Intel
Coronavirus update

Intel Employee Reviews for Manufacturing Technician

Manufacturing Technician18 reviews
Ireland18 reviews
Lots of services provided. Friendly and motivated staff members. Always had a task to complete, enjoyable. Workplace culture was fantastic, would definitely recommend
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WORKING FOR INTEL, They don't care at all about you. the company has a great image outside. looks can be deceiving! the company is rotten to its core on the inside. I don't think the engineers and managers or any of the higher ups of this place understand how hard the manufacturing techs work. we are over worked and underpaid, Dont get long enough breaks, the company doesn't look at all the good work you do, the company crucifies you if you make a slight small mistake. Promotions are basically non existent, my manager at the place took him 21 years to become a manager...a shift manager at that, and he looked so chuffed and happy. 21 years...to become a shift manager...that's not a win that's a sad loss at life Typical day as a manufacturing tech starts of with getting a passdown...which is supposed to be the managers and engineers job. the company structure is so poor it makes me sad for leaving my previous job prier to working at intel. after passdown you check everything you'll be working on for the day, the engineers and managers think you have unlimited energy and just make decisions to add more work and change the game plans all the time. and if you miss it because THEY NEVER give you heads up, if you miss it then you are going to be in the firing line. the engineers and managers are so rude and expect the impossible, so bad that I one time soiled my self because I couldn't leave the fab for a short toilet break, its a disrespectful and apolloing place to work. I left because it wasnt worth my time, effort, and the humiliation - more...
Pros
None, I worked with people who have been there for 25 years in the same position
Cons
everything bad you can imagine, where does the chemical waste go? how they treat employes, promotions are non existent, you can get a better paying job where they care about you with a different company.
Intel on paper was the ideal position. However, in practice you are pushed to meet commitments but everyone is very quick to push you under a bus to make themselves look good... Especially management
Pros
Time Off
Cons
Awful place to work. Culture is absolutely awful. People take credit for others ideas an a blame culture is extremely obvious. Technicians are looked down upon by engineers and very little credit is given for their expertise. The amount of arrogant and incompetent people in this company is staggering even though I got to work in a decent group. Management is awful, no thinking goes into their decisions due to shocking arrogance. No training plan you own your own training. Career progression for a technician is non existent. You can move sideways. If you move into an engineering position which usually takes about 12 years you take a big pay cut due to loss of shift. Toxic company full of awful people. Can't leave anything on your desk as it will be stolen. To make it anywhere in this place you have to "play the game" which is awful.
Pros
Decent pay due to shift allowance
Cons
Management, culture, canteen is expensive and poor quality, shift pattern takes over your life, no progression
Worked in Intel Ireland Site Enjoyed the job, lovely people especially in Ireland, great benefits with the job and a pension scheme. The continental shifts can be a pain if your not used to them but over all good company to work for.
Pros
Great Benefits and lifestyle
Cons
Continental Shifts
Every day at work is different, you never completely know what you're coming into. The work force is incredibly diverse, this forces you to talk to/learn from people that are from many different countries. We manage to provide high output without compromising quality and safety, but certain areas could definitely be done with better management. In a company as large as Intel, you need someone in your corner.
Pros
Paid vacation, healthcare, bonuses and free gym on site
Cons
Poor management
Great company for salary and benefits, but ultimately just a number. Wage discrepancies between the same job level are vast and the shift calander means you never get a full weekend to yourself.
Loved it miss it and would love to go back . Long days at work Training is great buddy system in place to make sure your trained correctly . Learned Loads ...Management can be a bit I love Intel at times but generally nice and fair as can be ....great work place culture open door policy with Managers and ...hardest pard doing 12 hr shifts but you get used to it ...most enjoyable part great money and benefits ...and nice clean environment to work in Facilities great
Pros
Great Money
Cons
Can be sweaty in Gore suits
good place to work, had a very good time working for Intel started from operations to maintenance and had to g couple of times to the US for training and the best time, but was made redundant with 1200 other persons.
Pros
good work atic
Cons
no cons on this job
It's a employee friendly company. They really care with their employees if you're a blue badge. But unluckily I'm working for westerwood global don't have those benefits. Hopefully I will be given a chance to work direct to them and become a blue badge.
can be extremely stressful - but good challenging work, i very much enjoyed good opportunities to grow within the company, regular bonuses - medical cover, pension, life insurance, social groups -
Pros
good regular bonuses
Cons
work life balance - long hours
Good place to work. Management is very good. They are always willing to help and support you in every way. I do shift work. each shift is 12 hours long.
Intel is a big company producing semi-conductor processors. It is a slow moving work environment. The people working there are nice. It is a big work environment.
Pros
Nice atmosphere.
Cons
Slow moving work environment.
I Worked there for Ten Years. Inside the FAB , Looks Like a Borg Spaceship. Goal Driven. Results Orientated. Worked to Exhaustion. Long Anti-Social Hours. Very Good Pay and Benefits. Rules for Everything which must be followed to the Letter. Life in Intel is like being in the US Army. Watch out for ERT. Eyes Everywhere watching You. Everyone is out to get you. Your "Friends" are not your Friends. Worked under Yellow Light in a Spacesuit.
Pros
Pay and Benifits
Cons
Long Anti Social Hours.
Business where product is the priority with a culture that is supposed to be employee biased. Burnout rate is high for graduate employees Skills are not utilised enough Advancement is difficult and workload increases
Cons
Complex shift working but plannable offtime can be done
Typical working day, although you activities may be structured and planned you never know what will meet you at the beginning of the day. you definitely felt you were a part of a team, all level pulling in the same direction.
I daily work with automated machinery. I am part of a safety team. I lead, I communicate and co-ordinate daily with machine technicians and engineers and remote operations technicians .
Daily duties within this high volume manufacturing cleanroom included: Hands on experience of electronic components and boards/drivers/motors/robotics/vacuum chambers/pumps and exhausts/pneumatics/Industrial water filters and flow systems/toxic gases and chemicals control/process data analysis/statistical process control/life safety systems. Scheduled and unscheduled hands on mechanical and electronic troubleshooting of complex machinery, sub systems and components using structured problem solving methodologies. Strip down and rebuild of complex manufacturing tooling and components precisely. Responsibility for machine performance and “up time” (availability required). Responsibility for implementation of technical and lean manufacturing improvements. Developing, testing and documenting production equipment changes and improvement projects. Planning and execution of maintenance tasks including preventative maintenance routines, calibrations, shutdown work, investigations and observations.
Pros
Shift allowance
Cons
Rotating day/night shift