IMPERIAL HOTEL

IMPERIAL HOTEL Employee Reviews

Friendly staff, no chance of job progression, limited as a student job
After working in the imperial I've come to appreciate the capability individuals can have at work. How much a difference people can make when they are committed to working together for a common goal.

While it was not gainful employment where i would be willing to found a career upon it did give me the experience of a demanding workplace. Both physically and in terms of organizational skills. Managing work in a timely fashion often times under pressure but being motivated to accomplish the task to help the co-workers around me.

By far the most enjoyable aspect there was the relationships developed with co-workers. Often times with many people working hard it can create a team atmosphere. Where people feel delighted to be able to help one another.
Pros
Free dinner for staff, Staff discount on taxi's home.
Cons
Ad-hoc hours, variable workloads.
Horrible place to work in!
Horrible place to work for! I have been abused and fired because off false accusations made against me and no investigation was made just fired! Would not recommend anyone to work where especially if your young and starting off they don’t really give you a break and your on your feet nearly your whole shift
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Long hours/little break
Fantastic people to work with and amazing experience
Loved working at the imperial. You mistake of my life leaving as is was a job I truly loved. Always sorry never carry on to get my qualifications. Fantastic staff and great place to work. Have always missed it
Nice place but...
The Imperial hotel and white co is a lovely place to work, except by the manager at the imperial, she had HUGE preferences for old staff without give the opportunity to the new staff to shine.
Pros
The owner
Cons
The Manager
Fun workplace
- Learned how to work as a member of a team
- Taken my own initiative

- Good group of staff to work with and get along with

- Became an experience bartender and waiter through my two years working there
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Varied hours
average to poor
average hours, monotones work, poor management, company is good but varies over time due to high labour turn over. very poor over all
Pros
free lunch
Friendly staff with flexible work life balance
Friendly environment with flexible hours. Customer service skills thrive in this hotel where you are able to interact with guests on a daily basis.
Pros
Lunch included
Liked this job
Started off with housekeeping I was then brought down to the resturant to waitress. after a few weeks I was asked to serve teas and coffee to the bus tours that would arrive. sometimes I worked in the kitchen to help out or cover reception.
enjoyable
I worked as a chef on the bar menu. I prepared food, received orders and cooked food for an á la carté Bar Menu.
Pros
free food
so so
loved working in the nightclub. always busy, management were lovely and security always looked after the staff. I found working in the café a different story. was not well run when I was working there.
Role:
Good experience, an influential role as part of a good team.
Busy sociable atmosphere
A typical day at involves stocking the bar, tending the bar, dealing with customers, clean bar and set up for morning staff.

While working in the imperial I have learnt how to work under pressure and in a very busy atmosphere.

Management and my co-workers are very easy to work with and everybody is direct and know what has to be done.

The hardest part of the job would be dealing with difficult or drunk customers while the best part would be meeting lots of new people.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Long unsociable hours