Intersport Elverys

Intersport Elverys Employee Reviews

Ireland33 reviews

Ok workplace

Elverys is a good place to work if you are in college, have young kids at home or you’re just taking a gap year. If you want any sort of progression in your career you won’t find it here. It’s slightly above minimum wage, but there’s no incentive to progress. I’m a sports advisor and it’s an easy job, it can be fun and I live all the staff. My job is easy, but a key holder who earns 75c more than me is basically treated as a manager if things go wrong but gets no recognition or perks associated with being a manager if things are right. The amount of wokr they do doesn’t reflect their pay so for me I’m thinking why would I bother to progress when I see only 75c per hour of a difference for triple the workload. It’s a good company overall I enjoy working there but there’s very little incentive to progress your career.

Pros

Good discount (25%) handy job while in college

Cons

No Incentive to advance your career

Not a bad place to work for but not a great pay

Good place to work but pay isn't great. You van easily progress further. Mostly great people but a of unexperienced staff around. Working from home possible

Not a bad place to work

Good place too work. Staff have been there a long time. Fast paced environment don't feel the hours going. Management are approachable. Work in various departments. Chance of progression if you prove yourself.

Interesting and progression available

Excellent progression in company if work hard. Stores are mostly pleasant places though certain branches are utterly toxic to work in. Wages are poor as never increased and no incentives for staff beyond a paltry discount and a miniscule engagement fund that has been suspended since covid. Ops are good, have your back when needed and definitely have made time in the company enjoyable. Other departments in particular online are dreadful and cause issues that impact the store and sometimes can take days to even give information

Great place to work while in college

Great while you’re in college but it’s minimum wage, no incentives and vary rare progression opportunities to make a career out of it. Can be lucky ti apply to a store with good management but it varys between stores

Enjoyable but progression is hard

Progression hard as outside employment is valued higher, good atmosphere inside work but lazy workers can get away with doing very little as customer service valued higher than actual work

Nice people, great benefits (staff discounts)

Overall people and management were very nice to work with, the staff discounts are nice too. Easy job once you have good communication skills. It was very hard to progress in bigger shops due to the amount of staff.

Pros

Flexibility, benefits

Cons

No progression

A very "clique-y" place to work

Very strict management. I had no warning prior to losing my job here, I messed up on the tills once and I was gone. Tried really hard in this job and didn't enjoy working here with the several levels of management in one store as there was a lot of pressure, from my observation others didn't either. Some staff benefits of 15-25% off, but still wouldn't recommend.

Great company to work for

Working with Elverys for over 8 years at management level and wouldn’t change it for anything, Great senior management team , they have always been there for me , you work hard but you get it back in return,

Pros

Excellent staff discount

Cons

Salary could be better

Nice place to work

Great staff and manager. Gives you time off if you need it and works around your schedule. Job is minimum wage and there no real progression. Breaks are also not paid.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Breaks not paid. Minimum wage

Good company to work for

Although I did not work in elverys for very long, I still think that it is a very good company to work for, the staff are treated well by management and are also very helpful. Shifts are spread out evenly so you’re not always on a closing shift or always opening. I was made feel very welcome when I first started and actually enjoyed going to work :)

Pros

Good management and staff, fast pace, a lot to learn

Best job of my life

Perfect company but I was bullied by a fellow colleague and store manager was best buds with her. Manager has now left and id return in a heartbeat. Brilliant company to work for. Would recommend to anyone.

Pros

Discount, great work ethic paid holidays

Cons

None I can recall

Great staff and fun environment

Great internal learning facilities such as Myagi to bring staff up to speed on all the store has to offer in order to work effectively. Great approachable and friendly staff

Pros

Internal discounts

Bad experience

Minimum wage job, no benefits make you feel guilty asking for time off. Do not accommodate for college students. Workplace is disgusting no cleaners, canteen and toilets are never clean. Rats running around in stockroom. Managers are manipulative and always bring personal issues into work. Very high turnover in staff which proves what type of place Elverys is. Managers always have favorites. Rosters come out on thursdays for the next week with very little notice which makes it hard to plan things. Do not apply.

Productive and fun workplace

I worked as a full-time sports advisor overseeing their licensed sportswear, boots and fitness equipment. The main requirements of the job were to greet and help customers, with fittings, advice and general knowledge of products in the store.

Good job

Good hours. lovely staff got on great with the majority of them in there. good money. always something on offer. big shop. always doing something in the shop

Great Workplace!

A typical day at work involves pricing, keeping store merchandise clean and tidy and helping customers. The management was very nice, supportive and would help you with any problems you had. Morale in the store was also very good, and we all got on very well together which made it a fun environment to work in. Would definitely recommend working here if you have an interest in sports!

easy going staff, neat and tidy behaviours.

I thought this job really suited me when i was employed by Intersports. I started in Sligo Intersport and relocated to Castlebar. While at Castlebar Elverys I found all my co-workers and managers real easy to get on with, just really nice people. Quit due to further training.

Pros

Great hours that suited me.

Cons

Long days on the feet.

Friendly staff in every store

Managers and staff are great - no growth opportunities you would want to be very lucky if a line manager or regional manager hires within the store which can cause conflict.

Pros

Flexible shifts

Cons

no discount, low wages, long hours, mystery shopper test ridiculously hard to get full score on

Very productive workplace and a friendly envirmoent

- Days at work often varied between quiet and busy depending on the time of week. - I learned how to use the till. I also learned how to tag clothing. - The management here were all very friendly. - The culture of the workplace was based on tasks being completed on time and up to standard. - I didn't find any part of the job hard once I knew what I was doing. - The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and meeting new people.

Pros

Discounts on items in store

Good place

Good working environment, friendly staff, strong corporate culture. Very large workload, understaffed. The poor salary for work that is expected, really long hours. Lack of training from line management, Human resource department not in tune with company culture and attitudes

Pros

free clothes

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intersport Elverys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement