Independent News & Media

Independent News & Media Employee Reviews

Featured review
Independent News & Media selected this as a representative review
My work was in Tele-Ad department and was very busy. We took advertising copy over the phone and had to be very fast typists with excellent spelling. We had to assist with layout of copy and sell advertising space for feature pages. I worked on the entertainments advertising pages for many years and while clients could be difficult I developed a good working relationship with them. It was a fun, social work environment.
Pros
4 day working week, great salary and benefits. Interesting and busy days.
Cons
Difficult clients at times
Printing plant where I worked is closed now without any consultation with staff. The company was bought over by MEDIAHUIS and they decided to close us down without even exploring the good case we had for staying open and competing with other plants.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Night work - Bank Holidays - weekends - Christmas night
INM staff are highly talented and collaborative working in a fast paced deadline driven media environment. They works hard and have fun along the way!!
Pros
Working for a market leader opens doors.
Cons
Media as an industry isnt what it was as a result if digital disruption.
While change doesn't suit everybody, there is a concerted effort to shift the culture and image of INM. A lot of investment has been made to help digitalise the business. Exciting times ahead.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Autonomy, Valued
Cons
Some company politics
Open and honest, productive and friendly environment. Gained first-hand knowledge and experience. Standard working hours 9:30-5:30 Monday to Friday with an hour lunch break. The management are helpful and honest.
Over the course of my years I met some great like-minded people. The media sector is probably one of the most difficult to work in over the last few years but it did challenge me to think differently. There has been a big change in senior management over the last few years and this has proved difficult for the organisation and they have encountered their own challenges. There has been a big concentration in recent years of headcount reduction which doesn't help the workplace culture. The hardest part of working in an organisation of this is the constant challenge of achieving results in a declining market. The best part of the job is achieving the results given all of the challenges and difficulties.
Pros
Well-paid
Cons
Long-hours and poor work-life balance
A relaxed atmosphere where all managers are approachable and friendly. Long hours but good time off between shifts. Due to poor man management there can be lots of idle time.
Pros
Good time off
Cons
Didn't like my 2 years of job in this company. The worst part is the lack of co-operation you get from everyone including the senior manager and HR. Left the company as soon as I had a moderate job offer from another company.
Productive and busy environment in a fast growing dynamic environment. Constantly changing to adapt to the times. Good company to work for.