Intel Employee Reviews

Found 80 reviews matching the search See all 4,368 reviews
Disgraceful Culture - Horrendous People
Technician (Current Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare26 June 2019
The working culture at Leixlip is a disgrace and truly disgusting. A non exhaustive list:
- People, including those pregnant or with young children just live in work. They stay there all hours and expect you to, too. So very sad for their families
- Death by email, trying to stitch eachother up until you are completely thrown under the bus
- Vast incompetence across the patch. 'Management' and system owners are completely out of their depth and have absolutely no idea what they are doing
- Again I cannot reiterate the blame culture enough, trying to throw anyone under the bus to better themselves
- Absolutely no team ethic at all, will steal ideas and present as their own.

It is hard not to feel sorry for these people's families. They live in work, emailing all day long tap tap tap and trying to sound clever and act smart (even though they sound completely stupid) whilst actually achieving absolutely nothing. Horrendous people, horrendous culture. They cannot accept blame even when data clearly points toward them, there will always be some twist that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever that they will use to knife you. Worst place ever witnessed, never again.
Pros
Cut the grass often, smells quite nice.
Cons
The people
Dont waste your time
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare14 June 2019
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WORKING FOR INTEL,

They don't care at all about you. the company has a great image outside. looks can be deceiving! the company is rotten to its core on the inside.

I don't think the engineers and managers or any of the higher ups of this place understand how hard the manufacturing techs work.
we are over worked and underpaid, Dont get long enough breaks, the company doesn't look at all the good work you do, the company crucifies you if you make a slight small mistake.

Promotions are basically non existent, my manager at the place took him 21 years to become a manager...a shift manager at that, and he looked so chuffed and happy. 21 years...to become a shift manager...that's not a win that's a sad loss at life

Typical day as a manufacturing tech starts of with getting a passdown...which is supposed to be the managers and engineers job. the company structure is so poor it makes me sad for leaving my previous job prier to working at intel. after passdown you check everything you'll be working on for the day, the engineers and managers think you have unlimited energy and just make decisions to add more work and change the game plans all the time. and if you miss it because THEY NEVER give you heads up, if you miss it then you are going to be in the firing line.

the engineers and managers are so rude and expect the impossible, so bad that I one time soiled my self because I couldn't leave the fab for a short toilet break, its a disrespectful and apolloing place to work.

I left because it wasnt worth my time, effort, and the humiliation
  more... to be working for such a horrible, god forsaken, rotten to its core, untrustworthy company. they pride themselves in putting customers first, that's a lie! they don't care about the customers, as long as they can line up there pockets with big profits and getting the little guy (manufacturing techs) to do all the hard work.  less
Pros
None, I worked with people who have been there for 25 years in the same position
Cons
everything bad you can imagine, where does the chemical waste go? how they treat employes, promotions are non existent, you can get a better paying job where they care about you with a different company.
Intel on paper was the ideal position
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Leixlip30 May 2019
Intel on paper was the ideal position. However, in practice you are pushed to meet commitments but everyone is very quick to push you under a bus to make themselves look good... Especially management
Pros
Time Off
Excellent Employer
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare30 April 2019
Very much enjoyed working here until the compulsory redundancies came. The work life balance was brilliant and the whole employee work ethic was great.
amazing place to work but shift hours are impossible to sustain
Graduate Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dublin Ireland7 April 2019
amazing place to work, amazing opportunities to learn and grow fast. Company culture is very positive. Process engineers work on shift hours which are impossible to sustain.
Toxic environment
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare13 December 2018
Awful place to work. Culture is absolutely awful. People take credit for others ideas an a blame culture is extremely obvious. Technicians are looked down upon by engineers and very little credit is given for their expertise. The amount of arrogant and incompetent people in this company is staggering even though I got to work in a decent group. Management is awful, no thinking goes into their decisions due to shocking arrogance. No training plan you own your own training. Career progression for a technician is non existent. You can move sideways. If you move into an engineering position which usually takes about 12 years you take a big pay cut due to loss of shift. Toxic company full of awful people. Can't leave anything on your desk as it will be stolen. To make it anywhere in this place you have to "play the game" which is awful.
Pros
Decent pay due to shift allowance
Cons
Management, culture, canteen is expensive and poor quality, shift pattern takes over your life, no progression
Safe friendly working environment.
Facilities Maintenance Technician / Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, Co Kildare, IE30 November 2018
One of if not the best company I've ever worked for, Safe friendly working environment. Great learning experience. Great life work balance. Culture of pushing to continue to learn and further knowledge of all site systems.
Pros
Safe friendly working environment.
Cons
Shift role.
Great place to get experience
Anonymous worker (Current Employee) –  Dublin22 November 2018
Great place to get experience.
Job security doesn't exist. From my experience I can tell people join Intel to get experience and are looking for a better paid job after 3-4 years.
Pros
Healthcare
An experience to work there.
Remote Operations Centre Technician (Former Employee) –  Intel Corporation, Leixlip24 October 2018
fast environment with a blame culture.
Quite dated control systems meaning all breaks are taken at your desk or you get in trouble for leaving your station un-monitored and a cover your own back atmosphere as opposed to a teamwork orientated mindset.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no subsidized lunches, schedule removes social life outside of work, managers mainly do busy work while pushing all blame to their employees despite their own failures.
productive and fun workplace
mimo team (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare2 October 2018
usually I would be typing email and working with excel, I learned lots of new skills including customer care, inter - personal managerial and working in a fast paced environment
Great Benefits and Nice People
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare13 September 2018
Worked in Intel Ireland Site

Enjoyed the job, lovely people especially in Ireland, great benefits with the job and a pension scheme. The continental shifts can be a pain if your not used to them but over all good company to work for.
Pros
Great Benefits and lifestyle
Cons
Continental Shifts
Good company culture
Yield Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare22 August 2018
Very good company for anyone at any stage in their career. One of the biggest companies in the world means there's roles for people of all backgrounds, qualifications, and skill levels.

Culture in the company is good - in my experience everyone is very friendly and there are good relationships across different departments.
Relaxed, fun place to work.
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare31 July 2018
Every day at work is different, you never completely know what you're coming into. The work force is incredibly diverse, this forces you to talk to/learn from people that are from many different countries.

We manage to provide high output without compromising quality and safety, but certain areas could definitely be done with better management. In a company as large as Intel, you need someone in your corner.
Pros
Paid vacation, healthcare, bonuses and free gym on site
Cons
Poor management
Professional high paced yet stressful environment
Equipment Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland23 July 2018
Great benefits and shift pattern with lots of training opportunities. Work place is stressful and fast paced so being able to consolidate new skills can be difficult to achieve.

Direct manager was good to work for, promotion within 2 years and felt like I made a difference but stress could be tiring.
Pros
Great benefits, learning opportunities and good shift pattern
Cons
Great stress
Good workplace
Equipment maintenance engineer (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare16 July 2018
Healthy work-life balance
Good compensation package
Learning and development opportunities
Friendly co-workers
Lot to learn
Ample extras apart from salary and bonus
productive
Maintenance and Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Kildare8 June 2018
Great company for salary and benefits, but ultimately just a number. Wage discrepancies between the same job level are vast and the shift calander means you never get a full weekend to yourself.
Busy, Fun, Great working environment
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Collinstown, County Westmeath1 May 2018
Very busy department but fun to work in with a great team. Learned a lot about finance for example, budgeting, auditing, accounts payable, reconciliations of client accounts statements and bank/credit card statements. Great place to work.
Reason for leaving- the department was outsourced to Malaysia
Good
Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare17 April 2018
Intel Ireland Ltd is a great place to work It is full of great people and I always enjoyed going there. I personally did not have a bad experience while being there.
great working environment
software intern (Former Employee) –  Shannon, County Clare13 April 2018
I really enjoyed my time with Intel. I spent a good deal of time interfacing with other employees, who were very supportive during my placement. I recommend the company highly.
Pros
fun time was seen as important as work
Cons
needless hassle getting equipment upgrade
Fantastic company to work for
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Leixlip13 April 2018
Loved it miss it and would love to go back . Long days at work Training is great buddy system in place to make sure your trained correctly . Learned Loads ...Management can be a bit I love Intel at times but generally nice and fair as can be ....great work place culture open door policy with Managers and ...hardest pard doing 12 hr shifts but you get used to it ...most enjoyable part great money and benefits ...and nice clean environment to work in Facilities great
Pros
Great Money
Cons
Can be sweaty in Gore suits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intel. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K