Intel
Intel Employee Review

A typicl Fun yet busy day

13 June 2016
My typical day started at 6am when I would review the pass-down and system alarm log from the previous night shift. this would help me identify potential issues that needed immediate attention i.e. be it safety, quality or system issues. At 7am I would meet with the shift technicians i.e. those starting and finishing and review the pass-down. I would use this to ask questions about certain issues that I identified as priority. Once this meeting ended I would review the PM schedule with the technicians starting and if necessary change the schedule and work allocation based on priority issues.
At 8am I would hold a meeting with the Area manage, system engineers and contractors. At this meeting we would discuss any safety issues, major issues passed down from shift and changes to the planned schedule for that day, review the alarm log and any redundancy risks we had with our systems and the plans to eliminate that risk and the timelines to complete the required work.

9am was the higher level meeting with the department manager and all the area managers. Once again safety was the first topic of discussion followed by any major issues that were affecting any of the various departments and what action plans were in place to address and the expected completion date.

once these meeting were completed my day would be spent traversing the site checking on all work that was being completed by the technicians ensuring everything was being done in a safe manner and helping them with any issues to the best of my ability. During these walks i would carry out safety audits of the areas
 - more...
Pros
Kept busy, free tea + coffee
Cons
On call 24/7
21 August 2019
Cross Module Support (Former Employee) - Kildare
Day to day work is very detail driven as would be expected. This is not suited to everyone.
Anything you don't know going in will be taught to you. Anything you did know going in will be re-taught to you the intel way.

Some aspects of working in intel can be amazing and the information, technology and knowledge you have to work with is second to none, however, there is also a lot of repetition and documentation to content with.

As with any corporation of intels size there is a constant stream of meetings and red tape to contend with, and innovation will either be encouraged or completely snuffed out depending on the departments management culture.

Like any work place, there are pro's and con's, if you just make the most of what you can, do your work and go home the pro's should out weight the cons.
Pros
BIK health care package and stock options.
Cons
lack of accountability for well known management culture in some departments
8 June 2018
Maintenance and Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) - Kildare
Great company for salary and benefits, but ultimately just a number. Wage discrepancies between the same job level are vast and the shift calander means you never get a full weekend to yourself.
6 January 2018
Process Technician and Diffusion Area (Former Employee) - Kildare
The 11 years there where the education I needed to be the best at what I do. If not for the politics and management fight to the get too the top. I could not say a bad word about the place.