IKEA Employee Reviews

Found 38 reviews matching the search See all 7,604 reviews
an OK place to work
Logistics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin1 June 2017
I was in the logistics department. Early mornings I didn't fancy. I worked here for a short space of time. It was a basic place to work. Nothing memorable or fancy about it.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
early mornings
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Ireland21 May 2017
Great values based company
Down to earth approach
Great benefits and rewards
Great people to work with
Opportunities abound if willing to travel and relocate
Pros
Good perks, and subsidised meals
Cons
large
Productive, fun, busy, fast
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 April 2017
My work day starts at 8 am most days, so i have to be there by 7am. I worked In the Kitchen show rooms section in IKEA bally-mun Dublin located on the second floor. Work place culture was fast and rapid, the hardest part of the job is 310's and 390's while serving the customer at almost the same time. The atmosphere was great and relaxed, all required facilities where there, and the most amazing thing about the job was the low staff cost cafeteria that was always less that 3 euros to eat a comfortable meal. As a sale assistant, i handled customer introductions about various products and eased there shopping experience, in addition coupled with regular rounds of the shop floor to make sure everything is to standard .
Pros
Free lunch and cheap lunch!
Cons
Min minuites
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 February 2017
In IKEA we always have to be in early and always work to meet our delay target. the people I worked with were very helpful and easy to work with.
Pros
free lunch
Mi segundo hogar!
IF Coworker (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 January 2017
Uno de los mejores sitios donde he tenido el gusto de trabajar. Ikea es uno de esos lugares donde te sientes en casa y el personal con el que compartes cada dia es tan amigable y colaborador que nunca sientes que es otro dia mas de trabajo así haya sido un día duro. Allí aprendes que el cliente es de verdad lo mas importante y aprendes a ponerte en su lugar con ello se le da el servicio que quisieras recibir tu mismo (como debe ser siempre). Desarrollas pasión por el buen servicio al cliente y crece en ti un sentido de pertenencia que te hace sentir muy orgulloso de pertenecer a esta familia. Me siento muy agradecida de haber formado parte de sus filas y de haberme llevado tantos conocimientos que me servirán para ser un mejor profesional en atención al cliente,graduado en Ikea Dublin.
Pros
Salario, consideración con el personal, obsequios, comedor de trabajadores, todo
Cons
nada a lo que uno no pueda buscarle el lado bueno
Depends on the team
Kichten porter,,, stor manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 October 2016
I enjoye working there and then I became unwell so I taut it would be best forme to leave, ileft because of the sressfull hours and thebullying in workwasnt what I needed for myfirst job there were very nice people there and a lot of bullys so istar looking for other jobs and I couldnt find one I liked but ive always being into electrics and id be greatful tolearn a lot withthis company, id like to grow witin this company and also help the company to grow
Pros
Cheaplunches
Cons
Driven to theground
Empresa dinâmica e agradável de trabalhar
Supervisor e Atendimento ao Cliente (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 October 2016
Ser dinâmico e flexível é fundamental, por se tratar de uma grande rede de varejo que atende uma grande demanda de imigrantes, possuir mais de um idioma é completamente satisfatório. Alem de prestar seu serviço com qualidade, aprimora também sua habilidades com idiomas.
Co worker
Co worker (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 August 2016
Hours outlined are not exact and 30 hours is not permanent it's only a part time contract. Good place to work if starting of in warehouse though................................................................................
Pros
Free or cheap meals. Freindly colleagues
Cons
Might pay living wage but u can't survive on 30 hrs
Productive Environment
Logistics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D13 May 2015
The logistics department is coordinated team oriented environment. It was a chance for me to practice my team working skills.
Part-Time Work Company
Flow Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D16 April 2015
I have been working in this position for around 6 years and and on a 16 Hours a week contract with no chance for more contracted hours.

Place is full of great people who I will gladly call friends but how they are treated by the company is nope the best. For how hard they work they get little gratitude.
Yes and No
CoWorker (Former Employee) –  Ballymun,26 September 2014
IKEA as a whole is a great company to work for. However IKEA Dublin is run very differently from most other IKEAs. This is its downfall. Immensely understaffed, but will not hire more staff to achieve tertial budgets. You will also be expected to work til ten o clock at night and over. You have no influence in your position. Due to the recession in Ireland many over educated people ended up working in IKEA. This lead to progression being near impossible. If we were to compare this to the other stores in the UK, the floor staff are generally students, and management are those with a higher education. This is not the case in IKEA Dublin. They abuse their staff , cut corners where possible. Your direct managers are generally great because they are in the same stressful position as you, but higher management will have no time for you, or the reality of the stores condition. You cannot progress despite how much training you are given, because that means they would have to replace you and become even more understaffed.I would not recommend working in IKEA Dublin. I would recommend working in another IKEA store.
Pros
You learn to deal with the most difficult people.
Cons
Long hours, unfair wages, no chance to progress
Great people, great experiences, Bad experenices, Sad to go, but needed a change from Customer service.
Ikea Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ikea, Dublin15 July 2014
So much fun working with the people. great work nights out. great summer and Christmas parties.

My job was Customer Service, the Best but also hardest place to work.. the highs and chats with the customers were fun but there was the shouting and unhappy customers that experienced bad times throughout the store and i was there, to make the customers bad times in store better. Management was great, easy to talk to and approach. My most enjoyable part of the job was making the customers smiling and laughing as they went home. I learned that I need to ask for help and that there was nothing wrong with asking for it. typical day at ikea is all go go go, fast, busy and non stop until it was home time, but it was the slow days that where the worst because it seemed to drag in, it was better for every co worker if it was busy. It was a pleasure to work there
Pros
free uniform, Free christmas/summer parties, great people, most fun, open to suggestions and ideas.
Cons
hurtful customers, the arrows the customers had to follow, bad signage around the story.
work place that haven't rised a peny over a four year period, but making millions on peoples backs, one of the toughest driving and loading jobs..
Heavy-truck driver (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D 1119 June 2014
typical day at work is to load the 7.5t truck with flat packs of furniture which is to handball 3t of real heavy boxes of a moving trolley of a ground ( that type of furniture loading is against manual handling and health and safety roles) the ground at the loading bay doe's be slipy in a winter tha can cause you a bad back injury.. than to deliver goods throughout Ireland which could be from 600-1000 km journeys.. coul take from 6am till 1pm following morning, which is a 19h working day between two drivers sharing driving all day.. without having a bunk bed in a lorry to rest your back and eyes of the road.. this type of overworking yourself is dangerous in general for us and other road users, cause for exaple on a way back you would be totaly wasted and tyred and you have to drive truck back after lets say 12h of hard work without any rest for your eyes or back.. which is illegal! management is very bad and total abuse of people! Breezemount int. IKEA contracters!
Pros
Cons
very long hours... to long!
busy and friendly workplace
General oprative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D5 June 2014
I was happy in my workplace every day,because there would be different jobs to attend to every day. I learned how to use a trailer and to load and unload trailers,the manager was good,co workers were also my team and we always were happy working together,the hardest part of the job would have been to work on a busy weekend we as a team of five men would have to main 2,500 trollies+attend to customers needs,and i think this was the most enjoyable part because you were kept busy and i like to keep busy.
Fun yet strict environment to work in.
Co-Worker (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D15 April 2014
A typical day at work for me in IKEA would be to go in, check my floor plan as I was allocated in a different area each day, go to my assigned area and keep it clean and tidy. Make it presentable for the customers, engage with the customers surrounding me and then I would go onto the tills. In IKEA I learned the value of working as part of a team and how a job can be easier done when working with your co-workers. My co-workers in IKEA were extremely friendly and hard working and they helped me out during my time there. I don't believe there was any hard parts about the job because if there ever was anything difficult there was always someone on had to help you. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working hard but feeling as though you were doing it with your friends, not colleagues.
Pros
Cheap lunches, great atmosphere, great people.
Cons
long hours.
Graphic Design in IKEA
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 March 2014
Didn't have a huge amount of graphic or creative work. Became experienced in using vinyl, painting walls and got a good understanding of how to keep a good communicative eye on the look and direction of the shop floor.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not enough graphic design
i loved working here and working people i get wiith everyone and even though i was only there for s ahort amount of time i made some good friends
shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D20 November 2013
the day to day basis involved :Production of media packs, Date entry using Oracle 11i, Running Reports and maintain spreadsheets and responsible for doing Quality checks on all production. I also did labeling and assembly of cd packs.

I really enjoyed this and followed everything they thought me to do
Pros
dealing with people and communicating
Cons
work was sometimes difficult