Intel

Intel Employee Reviews for Equipment Technician

Great benefits and shift pattern with lots of training opportunities. Work place is stressful and fast paced so being able to consolidate new skills can be difficult to achieve. Direct manager was good to work for, promotion within 2 years and felt like I made a difference but stress could be tiring.
Pros
Great benefits, learning opportunities and good shift pattern
Cons
Great stress
The Intel blue badge employees think that they are above all else. Poor management and business practices. The Intel blue badge employees are just out of college and university they think that is real life
Pleasant work environment. Best for Work life balance. Very professional and Safe Environment. Rewards and recognitions Companys Shares and Bonus are good.
Pros
Best place to work
Cons
long shift hours Days & Nights.
I worked there for 23.5 years, and in that time I gained many skills. I enjoyed all the social activities, and training and upskilling opportunities. I got on well with most co-workers. The hardest part was keeping up with multiple proactive expectations. The most enjoyable part was work/life effectiveness.
Pros
Free meals, recognition awards, onsite games room and gym.
Cons
Early morning start.
Challenging rewarding fast-paced place to work. Competitive pay, good benefits, management depended on the individual manager, some were great, some not so great. The same could be said for my peers, but in general they were good people. Hardest part of the job was the hours, I worked long shifts, but they were compensated for with lots of time off, great vacation time given.
Gained a lot of manufacturing experience as an operator and further developed into the role of equipment technician.