IKEA Employee Review

Some great people here but the upper management are bullies
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballymun, County Dublin30 January 2019
I worked here for several years and made some friends I'll have for life but the upper management contain some of the most truly toxic and horrible people i have ever met. Being called "stupid" and an "idiot" is common place by one member in particular who holds a lot of sway in the sales side of the business. I've lost many a nights sleep worrying about what the next days work held in store for me. It's so bad that anyone who has worked in Ikea Dublin knows exactly who I'm talking about.
Pros
6 weeks holidays and lots of training
Cons
Toxic management, low pay

Other IKEA Employee Reviews

Fast-paced
Kitchen Designer/Planner (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 January 2020
Fast-paced, Stressful at times. Lot to learn depending on what department you are working. Crazy working hours. limited holidays, get good employee discount.
Good for a short term job. Environment is too toxic for a long term career. Very positive workforce full of nice people. Management are very entitled
Sales (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 December 2019
Wage seems good at first but staff are over worked. The money is not worth the stress this job causes most people. The main reason people stay in IKEA is because the workforce is so large (650) so you are bound to make a group of really close friends. Unfortunately that is the only positive that sticks out in my mind for Ikea. I was there for 7 years, a lot of people leave after 2. Management does not use the internal interview process fairly so good luck moving up in the company unless you are friends with the right managers or you are sleeping with one if them.
Most people start off on a 20 hour contract, they will stretch that across 5 days mostly evenings and weekends
If you are looking for a career with opportunities and options avoid IKEA.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.

52.8K