Intel
Intel Employee Review

A Place where Only the Toughest Survive.

12 June 2017
I Worked there for Ten Years. Inside the FAB , Looks Like a Borg Spaceship. Goal Driven. Results Orientated. Worked to Exhaustion. Long Anti-Social Hours. Very Good Pay and Benefits. Rules for Everything which must be followed to the Letter. Life in Intel is like being in the US Army. Watch out for ERT. Eyes Everywhere watching You. Everyone is out to get you. Your "Friends" are not your Friends. Worked under Yellow Light in a Spacesuit.
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Pay and Benifits
Cons
Long Anti Social Hours.
4 March 2020
Manufacturing technician (Former Employee) - Leixlip, County Kildare
Lots of services provided. Friendly and motivated staff members. Always had a task to complete, enjoyable. Workplace culture was fantastic, would definitely recommend
14 June 2019
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) - Leixlip, County Kildare
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WORKING FOR INTEL, They don't care at all about you. the company has a great image outside. looks can be deceiving! the company is rotten to its core on the inside. I don't think the engineers and managers or any of the higher ups of this place understand how hard the manufacturing techs work. we are over worked and underpaid, Dont get long enough breaks, the company doesn't look at all the good work you do, the company crucifies you if you make a slight small mistake. Promotions are basically non existent, my manager at the place took him 21 years to become a manager...a shift manager at that, and he looked so chuffed and happy. 21 years...to become a shift manager...that's not a win that's a sad loss at life Typical day as a manufacturing tech starts of with getting a passdown...which is supposed to be the managers and engineers job. the company structure is so poor it makes me sad for leaving my previous job prier to working at intel. after passdown you check everything you'll be working on for the day, the engineers and managers think you have unlimited energy and just make decisions to add more work and change the game plans all the time. and if you miss it because THEY NEVER give you heads up, if you miss it then you are going to be in the firing line. the engineers and managers are so rude and expect the impossible, so bad that I one time soiled my self because I couldn't leave the fab for a short toilet break, its a disrespectful and apolloing place to work. I left because it wasnt worth my time, effort, and the humiliation - more...
Pros
None, I worked with people who have been there for 25 years in the same position
Cons
everything bad you can imagine, where does the chemical waste go? how they treat employes, promotions are non existent, you can get a better paying job where they care about you with a different company.
30 May 2019
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) - Leixlip
Intel on paper was the ideal position. However, in practice you are pushed to meet commitments but everyone is very quick to push you under a bus to make themselves look good... Especially management
Pros
Time Off
Cons
  1. A Place where Only the Toughest Survive.