Intel

Intel Employee Review

A typicl Fun yet busy day
Corporate Services Facilities Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kildare13 June 2016
My typical day started at 6am when I would review the pass-down and system alarm log from the previous night shift. this would help me identify potential issues that needed immediate attention i.e. be it safety, quality or system issues. At 7am I would meet with the shift technicians i.e. those starting and finishing and review the pass-down. I would use this to ask questions about certain issues that I identified as priority. Once this meeting ended I would review the PM schedule with the technicians starting and if necessary change the schedule and work allocation based on priority issues.
At 8am I would hold a meeting with the Area manage, system engineers and contractors. At this meeting we would discuss any safety issues, major issues passed down from shift and changes to the planned schedule for that day, review the alarm log and any redundancy risks we had with our systems and the plans to eliminate that risk and the timelines to complete the required work.
9am was the higher level meeting with the department manager and all the area managers. Once again safety was the first topic of discussion followed by any major issues that were affecting any of the various departments and what action plans were in place to address and the expected completion date.
once these meeting were completed my day would be spent traversing the site checking on all work that was being completed by the technicians ensuring everything was being done in a safe manner and helping them with any issues to the best of my ability. During these walks i would carry out safety audits of the areas
  more... i passed through, identifying issues and escalating to the relevant owner.
I would have meetings with the maintenance scheduler to ensure all upcoming work for the week ahead was on schedule and we had the required resources to complete and if work had to be deferred due to priority issue i would include the relevant system owner in this meeting. Also engaging contractors if the issue required their support to correct.
The rest of my day would include running reports on what corrective maintenance issues were still open, who needed to close the CM be it technician or contractor, checking on technician participation in safety and quality initiatives, checking that the correct technician hours were logged for activities completed, reviewing spare part orders and approving and following up on ETA's for active open orders.
In between these activities i would meet with the technicians, engineers and contractors during the day for short breaks for some down time and general chats.
Pros
Kept busy, free tea + coffee
Cons
On call 24/7

Other Intel Employee Reviews

Best place on the world to work
Firmware Developer (Current Employee) –  Shannon, County Clare10 February 2020
Dream job and as an individual everyone can explore more possibilities.
Excellent work ethics.
Transparency in communication.
Value the opinion.
Good support from manager level
Process/Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ireland10 February 2020
Good place to work with good support from team members. Benefits and conditions in work are of a very high standard. Work Life Balance is not enough of a priority here though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intel. Our community is ready to answer.

52K