IKEA
IKEA Employee Review

Needs more staff to be great again

13 August 2017
It was a great place to work a few years ago but when I was working there, there was just not enough staff. Everyone was feeling the extra workload and it can be stressful. On the bright side the co-workers are really friendly and look out for each other. And I heard IKEA Dublin are hiring a lot of staff soon, if so then it has the potential to be a great place to work again:)
Pros
Great co-workers, penshion scheme, cheap/free lunches, pay
Cons
under staffed, can be really fast-pace enviroment
19 February 2020
Same roleSame location
Co-worker (Current Employee) - Dublin
The worst company in Dublin even they do not provided uniforms we use old ones from the staff left I do not suggest any friend to work in this company
6 January 2020
Same location
Kitchen Designer/Planner (Current Employee) - Dublin
Fast-paced, Stressful at times. Lot to learn depending on what department you are working. Crazy working hours. limited holidays, get good employee discount.
11 December 2019
Same location
Sales (Former Employee) - Dublin
Wage seems good at first but staff are over worked. The money is not worth the stress this job causes most people. The main reason people stay in IKEA is because the workforce is so large (650) so you are bound to make a group of really close friends. Unfortunately that is the only positive that sticks out in my mind for Ikea. I was there for 7 years, a lot of people leave after 2. Management does not use the internal interview process fairly so good luck moving up in the company unless you are friends with the right managers or you are sleeping with one if them.
Most people start off on a 20 hour contract, they will stretch that across 5 days mostly evenings and weekends

If you are looking for a career with opportunities and options avoid IKEA.