Intel

Intel Employee Reviews in Kildare

Found 8 reviews matching the search See all 4,706 reviews
productive
Maintenance and Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Kildare8 June 2018
Great company for salary and benefits, but ultimately just a number. Wage discrepancies between the same job level are vast and the shift calander means you never get a full weekend to yourself.
Great place to work but really hard work expected.
Process Technician and Diffusion Area (Former Employee) –  Kildare6 January 2018
The 11 years there where the education I needed to be the best at what I do. If not for the politics and management fight to the get too the top. I could not say a bad word about the place.
Intel is a large profitable and secure but inflexible organisation
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Liexlip, Kildare, Ireland29 November 2017
Intel is a good place to work because it is stable, the company is very profitable and employees are well rewarded (salary+shift premium+bonus). It can be a little difficult in terms of flexibility and bureaucracy, there is definitely a way of speaking and Intel vocabulary that helps one fit in.
Pros
stable, good salary, medical insurance
Cons
danger of group-think
Progressive technology company
Workforce Capability Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kildare22 February 2017
Competitive working environment, continuous learning available. Working in teams to problem solve manufacturing issues.great place to work.
Pros
Always Learning
Cons
A typicl Fun yet busy day
Corporate Services Facilities Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kildare13 June 2016
My typical day started at 6am when I would review the pass-down and system alarm log from the previous night shift. this would help me identify potential issues that needed immediate attention i.e. be it safety, quality or system issues. At 7am I would meet with the shift technicians i.e. those starting and finishing and review the pass-down. I would use this to ask questions about certain issues that I identified as priority. Once this meeting ended I would review the PM schedule with the technicians starting and if necessary change the schedule and work allocation based on priority issues.
At 8am I would hold a meeting with the Area manage, system engineers and contractors. At this meeting we would discuss any safety issues, major issues passed down from shift and changes to the planned schedule for that day, review the alarm log and any redundancy risks we had with our systems and the plans to eliminate that risk and the timelines to complete the required work.
9am was the higher level meeting with the department manager and all the area managers. Once again safety was the first topic of discussion followed by any major issues that were affecting any of the various departments and what action plans were in place to address and the expected completion date.
once these meeting were completed my day would be spent traversing the site checking on all work that was being completed by the technicians ensuring everything was being done in a safe manner and helping them with any issues to the best of my ability. During these walks i would carry out safety audits of the areas
  more... i passed through, identifying issues and escalating to the relevant owner.
I would have meetings with the maintenance scheduler to ensure all upcoming work for the week ahead was on schedule and we had the required resources to complete and if work had to be deferred due to priority issue i would include the relevant system owner in this meeting. Also engaging contractors if the issue required their support to correct.
The rest of my day would include running reports on what corrective maintenance issues were still open, who needed to close the CM be it technician or contractor, checking on technician participation in safety and quality initiatives, checking that the correct technician hours were logged for activities completed, reviewing spare part orders and approving and following up on ETA's for active open orders.
In between these activities i would meet with the technicians, engineers and contractors during the day for short breaks for some down time and general chats.
Pros
Kept busy, free tea + coffee
Cons
On call 24/7
Shift Process Engineer
Shift Engineer, Cross Module Support Group (Former Employee) –  Kildare6 April 2015
Regular monitoring and optimisation of tool and process performance.
Data extraction and statistical data analysis (SAS JMP and Excel)
Level 3 trained on DNS FC3000 toolset and heavy exposure to ployflow tools.
Maintenance planning and maintenance team management when on shift.
Identified process improvement in relation to tool downtime as a result of reoccurring tool alarms. Achieved through development of a new report by highlighting the top hitters. This resulted in a reduction of tool downtime of over 10%.
Held shift responsibility in qualifying new tools and making sure correct recipes and documentation were being used at all times and adhering to strict timelines. Part of bringing some tools in ahead of schedule resulting in massive savings for the factory.
Technical writing which included SPECs and Work Order checklists.
World’s largest semiconductor manufacturer
Product Planner(Supply chain specialist) (Former Employee) –  Kildare, Ireland15 November 2012
My responsibilities included:

• Use and maintenance of planning and shop floor systems, monitoring various aspects of individual product health (wafer starts, outs, yields)
• Responsible for related production control functions for Fab and Sort (wafer starts, setting schedules, expediting, etc).
• Use of locally developed decision support systems (WISDOM)
• Ensuring WIP (work in progress) movements supports committed schedules.
• Develop recovery strategies as needed and coordinate resolutions to product support issues.
• Management of inventory and WIP, including “what if” analysis.
• Participation in cross-site functional teams.
• Presentation and reporting of factory performance data.
• Interface and communication with manufacturing, engineering, A/T, and Division.
• Training/transfer of knowledge and development of training materials.

The nature of the work required strong interpersonal skills, knowledge and working experience with Intel’s products, manufacturing operations and customers. Analytical, communication & customer support skills. Detail oriented and work as part of a team.