Intel
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Intel Employee Reviews

Ireland103 reviews
Great Place To Work
Intel is a fast paced, highly technical place to work.
Exciting and varied work.

Lots of opportunity to improve personally and professionally.

Work alone or as part of a multi-functional team
Pros
Free cold and hot drinks and fruit.
Cons
Long hours - oncall
Interesting workplace, not fantastic job
The environment is really good and interesting, Intel Ireland is manufacturing the most advanced micro-processor in the world, really challenging. Co-workers are nice and willing to help.
You really learn how to dial with people. It takes a little while to improve your technical skills.
Pros
flexibility, benefits, possibility to travel
Cons
long hours, working on weekends, working under pressure
Busy and productive work place.
I daily work with automated machinery. I am part of a safety team. I lead, I communicate and co-ordinate daily with machine technicians and engineers and remote operations technicians .
Ask a lot of you on a day to day basis
Work there for 10 years and when you get over the shift days and nights you will work well in your area. There is a lot asked of you when hitting targets which can be very challenging. Salary and benefits are good with and great Gym.
Pros
Salary and benefits are good
Cons
Lots asked of you every day sometimes hard to get help everyone is busy
Genuine interest in the core business of semiconductor. Top priority to employee and customize support for the motivated and worthy one.
Terrible and alien place to work
People I worked with during my time on shift were certainly not team players and used others as scape goats for their errors during radicle moves. Very cut throat and typical American culture rubbish... i hated every second in there....
Pros
Cons
too many to mention
Enjoyable experience
Enjoyable place to work can be trying at times.
Huge amount of growth and development.

Excellent people to work along side.

Excellent management always looked after.

Hardest part of the job would be the politics that comes with working in such a big company.
Pros
cafateria, gym, nice environment
Cons
long hours, politics
Challenging rewarding workplace with fantastic people.
Challenging rewarding work.
Constant opportunity for learning, self improvement and advancement.

Friendly and helpful co-workers.

Great environment to work in.
Good company to advance your career
You get a lot to learn and it's enjoyable workplace to work in and very friendly and helpful co-workers. Intel offers many facilities like Gym, Health benefits and intel products discounts.
Pros
Free Coffee, Juice, Gym Facility and many other facilities
Cons
Too many meetings
Multi skilled hands on requirements as part of shift team
Daily duties within this high volume manufacturing cleanroom included:

Hands on experience of electronic components and boards/drivers/motors/robotics/vacuum chambers/pumps and exhausts/pneumatics/Industrial water filters and flow systems/toxic gases and chemicals control/process data analysis/statistical process control/life safety systems.

Scheduled and unscheduled hands on mechanical and electronic troubleshooting of complex machinery, sub systems and components using structured problem solving methodologies.

Strip down and rebuild of complex manufacturing tooling and components precisely.

Responsibility for machine performance and “up time” (availability required).

Responsibility for implementation of technical and lean manufacturing improvements.

Developing, testing and documenting production equipment changes and improvement projects.

Planning and execution of maintenance tasks including preventative maintenance routines, calibrations, shutdown work, investigations and observations.
Pros
Shift allowance
Cons
Rotating day/night shift
Highly advance and modern place to work
I learned a lot on wafer manufacturing processes,
I was able to use simulation and mathematical modelling tools to address some of the most complex operational logic in wafer manufacturing process.

I was trained immensely in Intel and performed with 100 % satisfactory in all my training examinations.

I am very proud to be able to conduct such a job considering all high demands and expectations on this job offer.

I was faced with multi departmental meetings across Europe and USA to conduct my duties.
productive and result driven place to work
Start work at 7.30, job differs everyday regarding meeting deadlines, the work was good everyone was a team player, management was very good, the work had to be completed on time and done the right way or else it would fall back on the company. The work was double checked and sometimes triple checked to make sure it was up to standards.
Pros
Workmates, meeting deadlines, health and safety.
Cons
Stability of the job
Shift Process Engineer
Regular monitoring and optimisation of tool and process performance.
Data extraction and statistical data analysis (SAS JMP and Excel)

Level 3 trained on DNS FC3000 toolset and heavy exposure to ployflow tools.

Maintenance planning and maintenance team management when on shift.

Identified process improvement in relation to tool downtime as a result of reoccurring tool alarms. Achieved through development of a new report by highlighting the top hitters. This resulted in a reduction of tool downtime of over 10%.

Held shift responsibility in qualifying new tools and making sure correct recipes and documentation were being used at all times and adhering to strict timelines. Part of bringing some tools in ahead of schedule resulting in massive savings for the factory.

Technical writing which included SPECs and Work Order checklists.
Challenging rewarding fast-paced place to work. Competitive pay, good benefits, management depended on the individual manager, some were great, some not so great. The same could be said for my peers, but in general they were good people. Hardest part of the job was the hours, I worked long shifts, but they were compensated for with lots of time off, great vacation time given.
Ireland Program
Manage several National Sales Initiatives and Programs, generating in excess of $10m per annum.
Work within a dynamic environment, manage multiple tasks and schedules. Drive for a flawless execution within tight deadlines. Build effective relationships in a cross-functional team and partner environment.

Sell, develop and grow profitable lines of business. Organise, attend and present at national events.

Manage the Customer Experience and Retention Program, ensure client/partner issues are driven to resolution.
working
Usually I plan the next days work schedule the previous day but as we all know there are some unforeseen problems that occur , so i try and plan as much as I can for these which is why you are always taking things onboard as each day is different . I have always built up a good rapport with people who I work with but not to the stage of being over familiar and respect is both given and gained . I see nothing hard about the positions i have held as i tend to plan , and this takes away most problems encountered. Seeing projects completed on time is a most enjoyable experience
Pros
moving from place to place
Cons
moving from place to place
Intel was a very rewarding place to work.
Intel was a very enjoyable place to work. Worked started with a morning meeting informing everyone of what had gone on, on the previous shift and arranging what had to be done for the day. Everyone knew what was expected of them .Team leaders and supervisors were very approachable if there were any issues that anyone needed help with. I always found people easy to work with and as a company they always encouraged personal development and there were many opportunities for people to excel. Beside the technical skills I learnt while working there I also learnt a lot about team building and working together to achieve goals. Personally I didn't mind the shift work, although it was harder back then to get in and out of work.
Pros
Good fair working conditions.
Cons
Was hard for people to get childcare.
Fun, Relative work experience, Challenging.
I worked as a member on the Platform applications engineer. Duties included constructing demos, setting up and testing customer reference boards in a laboratory. Installing OS, installing peripherals, debugging.
Working in a team based environment.

Encouragement for developing skills.

Excellent management and mentoring.

Start January 2011 - End September 2011
Pros
Supplement prices for lunches, Games room, clubs and societies, intern program
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Everything was new for me as it is western country but i managed it vwery well. working environment was new but very quickly i adopted to it.
Pros
Good pay, Transparent management, good working culture
Cons
12 hour long shift
Gptw
Enjoying the work over here. Nice team-mates. Good managers.
Good company to work for
Gained a lot of manufacturing experience as an operator and further developed into the role of equipment technician.