Intel Corporation

Intel Corporation Management reviews

Ireland120 reviews

Clear

Found 33 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,652 reviews

This company will definitely look after you

The benefits are great, depending on management and area you could love absolutely everything or have more tough days than good ones. Overall compared to other companies Intel is great and interesting to work in. They also have clubs like book club and sports clubs so you can meet people with similar interests.

Pros

Free food in canteen

Noonans

Awful management on noonans not supervisors.bullying also I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for them such silly policies that you have to follow not valued either by higher management.

Pros

People in teams are nice

Cons

Worst management I've ever seen site supervisors an awful person.

Avoid this place if you can

Stressful place and the salary progression is too slow. Management look after themselves and don't care about the staff. Avoid this company if u can.

Pros

Good facilities

Cons

Stressful and poor pay

Toxic work envoirnmet and clueless low level management

Very toxic negative workplace. Certain individual groups run each area, either your in the click or get battered. Management are sneaky back stabbing individuals and minions for upper management. No progression for MT's and pay reviews are embarrissing, if your lucky to get a good pay rise its only 10% max.Honestly id run a mile if given the chance, 12hrs shifts and if your doing night god help you, not worth the money..

Pros

Steady income

Cons

Stress, backstabbing and competing with your peers

Restricted productivety made job frustrating

I worked for Intel through an outside contractor and if I was asked by Intel to recommend that contractor I would strongly advise against it as they do not stand up to the ethos of the brilliant company they represent

Pros

Long lunches and set working hours

Cons

To restricted by management to do the job

Work Level

Went in as a intern but they wanted more and wasn't given the chance to complete and management don't have time for learning/ progression even though that's one of their ethos.

Pros

Good salary and benefits

Cons

Alot of contracts and very hard to get made full time

Tri partheied culture full of ignorance

The Intel blue badge employees think that they are above all else. Poor management and business practices. The Intel blue badge employees are just out of college and university they think that is real life

Interesting environmental and corporate culture

Day to day work is very detail driven as would be expected. This is not suited to everyone. Anything you don't know going in will be taught to you. Anything you did know going in will be re-taught to you the intel way. Some aspects of working in intel can be amazing and the information, technology and knowledge you have to work with is second to none, however, there is also a lot of repetition and documentation to content with. As with any corporation of intels size there is a constant stream of meetings and red tape to contend with, and innovation will either be encouraged or completely snuffed out depending on the departments management culture. Like any work place, there are pro's and con's, if you just make the most of what you can, do your work and go home the pro's should out weight the cons.

Pros

BIK health care package and stock options.

Cons

lack of accountability for well known management culture in some departments

Disgraceful Culture - Horrendous People

The working culture at Leixlip is a disgrace and truly disgusting. A non exhaustive list: - People, including those pregnant or with young children just live in work. They stay there all hours and expect you to, too. So very sad for their families - Death by email, trying to stitch eachother up until you are completely thrown under the bus - Vast incompetence across the patch. 'Management' and system owners are completely out of their depth and have absolutely no idea what they are doing - Again I cannot reiterate the blame culture enough, trying to throw anyone under the bus to better themselves - Absolutely no team ethic at all, will steal ideas and present as their own. It is hard not to feel sorry for these people's families. They live in work, emailing all day long tap tap tap and trying to sound clever and act smart (even though they sound completely stupid) whilst actually achieving absolutely nothing. Horrendous people, horrendous culture. They cannot accept blame even when data clearly points toward them, there will always be some twist that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever that they will use to knife you. Worst place ever witnessed, never again.

Pros

Cut the grass often, smells quite nice.

Cons

The people

Dont waste your time

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WORKING FOR INTEL, They don't care at all about you. the company has a great image outside. looks can be deceiving! the company is rotten to its core on the inside. I don't think the engineers and managers or any of the higher ups of this place understand how hard the manufacturing techs work. we are over worked and underpaid, Dont get long enough breaks, the company doesn't look at all the good work you do, the company crucifies you if you make a slight small mistake. Promotions are basically non existent, my manager at the place took him 21 years to become a manager...a shift manager at that, and he looked so chuffed and happy. 21 years...to become a shift manager...that's not a win that's a sad loss at life Typical day as a manufacturing tech starts of with getting a passdown...which is supposed to be the managers and engineers job. the company structure is so poor it makes me sad for leaving my previous job prier to working at intel. after passdown you check everything you'll be working on for the day, the engineers and managers think you have unlimited energy and just make decisions to add more work and change the game plans all the time. and if you miss it because THEY NEVER give you heads up, if you miss it then you are going to be in the firing line. the engineers and managers are so rude and expect the impossible, so bad that I one time soiled my self because I couldn't leave the fab for a short toilet break, its a disrespectful and apolloing place to work. I left because it wasnt worth my time, effort, and the humiliation -

Pros

None, I worked with people who have been there for 25 years in the same position

Cons

everything bad you can imagine, where does the chemical waste go? how they treat employes, promotions are non existent, you can get a better paying job where they care about you with a different company.

Intel on paper was the ideal position

Intel on paper was the ideal position. However, in practice you are pushed to meet commitments but everyone is very quick to push you under a bus to make themselves look good... Especially management

Pros

Time Off

Cons

Good people but no options for advancement and unrealistic targets

Good people but no options for advancement and unrealistic targets The management is not really very innovative or energetic. It is a good environment with great people but really crazy pressure and targets. Work/Life balance is not the best.

Pros

Salary, Benefits

Cons

Rare options for advancements, unrealistic targets

Toxic environment

Awful place to work. Culture is absolutely awful. People take credit for others ideas an a blame culture is extremely obvious. Technicians are looked down upon by engineers and very little credit is given for their expertise. The amount of arrogant and incompetent people in this company is staggering even though I got to work in a decent group. Management is awful, no thinking goes into their decisions due to shocking arrogance. No training plan you own your own training. Career progression for a technician is non existent. You can move sideways. If you move into an engineering position which usually takes about 12 years you take a big pay cut due to loss of shift. Toxic company full of awful people. Can't leave anything on your desk as it will be stolen. To make it anywhere in this place you have to "play the game" which is awful.

Pros

Decent pay due to shift allowance

Cons

Management, culture, canteen is expensive and poor quality, shift pattern takes over your life, no progression

An experience to work there.

fast environment with a blame culture. Quite dated control systems meaning all breaks are taken at your desk or you get in trouble for leaving your station un-monitored and a cover your own back atmosphere as opposed to a teamwork orientated mindset.

Pros

good pay

Cons

no subsidized lunches, schedule removes social life outside of work, managers mainly do busy work while pushing all blame to their employees despite their own failures.

Relaxed, fun place to work.

Every day at work is different, you never completely know what you're coming into. The work force is incredibly diverse, this forces you to talk to/learn from people that are from many different countries. We manage to provide high output without compromising quality and safety, but certain areas could definitely be done with better management. In a company as large as Intel, you need someone in your corner.

Pros

Paid vacation, healthcare, bonuses and free gym on site

Cons

Poor management

Fantastic company to work for

Loved it miss it and would love to go back . Long days at work Training is great buddy system in place to make sure your trained correctly . Learned Loads ...Management can be a bit I love Intel at times but generally nice and fair as can be ....great work place culture open door policy with Managers and ...hardest pard doing 12 hr shifts but you get used to it ...most enjoyable part great money and benefits ...and nice clean environment to work in Facilities great

Pros

Great Money

Cons

Can be sweaty in Gore suits

Productive and Fun Workplace

Started at 7am, meeting with team to plan day ahead and delegate tasks. Management of team were great, very supportive and approachable. Workplace culture great. Job very demanding at times but very challenging and rewarding. Hardest part of the job was probably the early morning start. the most enjoyable part was working with a great team of people and getting the job done.

Pros

Subsidised cafeteria

Cons

Great place to work but really hard work expected.

The 11 years there where the education I needed to be the best at what I do. If not for the politics and management fight to the get too the top. I could not say a bad word about the place.

It's a good place to work

It's a employee friendly company. They really care with their employees if you're a blue badge. But unluckily I'm working for westerwood global don't have those benefits. Hopefully I will be given a chance to work direct to them and become a blue badge.

Fun

Good place to work. Management is very good. They are always willing to help and support you in every way. I do shift work. each shift is 12 hours long.

Good benefits poor work life balance

After hours and weekend work expected with no renumeration and little thanks. Tired management who seek to meet metrics only with little regard for quality.

Pros

was pension but the defined benefit has now gone

Cons

long working days and weekend cover without pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intel Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement