Intel

Intel Employee Reviews

Found 89 reviews matching the search See all 4,709 reviews
working
Equipment engineer /process coordinator (Former Employee) –  leixlip Ireland14 May 2014
Usually I plan the next days work schedule the previous day but as we all know there are some unforeseen problems that occur , so i try and plan as much as I can for these which is why you are always taking things onboard as each day is different . I have always built up a good rapport with people who I work with but not to the stage of being over familiar and respect is both given and gained . I see nothing hard about the positions i have held as i tend to plan , and this takes away most problems encountered. Seeing projects completed on time is a most enjoyable experience
Pros
moving from place to place
Cons
moving from place to place
Intel was a very rewarding place to work.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, KE26 March 2014
Intel was a very enjoyable place to work. Worked started with a morning meeting informing everyone of what had gone on, on the previous shift and arranging what had to be done for the day. Everyone knew what was expected of them .Team leaders and supervisors were very approachable if there were any issues that anyone needed help with. I always found people easy to work with and as a company they always encouraged personal development and there were many opportunities for people to excel. Beside the technical skills I learnt while working there I also learnt a lot about team building and working together to achieve goals. Personally I didn't mind the shift work, although it was harder back then to get in and out of work.
Pros
Good fair working conditions.
Cons
Was hard for people to get childcare.
Fun, Relative work experience, Challenging.
Platform Application Engineer CO-OP student (Former Employee) –  Shannon, Co Clare18 February 2014
I worked as a member on the Platform applications engineer. Duties included constructing demos, setting up and testing customer reference boards in a laboratory. Installing OS, installing peripherals, debugging.
Working in a team based environment.
Encouragement for developing skills.
Excellent management and mentoring.
Start January 2011 - End September 2011
Pros
Supplement prices for lunches, Games room, clubs and societies, intern program
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Maintenance Engineer (Sputter/Adhesion Tool Sets) (Former Employee) –  Leixlip4 February 2014
Everything was new for me as it is western country but i managed it vwery well. working environment was new but very quickly i adopted to it.
Pros
Good pay, Transparent management, good working culture
Cons
12 hour long shift
Gptw
System Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  M0720 September 2013
Enjoying the work over here. Nice team-mates. Good managers.
Good company to work for
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, KE21 August 2013
Gained a lot of manufacturing experience as an operator and further developed into the role of equipment technician.
Great flexibility
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, KE23 June 2013
Great flexibility when it comes to working hours and working from home
World’s largest semiconductor manufacturer
Product Planner(Supply chain specialist) (Former Employee) –  Kildare, Ireland15 November 2012
My responsibilities included:

• Use and maintenance of planning and shop floor systems, monitoring various aspects of individual product health (wafer starts, outs, yields)
• Responsible for related production control functions for Fab and Sort (wafer starts, setting schedules, expediting, etc).
• Use of locally developed decision support systems (WISDOM)
• Ensuring WIP (work in progress) movements supports committed schedules.
• Develop recovery strategies as needed and coordinate resolutions to product support issues.
• Management of inventory and WIP, including “what if” analysis.
• Participation in cross-site functional teams.
• Presentation and reporting of factory performance data.
• Interface and communication with manufacturing, engineering, A/T, and Division.
• Training/transfer of knowledge and development of training materials.

The nature of the work required strong interpersonal skills, knowledge and working experience with Intel’s products, manufacturing operations and customers. Analytical, communication & customer support skills. Detail oriented and work as part of a team.