Here to help: Coronavirus update

IKEA Management reviews

Ireland38 reviews
busy
I enjoy the work itself as a kitchen planner. I am always kept busy and can really work on my creativity. everyone in Ikea is very friendly but it is a really busy store and i feel that sometimes there can be more done for their staff.
Cons
management are not great.
Good for a short term job. Environment is too toxic for a long term career. Very positive workforce full of nice people. Management are very entitled
Wage seems good at first but staff are over worked. The money is not worth the stress this job causes most people. The main reason people stay in IKEA is because the workforce is so large (650) so you are bound to make a group of really close friends. Unfortunately that is the only positive that sticks out in my mind for Ikea. I was there for 7 years, a lot of people leave after 2. Management does not use the internal interview process fairly so good luck moving up in the company unless you are friends with the right managers or you are sleeping with one if them.
Most people start off on a 20 hour contract, they will stretch that across 5 days mostly evenings and weekends

If you are looking for a career with opportunities and options avoid IKEA.
Bad management, stressful environment
Cult environment, horrible place to work. Constant pressure and demands to meet targets from management while they sit in the canteen or swan about chatting, most of them not qualified to do the job at hand.
Over worked and under paid while constantly being told it's a great place to work.
Some great people here but the upper management are bullies
I worked here for several years and made some friends I'll have for life but the upper management contain some of the most truly toxic and horrible people i have ever met. Being called "stupid" and an "idiot" is common place by one member in particular who holds a lot of sway in the sales side of the business. I've lost many a nights sleep worrying about what the next days work held in store for me. It's so bad that anyone who has worked in Ikea Dublin knows exactly who I'm talking about.
Pros
6 weeks holidays and lots of training
Cons
Toxic management, low pay
Very productive and atmosphere in work is nice
Day in work as inventory co - worker is very busy.
I have learned how to check each transaction on product, that all movement on product is correct and all transaction registered correct.

Management are good
In work very importance is team work.
The hardest part of the job that you have to make decision and written off money because product was missing.

The most enjoyable part of the job while you found missing stock.
Pros
cheap meal
Bullying culture
Ikea dublin is full of great co workers who keep the place ticking over the managers on the other hand are rude condescending lazy bullies who spend all day sitting in the office or canteen senior management are so out of touch they have no clue wats really going on at grass roots .Wouldn't recommend it as a work place they like to break people no respect or acknowledgement.
Pros
Worked night shifts in a high volume logistics operation.
Management where approachable.
Employees where important to management

Worked to strict deadlines
Yes and No
IKEA as a whole is a great company to work for. However IKEA Dublin is run very differently from most other IKEAs. This is its downfall. Immensely understaffed, but will not hire more staff to achieve tertial budgets. You will also be expected to work til ten o clock at night and over. You have no influence in your position. Due to the recession in Ireland many over educated people ended up working in IKEA. This lead to progression being near impossible. If we were to compare this to the other stores in the UK, the floor staff are generally students, and management are those with a higher education. This is not the case in IKEA Dublin. They abuse their staff , cut corners where possible. Your direct managers are generally great because they are in the same stressful position as you, but higher management will have no time for you, or the reality of the stores condition. You cannot progress despite how much training you are given, because that means they would have to replace you and become even more understaffed.I would not recommend working in IKEA Dublin. I would recommend working in another IKEA store.
Pros
You learn to deal with the most difficult people.
Cons
Long hours, unfair wages, no chance to progress
Great people, great experiences, Bad experenices, Sad to go, but needed a change from Customer service.
So much fun working with the people. great work nights out. great summer and Christmas parties.

My job was Customer Service, the Best but also hardest place to work.. the highs and chats with the customers were fun but there was the shouting and unhappy customers that experienced bad times throughout the store and i was there, to make the customers bad times in store better.
Management was great, easy to talk to and approach. My most enjoyable part of the job was making the customers smiling and laughing as they went home. I learned that I need to ask for help and that there was nothing wrong with asking for it. typical day at ikea is all go go go, fast, busy and non stop until it was home time, but it was the slow days that where the worst because it seemed to drag in, it was better for every co worker if it was busy. It was a pleasure to work there
Pros
free uniform, Free christmas/summer parties, great people, most fun, open to suggestions and ideas.
Cons
hurtful customers, the arrows the customers had to follow, bad signage around the story.
work place that haven't rised a peny over a four year period, but making millions on peoples backs, one of the toughest driving and loading jobs..
typical day at work is to load the 7.5t truck with flat packs of furniture which is to handball 3t of real heavy boxes of a moving trolley of a ground ( that type of furniture loading is against manual handling and health and safety roles) the ground at the loading bay doe's be slipy in a winter tha can cause you a bad back injury.. than to deliver goods throughout Ireland which could be from 600-1000 km journeys.. coul take from 6am till 1pm following morning, which is a 19h working day between two drivers sharing driving all day.. without having a bunk bed in a lorry to rest your back and eyes of the road.. this type of overworking yourself is dangerous in general for us and other road users, cause for exaple on a way back you would be totaly wasted and tyred and you have to drive truck back after lets say 12h of hard work without any rest for your eyes or back.. which is illegal! management is very bad and total abuse of people! Breezemount int. IKEA contracters!
Pros
Cons
very long hours... to long!