Intel
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Intel Employee Reviews

Ireland106 reviews
Intel is a fast paced, highly technical place to work.
Exciting and varied work.

Lots of opportunity to improve personally and professionally.

Work alone or as part of a multi-functional team
Pros
Free cold and hot drinks and fruit.
Cons
Long hours - oncall
Went in as a intern but they wanted more and wasn't given the chance to complete and management don't have time for learning/ progression even though that's one of their ethos.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Alot of contracts and very hard to get made full time
Very much a brain washing company into intel culture. A lot of internal politcs and social climbing within the company. It can be both a good place to work but also very toxic, poeple are always knocking each other down to make themseleves look good.
Worklife balance is not bad and the company is fairly felixable. I cant say i love the place nor can i say its really bad eithier.

Its a job for a couple of years to get experience then move on not a place to establish a career.

The canteen and toilets in the place are absolutely terrible.
Pros
Pays ok
Cons
Politics, negativeity, worst canteen in the world.
People focused, well trained, multi-national big corp environment.
Good place to work if too many classes to complete on an annual basis.

Leading edge technology, good road map, tools and processes but very strict.
Lots of services provided. Friendly and motivated staff members. Always had a task to complete, enjoyable. Workplace culture was fantastic, would definitely recommend
Dream job and as an individual everyone can explore more possibilities.
Excellent work ethics.

Transparency in communication.

Value the opinion.

Good support from manager level
Good place to work with good support from team members. Benefits and conditions in work are of a very high standard. Work Life Balance is not enough of a priority here though.
Salary very good
Enjoyed working at Intel every minute

It can be stressful sometimes

Clean rooms very clean and organized

Working for intel will give you very very bright future.
Good stock options. A very large Gym. 3 Cafeterias with different world foods open twenty-four hours a day. Free cark park with plenty of space to park. Great managers
A stressful job in that you had to be always striving for next thing.
This is fine when young & eager as we all were but when you know the job well you just want to go in and do a very good job. This wasn’t the culture.

More better more & then some more or you don’t survive or progress.

That’s fair enough once you’ve accepted it .
had a great time but was placed on team that was never in office leaving me by myself. typical day was me working on my own in the teams cubicle. Probably should have requested to move teams as that was an option
The Intel blue badge employees think that they are above all else. Poor management and business practices. The Intel blue badge employees are just out of college and university they think that is real life
Brilliant workplace with very understanding down to earth staff and a caring environment ideal for new hires. I was a new hire and I absolutely loved my time there. I was forced to leave due to illness.
Always a slow start to the week and as a contractor there you are treated like a lower class citizen!

No job security and no progression.

No learning curve just get in a lash pipework in a quick as possible so you they can let you go at end of project
Nice people ,good work,if a little repetitive.mostly good .follow the many rules and youll be fine.
New equipment and new lean manufacturing working well.
hard to progress as a tech in this company.
pay is good and the people are helpful

but as mentioned progression can be hard and takes a lot of asking
Day to day work is very detail driven as would be expected. This is not suited to everyone.
Anything you don't know going in will be taught to you. Anything you did know going in will be re-taught to you the intel way.

Some aspects of working in intel can be amazing and the information, technology and knowledge you have to work with is second to none, however, there is also a lot of repetition and documentation to content with.

As with any corporation of intels size there is a constant stream of meetings and red tape to contend with, and innovation will either be encouraged or completely snuffed out depending on the departments management culture.

Like any work place, there are pro's and con's, if you just make the most of what you can, do your work and go home the pro's should out weight the cons.
Pros
BIK health care package and stock options.
Cons
lack of accountability for well known management culture in some departments
The working culture at Leixlip is a disgrace and truly disgusting. A non exhaustive list:
- People, including those pregnant or with young children just live in work. They stay there all hours and expect you to, too. So very sad for their families

- Death by email, trying to stitch eachother up until you are completely thrown under the bus

- Vast incompetence across the patch. 'Management' and system owners are completely out of their depth and have absolutely no idea what they are doing

- Again I cannot reiterate the blame culture enough, trying to throw anyone under the bus to better themselves

- Absolutely no team ethic at all, will steal ideas and present as their own.

It is hard not to feel sorry for these people's families. They live in work, emailing all day long tap tap tap and trying to sound clever and act smart (even though they sound completely stupid) whilst actually achieving absolutely nothing. Horrendous people, horrendous culture. They cannot accept blame even when data clearly points toward them, there will always be some twist that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever that they will use to knife you. Worst place ever witnessed, never again.
Pros
Cut the grass often, smells quite nice.
Cons
The people
Learned alot of computational skills to apply in other fields of study

Social amenities available to help co workers get to know each other well.
Pros
Free tee & coffee
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WORKING FOR INTEL,

They don't care at all about you. the company has a great image outside. looks can be deceiving! the company is rotten to its core on the inside.

I don't think the engineers and managers or any of the higher ups of this place understand how hard the manufacturing techs work.

we are over worked and underpaid, Dont get long enough breaks, the company doesn't look at all the good work you do, the company crucifies you if you make a slight small mistake.

Promotions are basically non existent, my manager at the place took him 21 years to become a manager...a shift manager at that, and he looked so chuffed and happy. 21 years...to become a shift manager...that's not a win that's a sad loss at life

Typical day as a manufacturing tech starts of with getting a passdown...which is supposed to be the managers and engineers job. the company structure is so poor it makes me sad for leaving my previous job prier to working at intel. after passdown you check everything you'll be working on for the day, the engineers and managers think you have unlimited energy and just make decisions to add more work and change the game plans all the time. and if you miss it because THEY NEVER give you heads up, if you miss it then you are going to be in the firing line.

the engineers and managers are so rude and expect the impossible, so bad that I one time soiled my self because I couldn't leave the fab for a short toilet break, its a disrespectful and apolloing place to work.

I left because it wasnt worth my time, effort, and the humiliation
 - more...
Pros
None, I worked with people who have been there for 25 years in the same position
Cons
everything bad you can imagine, where does the chemical waste go? how they treat employes, promotions are non existent, you can get a better paying job where they care about you with a different company.
Intel on paper was the ideal position. However, in practice you are pushed to meet commitments but everyone is very quick to push you under a bus to make themselves look good... Especially management
Pros
Time Off