Intel

Intel Employee Reviews for Manufacturing Technician

Found 16 reviews matching the search See all 4,705 reviews
Dont waste your time
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare14 June 2019
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WORKING FOR INTEL,

They don't care at all about you. the company has a great image outside. looks can be deceiving! the company is rotten to its core on the inside.

I don't think the engineers and managers or any of the higher ups of this place understand how hard the manufacturing techs work.
we are over worked and underpaid, Dont get long enough breaks, the company doesn't look at all the good work you do, the company crucifies you if you make a slight small mistake.

Promotions are basically non existent, my manager at the place took him 21 years to become a manager...a shift manager at that, and he looked so chuffed and happy. 21 years...to become a shift manager...that's not a win that's a sad loss at life

Typical day as a manufacturing tech starts of with getting a passdown...which is supposed to be the managers and engineers job. the company structure is so poor it makes me sad for leaving my previous job prier to working at intel. after passdown you check everything you'll be working on for the day, the engineers and managers think you have unlimited energy and just make decisions to add more work and change the game plans all the time. and if you miss it because THEY NEVER give you heads up, if you miss it then you are going to be in the firing line.

the engineers and managers are so rude and expect the impossible, so bad that I one time soiled my self because I couldn't leave the fab for a short toilet break, its a disrespectful and apolloing place to work.

I left because it wasnt worth my time, effort, and the humiliation
  more... to be working for such a horrible, god forsaken, rotten to its core, untrustworthy company. they pride themselves in putting customers first, that's a lie! they don't care about the customers, as long as they can line up there pockets with big profits and getting the little guy (manufacturing techs) to do all the hard work.  less
Pros
None, I worked with people who have been there for 25 years in the same position
Cons
everything bad you can imagine, where does the chemical waste go? how they treat employes, promotions are non existent, you can get a better paying job where they care about you with a different company.
Intel on paper was the ideal position
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Leixlip30 May 2019
Intel on paper was the ideal position. However, in practice you are pushed to meet commitments but everyone is very quick to push you under a bus to make themselves look good... Especially management
Pros
Time Off
Toxic environment
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare13 December 2018
Awful place to work. Culture is absolutely awful. People take credit for others ideas an a blame culture is extremely obvious. Technicians are looked down upon by engineers and very little credit is given for their expertise. The amount of arrogant and incompetent people in this company is staggering even though I got to work in a decent group. Management is awful, no thinking goes into their decisions due to shocking arrogance. No training plan you own your own training. Career progression for a technician is non existent. You can move sideways. If you move into an engineering position which usually takes about 12 years you take a big pay cut due to loss of shift. Toxic company full of awful people. Can't leave anything on your desk as it will be stolen. To make it anywhere in this place you have to "play the game" which is awful.
Pros
Decent pay due to shift allowance
Cons
Management, culture, canteen is expensive and poor quality, shift pattern takes over your life, no progression
Relaxed, fun place to work.
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare31 July 2018
Every day at work is different, you never completely know what you're coming into. The work force is incredibly diverse, this forces you to talk to/learn from people that are from many different countries.

We manage to provide high output without compromising quality and safety, but certain areas could definitely be done with better management. In a company as large as Intel, you need someone in your corner.
Pros
Paid vacation, healthcare, bonuses and free gym on site
Cons
Poor management
productive
Maintenance and Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Kildare8 June 2018
Great company for salary and benefits, but ultimately just a number. Wage discrepancies between the same job level are vast and the shift calander means you never get a full weekend to yourself.
Fantastic company to work for
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Leixlip13 April 2018
Loved it miss it and would love to go back . Long days at work Training is great buddy system in place to make sure your trained correctly . Learned Loads ...Management can be a bit I love Intel at times but generally nice and fair as can be ....great work place culture open door policy with Managers and ...hardest pard doing 12 hr shifts but you get used to it ...most enjoyable part great money and benefits ...and nice clean environment to work in Facilities great
Pros
Great Money
Cons
Can be sweaty in Gore suits
good place to work
good place to work, had a very good time working for Intel started from operations to maintenance and had to g couple of times to the US for training and the best time, but was made redundant with 1200 other persons.
Pros
good work atic
Cons
no cons on this job
It's a good place to work
L2 Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare10 October 2017
It's a employee friendly company. They really care with their employees if you're a blue badge. But unluckily I'm working for westerwood global don't have those benefits. Hopefully I will be given a chance to work direct to them and become a blue badge.
Great company
can be extremely stressful - but good challenging work, i very much enjoyed
good opportunities to grow within the company, regular bonuses - medical cover, pension, life insurance, social groups -
Pros
good regular bonuses
Cons
work life balance - long hours
Fun
Graduate Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Ireland27 July 2017
Good place to work. Management is very good. They are always willing to help and support you in every way. I do shift work. each shift is 12 hours long.
Big company, nice atmosphere.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare18 July 2017
Intel is a big company producing semi-conductor processors.
It is a slow moving work environment.
The people working there are nice.
It is a big work environment.
Pros
Nice atmosphere.
Cons
Slow moving work environment.
A Place where Only the Toughest Survive.
Manufacturing TECHNICIAN - FAB24 (Former Employee) –  Leixslip, County Kildare.12 June 2017
I Worked there for Ten Years.
Inside the FAB , Looks Like a Borg Spaceship.
Goal Driven.
Results Orientated.
Worked to Exhaustion.
Long Anti-Social Hours.
Very Good Pay and Benefits.
Rules for Everything which must be followed to the Letter.
Life in Intel is like being in the US Army.
Watch out for ERT.
Eyes Everywhere watching You.
Everyone is out to get you.
Your "Friends" are not your Friends.
Worked under Yellow Light in a Spacesuit.
Pros
Pay and Benifits
Cons
Long Anti Social Hours.
Production driven environment
Manufacturing Technician Equipment (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare11 January 2017
Business where product is the priority with a culture that is supposed to be employee biased.
Burnout rate is high for graduate employees
Skills are not utilised enough
Advancement is difficult and workload increases
Cons
Complex shift working but plannable offtime can be done
intel Ireland
Manufacturing Area Technician (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare29 September 2016
Typical working day, although you activities may be structured and planned you never know what will meet you at the beginning of the day. you definitely felt you were a part of a team, all level pulling in the same direction.
Busy and productive work place.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Leixlip12 May 2016
I daily work with automated machinery. I am part of a safety team. I lead, I communicate and co-ordinate daily with machine technicians and engineers and remote operations technicians .