International Monetary Fund Employee Reviews

Good mix of team and indivdual work
ECONOMIST (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC4 May 2018
Various opportunities to work, including travel but work culture can be stale.

Opportunities to experience different aspects of work by frequent transfers, as well as overseas work.
STAFF ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA 221801 May 2018
▪ Provided support to Economists and Consultants. Drafted formatted and finalized (editing and proofreading) letters, memos, mission reports. Processed travel requests, statements of expenses.
▪ Organized meetings and conferences at headquarters, overseas, and via videoconference.
▪ Maintained and updated mission reports using tables, charts, boxes and equations.
▪ Assisted team by translating/drafting a variety of routine documents, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English and Spanish.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Work very hard
Great place
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  DC, DC24 March 2018
Great place to work and I really enjoyed working on my tasks in addition to a very diverse group of individuals. Additionally, I loved the fact that the building was near public transportation. I highly recommend the IMF.
Its a good productive workplace and a good working environment to get work done.
Finance and Economics (Former Employee) –  Brazzaville, CG16 March 2018
A typical day at work is mostly full of getting data and analyzing results and driving towards conclusions.
At the end of my internship, I gained lots of analytical skills to help me build a good career,
The management was excellent and my boss was friendly.
The hardest part of my internship was when I need to deal with complicated data sets.
However, I really enjoyed every part of the data work.
Pros
Free coffee, long breaks
It’s a very friendly environment and very professional
Project officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC28 February 2018
The IMF is a very friendly place to work, people are very professional and they take their job there very seriously. I organize training and seminars for staff in the field.
A great and rewarding working experience
Senior Administrative Assistant African Department (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC12 February 2018
The level of the professional and administrative staff at the Fund, is excellent, and the opportunities of learning, and relating to different cultures and diversity, was the best experience in my life, as it also allowed me to travel to many countries, thus, giving me the opportunity to appreciate how fortunate I was to understand even more about all the great wonders around us.
Pros
Health benefits, retirement plan, life insurance, subsidies additional education.
Ambiente de trabajo excelente
Runner - Room Operations (Former Employee) –  Lima, Lima6 February 2018
La jefatura y los coordinadores proyectaban confianza y nos motivaban frecuentemente a realizar un excelente trabajo.
El trabajo fue netamente administrativo con casi el 100% de uso del idioma ingles, pues así aprendí a relacionarme con personas ingles hablantes y mejoré mi pronunciación.
El lugar de trabajo era impecable y conjuntamente con la cultura laboral fue lo que mas me gusto. Lo mas difícil fue atender los requerimientos de manera rápida, aunque poco a poco lo logre solucionar con el pasar de los días.
Pros
Buena remuneración
Cons
Ninguna.
confidential
Dat entry (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC29 January 2018
Dealt with the confidential information of the Legal Department. Security Clearance a most, and writing and speaking English was of most importance as well as maintain confidentiality at all times.
Pros
Great Benefits, Health Insurance, and get to meet peole from all around the world.
Great culture with little opportunity for advancement
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington DC27 January 2018
Most time is spent responding to requests to collect and preparing data, or build/edit charts and tables, for economists to use in their analysis and preparation of various documents.

Great opportunity to learn national accounting and how various economic sectors interconnect (real/fiscal,bop,monetary).

Great culture. Very academic and respectful atmosphere.

Hardest part of the job is wrapping your head around the convoluted and constantly changing data management systems.

Most enjoyable aspect are the personalities you get to interact with. Everyone is intellectual and usually very willing to teach you about whatever you need to know.
Pros
Nice people. Great opportunity to learn national accounting. Facilities are very nice.
Cons
Very bureaucratic with limited growth opportunities. RA's are limited to 4 years.
Great people to work with
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC24 January 2018
large data centers, great experience achieved
lots and lots of new technology.
Implemented and worked on so many new technologies and learned a great deal from that.

Want to know more about International Monetary Fund?

Ask a question
Happy emotional
Director (Former Employee) –  SOUTH AFRIKA17 January 2018
I had a wonderful day and super extra ordinary and amazing time with the technical staff it always increases the capacity of ones knowledge and wisdom
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great place
Information Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC16 January 2018
Great benefits, good culture and good people around
Opportunities to enhance your professional skills
Very competitive people around
A well diverse place
Busy, detailed oriented job
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PA25 December 2017
I currently provide customer support for worldwide users/clients with the International Monetary Fund (IMF). I partnered with our clients to resolve every issue on the first call. I provide assistance, information to resolve each problem as I have developed the proper skills, methods and techniques used in the installation, testing troubleshooting, and maintenance of servers, printers and related equipment. The call is not completed until the customer is satisfied. Each call is monitored for quality assurance.

I also provide service for other analysts and answer any questions that they have in regards to difficult issue. I approve and follow up on cases from the previous days and make sure that the customer is followed up with daily. I also Liaison with our Remote Access team in regards to ensuring the correct cases get escalated and dealt with accordingly to ensure that all issues are resolved efficiently.

I have extensive knowledge of principles and practices of customer service, methods and techniques of providing user assistance. I provide excellent customer service as I follow-up daily with customers that have pending cases to make sure the customer has the proper information to resolve the issue; if additional troubleshooting is required I provide the data. If unable to fix the issue I escalate to the next level. If the issue is resolved, I close the ticket.

Attention to detail is the utmost of importance. I effectively communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. I document each call with specific details which includes the notes and steps
  more... taken to resolve customer’s issue. Some calls are long and very detailed and I go over the information with the customer to be sure I understand what their issue is. There have been calls that have lasted over an hour due to the issue that needed to be addressed. I document all details of the call.  less
Pros
Fast Paced, Friendly people
Cons
Extremely busy times, limited advancement
Greatest Place to Work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC16 November 2017
IMF is by far the best place I have worked for in my entire work career. Pay, benefits and more importantly, the experience of working with staff from all over the world who are all very professional and down to earth regardless of their academic and work achievements in their respective fields were just super.
Pros
Best place to work for
Cons
No complaints
Monetary fund
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DC3 November 2017
Great place to work (IMF). the team spirit is high in the IT department. Even though the place is a mix culture every body respect each other's view, opinion etc
No commemt
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC26 October 2017
I have no valuable opinion to give about my current employer, at this this time. Due to the nature of my work I personally feel it would be unfair and a dis-service to myself if I write any type of comment, being it be positive or negative.
Fun to work
Communication specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC4 October 2017
It not s stressful place to work as it flexibility and the culture is very balance, tolerance and encourage as we all respect each other. I had learn a lot about management and planning and reaching project goal etc.
Incredible people - across the board.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC25 September 2017
I had a six-month contract here. It was the best place I've ever worked. I was so sad to leave. Everyone I met there was incredibly down-to-earth, helpful and kind. It was truly an honor and a privilege to work there. I miss it all the time!
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
good
IT Risk Assurance & Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DC23 September 2017
Unite for Youth's management team will consist of the Board of Directors and the program's executive director. A team of professional program and fundraising managers will be assembled to manage and grow the program.
International Environment
Editorial Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC21 August 2017
Great International and professional environment
Do not count your work hours (weekends and night will be spent at the office) - 2 week maternity leave
No micro management
No job security unless you're an economist