Intel Corporation

Intel Corporation Employee Reviews in Leixlip, County Kildare

Leixlip, County Kildare74 reviews

Found 74 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,629 reviews

Productive, a lot to learn environment/workplace

Proud to be part of Intel organisation. Company is taking care of their employees. The experience it really depends on the team you’re working with. Overall it’s very good company, pay rate depends on the education and vary between applicants.

This company will definitely look after you

The benefits are great, depending on management and area you could love absolutely everything or have more tough days than good ones. Overall compared to other companies Intel is great and interesting to work in. They also have clubs like book club and sports clubs so you can meet people with similar interests.

Pros

Free food in canteen

Cons

Stressful and management do not have a clue about the machine you work on.

Was a good place yo work for the first few years and then it got really stressful after a period of time. I ended having to leave because the shift work was not healthy. Really took a toll on my family life eventually.

Pros

Good bonuses

Cons

Long hours. Horrible shift pattern.

Avoid this place if you can

Stressful place and the salary progression is too slow. Management look after themselves and don't care about the staff. Avoid this company if u can.

Pros

Good facilities

Cons

Stressful and poor pay

Great place to work. Work life balance is well cared about. They employ you, train you ,help you grow in your career. Good and technically sound people.

Pros

Perks and benefits.

Cons

Compressed work week

Productive and fun workplace.

It was an absolutely new and challenging experience but I like it. Calming surroundings and lovely environment to work in. Everything as a proper work place should be.

Get rewarded for working hard!

Really great place to work. Never a dull moment, always projects and task to work on.Work closely with teams of highly skilled individuals.Expect to be challenged everyday but also expect to be rewarded for your hard work.

Pros

Compensation and time off are great

Cons

Working weekend and night shifts can be tough

I worked for Intel for nearly 15 years

Great place to work. I called it the university of life. Exposure to all aspects of running a business. Great opportunities to move within other disciplines. Very hard decision to leave

Pros

Great opportunities to move within the company

Cons

Very very busy

Great Place To Work

Intel is a fast paced, highly technical place to work. Exciting and varied work. Lots of opportunity to improve personally and professionally. Work alone or as part of a multi-functional team

Pros

Free cold and hot drinks and fruit.

Cons

Long hours - oncall

Work Level

Went in as a intern but they wanted more and wasn't given the chance to complete and management don't have time for learning/ progression even though that's one of their ethos.

Pros

Good salary and benefits

Cons

Alot of contracts and very hard to get made full time

overall summary

Very much a brain washing company into intel culture. A lot of internal politcs and social climbing within the company. It can be both a good place to work but also very toxic, poeple are always knocking each other down to make themseleves look good. Worklife balance is not bad and the company is fairly felixable. I cant say i love the place nor can i say its really bad eithier. Its a job for a couple of years to get experience then move on not a place to establish a career. The canteen and toilets in the place are absolutely terrible.

Pros

Pays ok

Cons

Politics, negativeity, worst canteen in the world.

Lots of services provided. Friendly and motivated staff members. Always had a task to complete, enjoyable. Workplace culture was fantastic, would definitely recommend

Salary

Salary very good Enjoyed working at Intel every minute It can be stressful sometimes Clean rooms very clean and organized Working for intel will give you very very bright future.

Stressful if you can’t take pressure...

A stressful job in that you had to be always striving for next thing. This is fine when young & eager as we all were but when you know the job well you just want to go in and do a very good job. This wasn’t the culture. More better more & then some more or you don’t survive or progress. That’s fair enough once you’ve accepted it .

Excellent workplace

Brilliant workplace with very understanding down to earth staff and a caring environment ideal for new hires. I was a new hire and I absolutely loved my time there. I was forced to leave due to illness.

Nice people ,good work,if a little repetitive.mostly good .follow the many rules and youll be fine. New equipment and new lean manufacturing working well.

Great company

hard to progress as a tech in this company. pay is good and the people are helpful but as mentioned progression can be hard and takes a lot of asking

Disgraceful Culture - Horrendous People

The working culture at Leixlip is a disgrace and truly disgusting. A non exhaustive list: - People, including those pregnant or with young children just live in work. They stay there all hours and expect you to, too. So very sad for their families - Death by email, trying to stitch eachother up until you are completely thrown under the bus - Vast incompetence across the patch. 'Management' and system owners are completely out of their depth and have absolutely no idea what they are doing - Again I cannot reiterate the blame culture enough, trying to throw anyone under the bus to better themselves - Absolutely no team ethic at all, will steal ideas and present as their own. It is hard not to feel sorry for these people's families. They live in work, emailing all day long tap tap tap and trying to sound clever and act smart (even though they sound completely stupid) whilst actually achieving absolutely nothing. Horrendous people, horrendous culture. They cannot accept blame even when data clearly points toward them, there will always be some twist that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever that they will use to knife you. Worst place ever witnessed, never again.

Pros

Cut the grass often, smells quite nice.

Cons

The people

Productive & Interesting

Great place to work Learned alot of computational skills to apply in other fields of study Social amenities available to help co workers get to know each other well.

Pros

Free tee & coffee

Dont waste your time

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WORKING FOR INTEL, They don't care at all about you. the company has a great image outside. looks can be deceiving! the company is rotten to its core on the inside. I don't think the engineers and managers or any of the higher ups of this place understand how hard the manufacturing techs work. we are over worked and underpaid, Dont get long enough breaks, the company doesn't look at all the good work you do, the company crucifies you if you make a slight small mistake. Promotions are basically non existent, my manager at the place took him 21 years to become a manager...a shift manager at that, and he looked so chuffed and happy. 21 years...to become a shift manager...that's not a win that's a sad loss at life Typical day as a manufacturing tech starts of with getting a passdown...which is supposed to be the managers and engineers job. the company structure is so poor it makes me sad for leaving my previous job prier to working at intel. after passdown you check everything you'll be working on for the day, the engineers and managers think you have unlimited energy and just make decisions to add more work and change the game plans all the time. and if you miss it because THEY NEVER give you heads up, if you miss it then you are going to be in the firing line. the engineers and managers are so rude and expect the impossible, so bad that I one time soiled my self because I couldn't leave the fab for a short toilet break, its a disrespectful and apolloing place to work. I left because it wasnt worth my time, effort, and the humiliation -

Pros

None, I worked with people who have been there for 25 years in the same position

Cons

everything bad you can imagine, where does the chemical waste go? how they treat employes, promotions are non existent, you can get a better paying job where they care about you with a different company.

Intel on paper was the ideal position

Intel on paper was the ideal position. However, in practice you are pushed to meet commitments but everyone is very quick to push you under a bus to make themselves look good... Especially management

Pros

Time Off

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intel Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement