Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from IKEA:

IKEA Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Sales Representative224 reviews
Wage seems good at first but staff are over worked. The money is not worth the stress this job causes most people. The main reason people stay in IKEA is because the workforce is so large (650) so you are bound to make a group of really close friends. Unfortunately that is the only positive that sticks out in my mind for Ikea. I was there for 7 years, a lot of people leave after 2. Management does not use the internal interview process fairly so good luck moving up in the company unless you are friends with the right managers or you are sleeping with one if them.
Most people start off on a 20 hour contract, they will stretch that across 5 days mostly evenings and weekends

If you are looking for a career with opportunities and options avoid IKEA.
There is a lot to learn at IKEA so one will never know everything there is to know. . Most managers are very supportive which will ease any difficulties that arise. Customers can get irritated very easily when they can't find their way around the store.
Pros
free lunch, okay discount, the benefits, Paid time off, flexible schedule
Cons
super busy weekends, not much room to advance, pay is not that great
There is a genuine culture of respect and fairness within the company. All employees are treated equally regardless of position. A great rate of pay and heavily discounted lunch, as little as 50p for hot lunch. Honestly couldnt ask for a better place to work for.
I was hired during their busiest season, when the new product catalog came out in summer. I never felt overwhelmed. The management was really supportive. My manager and my team lead didn't hesitant to help and train me. IKEA has a really strong culture. They really took a good care of their employees.
Pros
Free lunches during busy season, employee training, career advancement
Cons
low pay
I worked in self-serve warehouse (sales). The tasks are fairly simple, yet very repetitive. The job can be very demanding and exhausting, especially on peak sales days. You are constantly on your feet moving around and lifting boxes, as well as helping customers find their desired products. Teamwork is essential in order to keep everything under control, so you must be able to communicate and work well with others. From working over a year in this department, I learned a lot about time management, working under pressure and being dependable for my team. It was an extremely valuable experience.

The management in self-serve is amazing. Extremely reasonable, compassionate and flexible with hours (which is very helpful for students). The employees (throughout the whole store) are overall genuinely nice and hard-working.

IKEA is a great company to work for because they truly care about their employees. No matter which department you apply for, it is definitely worth putting in an application.
Pros
Clean & modern staff quarters, great management, great people, great benefits, employee discount, flexible scheduling
Cons
Long hours, constant movement, repetitive and exhausting tasks, stressful.
Upper management has no idea of what the store as a whole requires as far as setting goals. No communication all over the place. New management in place the last year based on hiring of friends instead of best candidate . This use to be a very productive and happy atmosphere to work in, no more. Had to go. Very stressful and unhappy environment.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of clear communication and planning.
I am a former IKEA coworker who has been in the company just over 10 years. I've worked as a cashier and sales (market hall & showroom). Over the years, I've seen the stages of changes. And I must say, unfortunately, the spirit of the store is going lower and lower.

At the beginning of my IKEA journey, the management has been great - they were understanding and somewhat informative. The store keeps you up to date how the store is. But being as a cashier 4 years, due to retail environment, it was difficult to have a work-life balance. But one thing I must say is the cash dept is really close to one and another. The cashier family culture was top notch - i miss that dearly.

For the rest of the years as sales, you learn a lot of skills such as how behind the scene is, how to deal with customer situations - the people skills. Sales coworkers who are on the floor with other depts are mostly good and very helpful to one another. Unfortunately, managements are favoritism. I was given hopes to advancement within the dept, but none has happened over the year; hence, more and more coworkers has left the company. As such, my motivation to work has declined more and more over the years.

I would say overall, it is a great company to start - great benefits, great people, great food. IKEA is a great stepping stone to start your job as retail and may branch off to somewhere else (IKEA looks great on resume). But in a long run, I would say current management has a lot of damage control to take care of...

All in all, customers/friends asked me why did I stayed at IKEA for so long,
 - more...
Pros
$4 lunch, great people, great benefit
Cons
no work-life balance, management needs to be improved
The most respectful environnement for workers and customers! You will definitly feel good, respected and rewarded in your job! Best place I've ever worked in, with beautiful values!
Perfect place to grow up in retail field. Give you the opportunity to know the business and work in a collaborative working environment where you can give your ideas and be yourself.
All workers are payed and treated fairly. Everyone is so welcoming and kind. I highly recommend working here. With such a relaxed environment, with such understanding co workers.
IKEA's brand purpose is to create a better everyday life for the many people. Their business supports this purpose by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
What a miserable excuse for a job. Bulling is popular amongst management and staff conditions are very poor. Always understaffed and overworked. Wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone...
I loved working here. The only negative are certain managers. Mine was toxic, protected by HR, and wasn't competent. The job was more difficult than it needed to be in regards to stock levels and work load. This negatively affects sales and creates disappointed customers every day. Those that lack the values and work ethic make it unfair to others. Shopkeeper had poor reputation.
Most of the new managers are new (outside) hires and do not understand or care about the IKEA values and the welfare of what makes the company functional; the employees. IKEA is very adamant about work-life balance and while they say every chance they get that they try so hard for a good work-life balance - NONE OF THE MANAGERS CAN SCHEDULE FOR IT!!! Management isn't given enough hours to schedule people so the is little to no floor coverage at all times which puts extra stress on the coworkers. Most of the coworkers are absolutely lovely and really nice people..!
Very good organization and need to interest for learning, some physical works.Can change department. Most of the opennings are part time.I enjoyed my work in IKEA.
Good hourly rate, much better than the minimum wage. There is a disconnect between departments so it can be hard to make friends. There seems to be a high turnover of staff and I'm not sure if this is because they employ a lot of students or if it has anything to do with the shift system, which is fairly inflexible. Rotas given out 4 weeks in advance, holidays must be booked a year in advance.
A great place to work. It is a very fast-paced environment so if you like to be busy, this is the place for you. Management is very supportive at the atmosphere is great. The company not only talks the talk but walks the walk. Had to leave due to medical issues.
Large workplace means lots of opportunities to make friends. Working with awesome people makes this a great place to work
Busy fast-paced environment. There is never a boring day.

Long opening hours means lots of opportunities for shifts for those with flexible working hours. However, the working hours can also be unfriendly for family and social life.
Great job training, supportive staff & co workers. A great work culture.
Flexible, & competitive pay & nice benefits package. If you want to work retail.. this is the place.
Management is horrendous at IKEA They are so disorganised and are only out for themselves and as much as they say they look after employees they lie. Work-life balance is also terrible No contracted days meaning you can’t organise anything in advance of a week as the rota comes out a week before
Pros
Salary
Cons
I enjoy working with the customers, making work varied and enjoyable. The best part of the job.

The company has great values but some people do not live up to them. Management are in the whole good.