Intel

Process Engineer and shift team leader (Current Employee) –  IE9 December 2016
fast paced work environment
provides experience in troubleshooting
shift work
has pension, pay and healthcare
little to no work life balance
Software Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare3 November 2016
Working on exciting new stuff. Helpfull people, lot of support for employee development. Eight hour working day would usualy start with scrum meeting when we would explain what we did the previous day and agree what to work on that day. I was working mostly in Python and C, sometimes with hardware as well. Best part of the job was learning new things.
Exciting and challenging.
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  IE11 October 2016
I worked there for 23.5 years, and in that time I gained many skills.
I enjoyed all the social activities, and training and upskilling opportunities.
I got on well with most co-workers.
The hardest part was keeping up with multiple proactive expectations.
The most enjoyable part was work/life effectiveness.
Pros
Free meals, recognition awards, onsite games room and gym.
Cons
Early morning start.
intel Ireland
Manufacturing Area Technician (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare29 September 2016
Typical working day, although you activities may be structured and planned you never know what will meet you at the beginning of the day. you definitely felt you were a part of a team, all level pulling in the same direction.
Challenging and stimulating workplace
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, Co.Kildare11 August 2016
I found Intel to be a very good employer, their top priority in any task performed is Safety, they care about their employee's, this also applies to their dedication in trying to perfect the Work/Life balance.
Their T-Comp(Total Compensation) is good within the industry.
Pros
Stable and secure job, good emplyer/employee relationship
Cons
Long Hours
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare9 August 2016
Lots of opportunities to develop a career, and also travel to other sites in what is a global company. Good pay and benefits packages.
Excellent Company, great experience
Hiring and Integration Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare28 July 2016
Great facilities, opportunities for training and development - a really great place to work. Challenging but rewarding environment with excellent culture. Clear strategic directions and linkages at all in the organisation.
Pros
Excellent development opportunities
Cons
Challenging work environment
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare21 July 2016
Intel is a great company with great benefits would recommend working here to anyone. Management is solid and safety is first class.
fun, employee orinentated, goal driven,
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Leixip, Co. Kildare29 June 2016
• Scheduling and execution of maintenance on toolset, co-ordinate with engineers/tool owners and technicians action to be taken post data point analysis.
• Learned about semi-conductor industry and importance of clean room environment. Adherence to strict protocol and RFC (response flow chart)
• Adopting to work environment, learning the process of the tool
• Got on really well with co-workers great bunch of lads
• Being part of efficient and diverse company that really care about their staff
Pros
health insurance, games room, free fruit, training (vendor trip)
Cons
night shift, long hours
A typicl Fun yet busy day
Corporate Services Facilities Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kildare13 June 2016
My typical day started at 6am when I would review the pass-down and system alarm log from the previous night shift. this would help me identify potential issues that needed immediate attention i.e. be it safety, quality or system issues. At 7am I would meet with the shift technicians i.e. those starting and finishing and review the pass-down. I would use this to ask questions about certain issues that I identified as priority. Once this meeting ended I would review the PM schedule with the technicians starting and if necessary change the schedule and work allocation based on priority issues.
At 8am I would hold a meeting with the Area manage, system engineers and contractors. At this meeting we would discuss any safety issues, major issues passed down from shift and changes to the planned schedule for that day, review the alarm log and any redundancy risks we had with our systems and the plans to eliminate that risk and the timelines to complete the required work.
9am was the higher level meeting with the department manager and all the area managers. Once again safety was the first topic of discussion followed by any major issues that were affecting any of the various departments and what action plans were in place to address and the expected completion date.
once these meeting were completed my day would be spent traversing the site checking on all work that was being completed by the technicians ensuring everything was being done in a safe manner and helping them with any issues to the best of my ability. During these walks i would carry out safety audits of the areas
  more... i passed through, identifying issues and escalating to the relevant owner.
I would have meetings with the maintenance scheduler to ensure all upcoming work for the week ahead was on schedule and we had the required resources to complete and if work had to be deferred due to priority issue i would include the relevant system owner in this meeting. Also engaging contractors if the issue required their support to correct.
The rest of my day would include running reports on what corrective maintenance issues were still open, who needed to close the CM be it technician or contractor, checking on technician participation in safety and quality initiatives, checking that the correct technician hours were logged for activities completed, reviewing spare part orders and approving and following up on ETA's for active open orders.
In between these activities i would meet with the technicians, engineers and contractors during the day for short breaks for some down time and general chats.
Pros
Kept busy, free tea + coffee
Cons
On call 24/7
Productive and structured
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin23 May 2016
Productive and structured company who look after employees very well whilst setting very high level expectations for individual performance
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours expectation
Interesting workplace, not fantastic job
Photolithography Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare19 May 2016
The environment is really good and interesting, Intel Ireland is manufacturing the most advanced micro-processor in the world, really challenging. Co-workers are nice and willing to help.
You really learn how to dial with people. It takes a little while to improve your technical skills.
Pros
flexibility, benefits, possibility to travel
Cons
long hours, working on weekends, working under pressure
Busy and productive work place.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Leixlip12 May 2016
I daily work with automated machinery. I am part of a safety team. I lead, I communicate and co-ordinate daily with machine technicians and engineers and remote operations technicians .
Ask a lot of you on a day to day basis
Cluster Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare1 March 2016
Work there for 10 years and when you get over the shift days and nights you will work well in your area. There is a lot asked of you when hitting targets which can be very challenging. Salary and benefits are good with and great Gym.
Pros
Salary and benefits are good
Cons
Lots asked of you every day sometimes hard to get help everyone is busy
Challenging rewarding workplace with fantastic people.
Product Development Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Shannon, CE15 October 2015
Challenging rewarding work.
Constant opportunity for learning, self improvement and advancement.
Friendly and helpful co-workers.
Great environment to work in.
Good company to advance your career
Intern, ASIC Physical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Co.Clare30 July 2015
You get a lot to learn and it's enjoyable workplace to work in and very friendly and helpful co-workers. Intel offers many facilities like Gym, Health benefits and intel products discounts.
Pros
Free Coffee, Juice, Gym Facility and many other facilities
Cons
Too many meetings
productive and result driven place to work
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Leixlip7 April 2015
Start work at 7.30, job differs everyday regarding meeting deadlines, the work was good everyone was a team player, management was very good, the work had to be completed on time and done the right way or else it would fall back on the company. The work was double checked and sometimes triple checked to make sure it was up to standards.
Pros
Workmates, meeting deadlines, health and safety.
Cons
Stability of the job
Shift Process Engineer
Shift Engineer, Cross Module Support Group (Former Employee) –  Kildare6 April 2015
Regular monitoring and optimisation of tool and process performance.
Data extraction and statistical data analysis (SAS JMP and Excel)
Level 3 trained on DNS FC3000 toolset and heavy exposure to ployflow tools.
Maintenance planning and maintenance team management when on shift.
Identified process improvement in relation to tool downtime as a result of reoccurring tool alarms. Achieved through development of a new report by highlighting the top hitters. This resulted in a reduction of tool downtime of over 10%.
Held shift responsibility in qualifying new tools and making sure correct recipes and documentation were being used at all times and adhering to strict timelines. Part of bringing some tools in ahead of schedule resulting in massive savings for the factory.
Technical writing which included SPECs and Work Order checklists.
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, Ireland12 February 2015
Challenging rewarding fast-paced place to work. Competitive pay, good benefits, management depended on the individual manager, some were great, some not so great. The same could be said for my peers, but in general they were good people. Hardest part of the job was the hours, I worked long shifts, but they were compensated for with lots of time off, great vacation time given.
Ireland Program
Brand, Partner, Sales and Training Manager EMEA (Current Employee) –  Ireland8 October 2014
Manage several National Sales Initiatives and Programs, generating in excess of $10m per annum.
Work within a dynamic environment, manage multiple tasks and schedules. Drive for a flawless execution within tight deadlines. Build effective relationships in a cross-functional team and partner environment.
Sell, develop and grow profitable lines of business. Organise, attend and present at national events.
Manage the Customer Experience and Retention Program, ensure client/partner issues are driven to resolution.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intel. Our community is ready to answer.

52K