Intel
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Intel Employee Reviews

Ireland103 reviews
Great Place To Work
Intel is a fast paced, highly technical place to work.
Exciting and varied work.

Lots of opportunity to improve personally and professionally.

Work alone or as part of a multi-functional team
Pros
Free cold and hot drinks and fruit.
Cons
Long hours - oncall
I had 22 years of great working experience in Intel. I would recommend as a place to work. Intel has excellent training programs and look after their employees very well as far as work life balance.
Progressive technology company
Competitive working environment, continuous learning available. Working in teams to problem solve manufacturing issues.great place to work.
Pros
Always Learning
Cons
Great working environment with plenty of opportunities for advancement. Fantastic benefits with good long term prospects. Training is top class with options to travel abroad.
Pros
ample leave given
Cons
Shift work
Intel Dynamic
I found Intel to be a very dynamic place to work, very forward thinking and employees treated very well. Good benefits package and plenty of room for improvement.
Benefits
Cons
Huge
cutting edge technology, But back stabbing enviroment
Very high tech equipment, which is a good challenge, But always have to watch your back, with the cut throat work culture.
Management foster an apartheid culture between contractors and direct employees, which is disappointing.
Pros
cutting edge technology
Cons
cut throat work culture
Company looks after its employees. Great benefits. Work life balance with shift work is very beneficial. Skill improvements and personal development is encouraged
Pros
Gym / subsidised meals / health care
bardzo dobra atmosfera
Nie mam nic do zarzucenia.
- bardzo dobra firma,

- polecam wszystkim
Good place to start career
Intel is a good place to start your career.
However the shift rotation can be both demanding on your body and can be extremly frustrating as weekend work is a must.
Pros
Free Fruit
Cons
Weeknd work
Production driven environment
Business where product is the priority with a culture that is supposed to be employee biased.
Burnout rate is high for graduate employees

Skills are not utilised enough

Advancement is difficult and workload increases
Cons
Complex shift working but plannable offtime can be done
fast paced work environment
fast paced work environment
provides experience in troubleshooting

shift work

has pension, pay and healthcare

little to no work life balance
Working on exciting new stuff. Helpfull people, lot of support for employee development. Eight hour working day would usualy start with scrum meeting when we would explain what we did the previous day and agree what to work on that day. I was working mostly in Python and C, sometimes with hardware as well. Best part of the job was learning new things.
Exciting and challenging.
I worked there for 23.5 years, and in that time I gained many skills.
I enjoyed all the social activities, and training and upskilling opportunities.

I got on well with most co-workers.

The hardest part was keeping up with multiple proactive expectations.

The most enjoyable part was work/life effectiveness.
Pros
Free meals, recognition awards, onsite games room and gym.
Cons
Early morning start.
intel Ireland
Typical working day, although you activities may be structured and planned you never know what will meet you at the beginning of the day. you definitely felt you were a part of a team, all level pulling in the same direction.
Challenging and stimulating workplace
I found Intel to be a very good employer, their top priority in any task performed is Safety, they care about their employee's, this also applies to their dedication in trying to perfect the Work/Life balance.
Their T-Comp(Total Compensation) is good within the industry.
Pros
Stable and secure job, good emplyer/employee relationship
Cons
Long Hours
Lots of opportunities to develop a career, and also travel to other sites in what is a global company. Good pay and benefits packages.
Excellent Company, great experience
Great facilities, opportunities for training and development - a really great place to work. Challenging but rewarding environment with excellent culture. Clear strategic directions and linkages at all in the organisation.
Pros
Excellent development opportunities
Cons
Challenging work environment
Intel is a great company with great benefits would recommend working here to anyone. Management is solid and safety is first class.
fun, employee orinentated, goal driven,
• Scheduling and execution of maintenance on toolset, co-ordinate with engineers/tool owners and technicians action to be taken post data point analysis.
• Learned about semi-conductor industry and importance of clean room environment. Adherence to strict protocol and RFC (response flow chart)

• Adopting to work environment, learning the process of the tool

• Got on really well with co-workers great bunch of lads

• Being part of efficient and diverse company that really care about their staff
Pros
health insurance, games room, free fruit, training (vendor trip)
Cons
night shift, long hours
A typicl Fun yet busy day
My typical day started at 6am when I would review the pass-down and system alarm log from the previous night shift. this would help me identify potential issues that needed immediate attention i.e. be it safety, quality or system issues. At 7am I would meet with the shift technicians i.e. those starting and finishing and review the pass-down. I would use this to ask questions about certain issues that I identified as priority. Once this meeting ended I would review the PM schedule with the technicians starting and if necessary change the schedule and work allocation based on priority issues.
At 8am I would hold a meeting with the Area manage, system engineers and contractors. At this meeting we would discuss any safety issues, major issues passed down from shift and changes to the planned schedule for that day, review the alarm log and any redundancy risks we had with our systems and the plans to eliminate that risk and the timelines to complete the required work.

9am was the higher level meeting with the department manager and all the area managers. Once again safety was the first topic of discussion followed by any major issues that were affecting any of the various departments and what action plans were in place to address and the expected completion date.

once these meeting were completed my day would be spent traversing the site checking on all work that was being completed by the technicians ensuring everything was being done in a safe manner and helping them with any issues to the best of my ability. During these walks i would carry out safety audits of the areas
 - more...
Pros
Kept busy, free tea + coffee
Cons
On call 24/7
Productive and structured
Productive and structured company who look after employees very well whilst setting very high level expectations for individual performance
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours expectation