Insomnia Coffee Company Employee Reviews

Interactive and fun
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 September 2019
It's was fun to work there's , company was nice with staff , I learn there's how to make a coffee and how to work with different people and how to be flexible .
great workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin26 August 2019
Great workplace, nice team, good working conditions, career opportunities, a lot of smart and bright people to work with. very enjoyed my time there. great coffee also
Great company culture
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cork18 July 2019
Very demanding, challenging and at the same time rewarding environment. A place where people come first. Good pay, good work life balance, diverse and inclusive work place. Overall, great company to work for
Pros
free lunches, partially paid breaks, a lot of training provided
Cons
no cons
Unprofessional
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 April 2019
Woudnt recommend to work here .
The management was just terrible, when I called in sick once when I was genuinely having a huge fever, the manager expected me come in or find anyone else to work instead, which is not even my job.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Terrible management
great place to work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Dublin20 December 2018
in general a great place to work, I am part of a lovely team, free lunch and coffee on shift. Some days can be long hours and weekend work is required, which is the only downside
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Terrible management, bad place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin8 December 2018
Worked 4 years here and staff are treated horribly. They expect so much for minimum wage. I worked as a supervisor and the pay is 10.80 which is very low

*STAY AWAY FROM SANDYFORD* the staff are not friendly and are extremely rude to you
Pros
Free food after 6 months
Cons
Management don’t care
Contrary
Barista/ waitress/ keyholder (Former Employee) –  Limerick29 August 2018
Not only did the assistant manager ignore when approached about issues but also played a part in getting my job terminated mainly because the now supervisor is her brother in law. Sabotage all the way. Also they conducted interviews for my replacement while I still worked there. Supervisor is a narcissist full of self entitlement. Don't waste your time on this place. Honestly.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
All of the above
unhappy and dull
barista (Former Employee) –  Mulhuddart, County Dublin16 June 2018
A typical day was busy or lonely. I am happy with the skills i have learned and will happily present these skills elsewhere as i was unhappy here. I just hope the manager is nice to the next recruitment because she was not to me and to the other candidates before me.
Pros
discounts
Cons
lonely closing
Great training, good working atmosphere
Barista (Current Employee) –  Dublin11 March 2018
Good company to work for. They differ from the usual retail jobs in that they give you very comprehensive training, they provide a free meal and unlimited hot drinks on shift, and pay part of your break time. You also get a small premium for Sunday work. They also pay above minimum wage, which is rare for a retail company. You're given plenty of freedom to resolve customer issues, in that you don't need managerial approval to replace a drink or food item if a customer is unhappy - it's fantastic to have the ability to be able to resolve issues by yourself.

My own colleagues are good to work with, fun and friendly people so it's a good working environment for me. Hours are decent, almost always full time with the ability to pick up shifts in other stores if you need more hours.
Pros
Free lunch, paid breaks, free drinks, good training.
Cons
Some shifts are short which can be a pain when you want more hours.
Barista
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 January 2018
Worked as part of a catering team to serve customers food and beverages. Evolved teamwork and communication skills through interacting with the public.
Pros
Complenetary food and snacks
Not enough hours
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 September 2017
I didn't get enough hours and was bullied by a co-worker and a manager. The wage wasn't great either. I was not paid correctly on numerous occasions with hours missing.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long days, not enough hours, not being paid correctly/on time
Good training, but not a job for life.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Dublin11 June 2017
While the company makes sure you are trained very well, I feel they are lacking in certain areas.
You will often be asked to work long hours, and head office will rarely notice or appreciate if you go out of your way to help out and better the company.
It´s a good place to get started no doubt about it, but be ready to move on after a while.
Pros
Good training and experience.
Cons
Ruled by head office who only contact you with complaints or problems.
nice place to work
Barista and Waiter (Former Employee) –  Clonee, Ireland10 May 2017
I learned a lot in this job. Specially customer service, how to deal with people...
I left, because I didn't like that if something happened in our store all the other employees knew about it. I like privacy and if i confide in my superior or collogue I like the information stay with them.
Fast paced, hard work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Clontarf, County Dublin19 August 2016
A typical day at the Insomnia I work in is very busy, with many customers to serve, coffees to make and to maintain a level of cleanliness all at the same time. I have learned the skills of being a Barista and have highly improved my skills when it comes to dealing with people in all situations. I have never had any problems with management they are all nice and do their best to make sure we are working our hardest and keeping the store to a certain standard. i have worked with many incredible people during my time with this people and it is one of my favourite things about the job. The only way to survive a busy day is to be able to work together as a team and Insomnia workers are always good at that, in my experience!
Pros
Free hot beverages, discounts on in store products
Cons
Long hours can be tiring when busy
Assistant (HR and Finance) (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 June 2016
Insomnia is a great place to work.
They have a very friendly environment, respect of diversity.
I believe I added a very good experience to my career.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
N/a
Fun place
Barista (Former Employee) –  Clontarf, County Dublin22 December 2015
I learned about customer service
My co-workers were the best
An easy job. I think is the best one for students, or for somebody that wants a second job. I do not recommend it for somebody that wants a career.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
working in shifts
Excelente ambiente de trabalho
Gerente (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 October 2014
Eu como gerente de loja sempre tive um ótimo relacionamento com o gerente geral de todas as lojas, era uma empresa muito fácil e prazerosa de se trabalhar pois os produtos eram de ótima qualidade. Uma empresa de grande porte e nome na Irlanda.
great workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Malahide, D4 September 2013
good working hours, flexible rosters,
oportunities to do trainings
well organised head office, very helpfull easy to co- operate,
hardest part of the job was always cleaning as is a very busy place,
enjoyable making coffees :) and contact with customers
Pros
free drinks and lunches, flexible working hours