decisions. They also have awesome benefits.
Work in shift with two days leaves a week. Greets and helps customers with a positively manner. Learned a lot about working in a group especially during the commercial built up. It is a great workplace with great work cultures and values. Always envy the togetherness values. The most fun parts is when the daily budget is hit and when the customers are happy.