Play YouTube video button
Intersport Elverys

Intersport Elverys Employee Reviews

Ireland24 reviews
Featured review
Intersport Elverys selected this as a representative review
A typical day at work involves pricing, keeping store merchandise clean and tidy and helping customers. The management was very nice, supportive and would help you with any problems you had. Morale in the store was also very good, and we all got on very well together which made it a fun environment to work in. Would definitely recommend working here if you have an interest in sports!
Although I did not work in elverys for very long, I still think that it is a very good company to work for, the staff are treated well by management and are also very helpful. Shifts are spread out evenly so you’re not always on a closing shift or always opening. I was made feel very welcome when I first started and actually enjoyed going to work :)
Pros
Good management and staff, fast pace, a lot to learn
Perfect company but I was bullied by a fellow colleague and store manager was best buds with her. Manager has now left and id return in a heartbeat. Brilliant company to work for. Would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Discount, great work ethic paid holidays
Cons
None I can recall
Great internal learning facilities such as Myagi to bring staff up to speed on all the store has to offer in order to work effectively. Great approachable and friendly staff
Pros
Internal discounts
Minimum wage job, no benefits make you feel guilty asking for time off. Do not accommodate for college students. Workplace is disgusting no cleaners, canteen and toilets are never clean. Rats running around in stockroom. Managers are manipulative and always bring personal issues into work. Very high turnover in staff which proves what type of place Elverys is. Managers always have favorites. Rosters come out on thursdays for the next week with very little notice which makes it hard to plan things. Do not apply.
I worked as a full-time sports advisor overseeing their licensed sportswear, boots and fitness equipment. The main requirements of the job were to greet and help customers, with fittings, advice and general knowledge of products in the store.
Good hours. lovely staff got on great with the majority of them in there. good money. always something on offer. big shop. always doing something in the shop
I thought this job really suited me when i was employed by Intersports. I started in Sligo Intersport and relocated to Castlebar. While at Castlebar Elverys I found all my co-workers and managers real easy to get on with, just really nice people. Quit due to further training.
Pros
Great hours that suited me.
Cons
Long days on the feet.
Managers and staff are great - no growth opportunities you would want to be very lucky if a line manager or regional manager hires within the store which can cause conflict.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
no discount, low wages, long hours, mystery shopper test ridiculously hard to get full score on
No real pressure, a nice place to get in to. Pay is minimum but the work isn't difficult. Can only talk about my own store but the people who are hired are always fun and outgoing.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Intersport Elverys?
- Days at work often varied between quiet and busy depending on the time of week.
- I learned how to use the till. I also learned how to tag clothing.

- The management here were all very friendly.

- The culture of the workplace was based on tasks being completed on time and up to standard.

- I didn't find any part of the job hard once I knew what I was doing.

- The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and meeting new people.
Pros
Discounts on items in store
Good working environment, friendly staff, strong corporate culture.
Very large workload, understaffed. The poor salary for work that is expected, really long hours. Lack of training from line management, Human resource department not in tune with company culture and attitudes
Pros
free clothes
Cons
A typical day of work consisted of cleaning, helping customers make the right choices and making sure everything had its own hanger and place. I gained confidence in my self through this experience, i have opened up and i slowly learned how to talk to people i have never met before.
Elverys is a fun environment to be in excluding management. Lots of messing around in head office and no hopes for any advancement. Lots of bias towards the Dublin stores and a lot of undealt with bullying in store with management
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management is very very poor
I learned a lot in my short time there. The management and staff are friendly and great to be around. Most enjoyable part was interacting with staff and customers. Also the part I found the hardest was getting an understanding of the store room as I had no experience before in this area. Top quality place and a great range of products and stock. Definitely recommended
Busy in places, essential to know product information. Can be quite repetitive but is enjoyable from satisfying customers. Depending on shop size it can be hard to have all products a customer wants.
Excellent staff and employers working well together with the aim of making customers happy. I was very happy working in elverys and I was trained in very well I was the youngest working there but I was treated the exact same.
Great opportunities are afforded to people who are willing to work and develop the skills within the company. Management courses and progression are readily available. Working in a newer store will present different challenges than working in an older one. The toughest park of the job in double tasking between management duties and regular staff duties. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customer
Simply organising all the stock and placing them to the shop floor. Approach all costumers and ask if they need assistance. I learnt how to approach costumers and speak confidently.
Pros
friendly environment
Hours are good, staff are usually friendly, kitchen and back area are always tidy. Managers are extremely nice and accommodating and they take time to make sure you are settled in throughout working there.
Pros
It was a great place to work, During my time I was thought a lot by other staff members and my Manager. Always a good place to work and the stadium match day atmosphere does be great!