Play YouTube video button

Intersport Elverys Employee Reviews

Featured review
Intersport Elverys selected this as a representative review
Great Workplace!
Sports Advisor/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick2 August 2019
A typical day at work involves pricing, keeping store merchandise clean and tidy and helping customers. The management was very nice, supportive and would help you with any problems you had. Morale in the store was also very good, and we all got on very well together which made it a fun environment to work in. Would definitely recommend working here if you have an interest in sports!
Productive and fun workplace
Sports Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dundrum, County Dublin4 December 2019
I worked as a full-time sports advisor overseeing their licensed sportswear, boots and fitness equipment. The main requirements of the job were to greet and help customers, with fittings, advice and general knowledge of products in the store.
easy going staff, neat and tidy behaviours.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sligo and Mayo.1 August 2019
I thought this job really suited me when i was employed by Intersports. I started in Sligo Intersport and relocated to Castlebar. While at Castlebar Elverys I found all my co-workers and managers real easy to get on with, just really nice people. Quit due to further training.
Pros
Great hours that suited me.
Cons
Long days on the feet.
Friendly staff in every store
Sports Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 May 2019
Managers and staff are great - no growth opportunities you would want to be very lucky if a line manager or regional manager hires within the store which can cause conflict.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
no discount, low wages, long hours, mystery shopper test ridiculously hard to get full score on
Nice place to work
Key Holder and Senior Sports Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tuam, County Galway12 January 2019
No real pressure, a nice place to get in to. Pay is minimum but the work isn't difficult. Can only talk about my own store but the people who are hired are always fun and outgoing.
Very productive workplace and a friendly envirmoent
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edenderry, UK13 November 2018
- Days at work often varied between quiet and busy depending on the time of week.
- I learned how to use the till. I also learned how to tag clothing.
- The management here were all very friendly.
- The culture of the workplace was based on tasks being completed on time and up to standard.
- I didn't find any part of the job hard once I knew what I was doing.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and meeting new people.
Pros
Discounts on items in store
Good place
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castlebar18 September 2018
Good working environment, friendly staff, strong corporate culture.
Very large workload, understaffed. The poor salary for work that is expected, really long hours. Lack of training from line management, Human resource department not in tune with company culture and attitudes
Pros
free clothes
Fun workplace
Part time (Former Employee) –  Tullamore, County Offaly15 April 2018
A typical day of work consisted of cleaning, helping customers make the right choices and making sure everything had its own hanger and place. I gained confidence in my self through this experience, i have opened up and i slowly learned how to talk to people i have never met before.
Great team members
Sports Advisor/ keyholder (Former Employee) –  Gorey, County Wexford31 January 2018
Elverys is a fun environment to be in excluding management. Lots of messing around in head office and no hopes for any advancement. Lots of bias towards the Dublin stores and a lot of undealt with bullying in store with management
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management is very very poor
Fun workplace
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Edenderry, County Offaly12 January 2018
I learned a lot in my short time there. The management and staff are friendly and great to be around. Most enjoyable part was interacting with staff and customers. Also the part I found the hardest was getting an understanding of the store room as I had no experience before in this area. Top quality place and a great range of products and stock. Definitely recommended
Sports Advisor (Current Employee) –  Maynooth, County Kildare16 July 2017
Busy in places, essential to know product information. Can be quite repetitive but is enjoyable from satisfying customers. Depending on shop size it can be hard to have all products a customer wants.
Productive work place
Sports Advisor (Former Employee) –  Limerick28 May 2017
Excellent staff and employers working well together with the aim of making customers happy. I was very happy working in elverys and I was trained in very well I was the youngest working there but I was treated the exact same.
Generally a good all round company with opportunity for younger professionals
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterford8 November 2016
Great opportunities are afforded to people who are willing to work and develop the skills within the company. Management courses and progression are readily available. Working in a newer store will present different challenges than working in an older one. The toughest park of the job in double tasking between management duties and regular staff duties. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customer
fun place to work at
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 September 2016
Simply organising all the stock and placing them to the shop floor. Approach all costumers and ask if they need assistance. I learnt how to approach costumers and speak confidently.
Pros
friendly environment
Friendly work environment
Sports Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin7 August 2016
Hours are good, staff are usually friendly, kitchen and back area are always tidy. Managers are extremely nice and accommodating and they take time to make sure you are settled in throughout working there.
Pros
Worked with a great bunch of people, Very poductive
Sports Advisor (Current Employee) –  Croke Park, Dublin6 November 2014
It was a great place to work, During my time I was thought a lot by other staff members and my Manager. Always a good place to work and the stadium match day atmosphere does be great!
good
Sports Advisor (Former Employee) –  dublin17 September 2014
more client focused role sought to maximise career in sales and cliet account management
great irish company to work for
Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  clonmel18 October 2013
i like this job because the manager really helps you gain extra experience if your wanting to avance upwards within the comapny. .
Busy
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Castlebar, MO27 August 2013
8.5 hour day
Managing 2 people in the department.
Co-workers are very approachable.
Workload was not shared
Cons
Long Hours, workload not shared