Irish Cancer Society

Irish Cancer Society Employee Reviews

A great company
Night nurse (Former Employee) –  Tipperary14 December 2019
A great company Good annual study day. I enjoyed my time with them.
Paid on time always. Pay rates explained very well.
Good communication. Good follow up from office staff.
Execellent Staff and Excellent Starting Point
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford, UK3 November 2019
Brilliant place to work. The staff are very helpful and fun to work with. Personally its a great place to work if you want to learn some valuable experience with till-use and customer service.
Work Experience
o had 2 weeks work experience i was payed by the programme i make part of and i had a nice time with my managers that learned me a lot of new things. Useful for my future
calm workplace
Sales Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin16 September 2019
everyday at 9 i would come in and work on the shop floor.
i would arrange clothes into correct sizes , make sure that products are in their right places and answer customers questions.
by working there i improved on my communication skills
Charity work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterford6 September 2019
I enjoyed this work for the 2 weeks that I was there but I did it for work experience in school so I can't say how good it would have been for a long period of time.
Great experience in retail environment.
Shop Assistant (Volunteer Post) (Current Employee) –  Waterford5 August 2019
Great place to work at plus management and other volunteers. Much appreciated. You have to have a sense of humour in this environment. Good communicator. Reliable. Friendly. Down to earth sort of person to volunteer here.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Volunteering. No salary.
Ambiente agradável
Voluntária (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Irlanda24 July 2019
Ambiente agradável mas sem possibilidade de crescimento.
productive work, and a fun experience.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 June 2019
I was there for 5 days for work experience and for those 5 days i enjoyed working with others and it was a fun exxperience, everyone was friendly. I helped clean, organise, tag clothes, steam clothes, size clothing etc and i had no problem doing the work. everyone was helpful if i did have questions, they would gladly answer and the work environment was very good.
Nice experience
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  County Dublin26 May 2019
Is the environment where I felt more the goodness of the workers.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford15 May 2019
The staff members were very welcoming of me and helped me get settled very quickly. They were always sure to let me know that i could ask for assistance with any little job and were very polite in assisting me.
Nice and friendly
Storage assistant/ Seller assistant/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 May 2019
Great job to get work experience in Ireland for foreigners and more contact with local the work culture.
I'd learned how to deal with the Irish customer and with customers from other countries too.
Pros
Easy admission of volunteers
Boring but rewarding
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Limerick23 March 2019
As a ty student I needed to do voluntary work, so I decided to go to the Irish Cnacer Society charity shop. It’s quite boring and I don’t enjoy it. But it is for charity so... Not a big fan of the Assistant manager. Better suited for older people looking for a hobbie or something to do. Most volunteers are older.
Pros
Your doing good for charity
Cons
Tiring, boring and not much to do
Very Good
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 March 2019
It was a good experience and my colleagues made it a fun time too. It was a great choice as work experience as i learned alot about work life too. It prepared me for work.
Fun Workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dún Laoghaire, County Dublin6 February 2019
I topical day in my work is very dynamic and interactive.
I always learn a lot about how to deal with the customers.
I am a people person and I love to do customer service and I think that is fun to have different people all the time around you.
The hardest part is the manual handling that is exhausting.
Pros
Work for a cause
Cons
Lift heavvy weight
nice people
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork27 December 2018
a nice place to work with friendly people and lovely customers, this place got mad busy at times but I managed to get through it. I worked with great people my boss at the time was brilliant I couldn't have asked for better
Pros
staff
Cons
starting before your time and not being paid too
Great environment to work
Shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 November 2018
Most days are spent picking up clothes from the floor dues to customers just trowing things with out any consideration. I've learned to operate a till do cash counting for morning float. The manager i considered a role model for me she has lit a desire in me to have a career in retail. All of the staff are great i have set up a once a month Thursday night bar outing for the staff and even tho i no longer work there the night still happens i go to catch up when i can as i consider most of the staff i met my friends. I say most because the shop gets volunteers so i don't know a lot of the new staff. For me personally now that i look back on it the hardest part was picking what i was gonna have for lunch each day. It was a joy to work there and my favorite part was on the till during slow times just talking to customers and making them feel welcome.
Pros
one hour lunch, nice co-workers
Cons
too repetitive
Pleasant work atmosphere and coworkers
Charity Shop Volunteer Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth22 October 2018
I personally work there as a volunteer, so I cannot comment on salary. However, I really enjoy working with them. I work at the Charity Shop in Drogheda, together with some really pleasant people. The shop sells second-hand clothing, and my job consists of preparing these garments for sale by tagging and steaming them, and hanging them in the shop. While the job does require some stamina, it is never too exhausting and does not get boring.
Pros
Nice and diversified atmosphere
Cons
Slightly physically taxing
Ambiente lavorativo stimolante e flessibile
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  County Dublin22 September 2018
La mia tipica giornata di lavoro consisteva nel riordinare il negozio, ordinare per taglia e colore gli abiti, servire i clienti, stare alla cassa e aiutare i colleghi nelle difficoltà. Da questa esperienza ho innanzitutto incrementato notevolmente il mio livello di inglese, arrivando ad ottenere un'ottima padronanza della lingua inglese; ho imparato la gestione del lavoro e la coordinazione nel lavorare tutti insieme. Il mio team era molto piacevole e disponibile, riuscivano a rendere divertenti anche giorni più impegnativi e duri. La parte più difficile era riuscire a gestire in maniera precisa ed accurata la situazione generale quando il negozio era pieno di gente.
Pros
Ambiente piacevole e rilassante
Great work environment
Cancer Prevention Department Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 September 2018
An excellent place to work. Very friendly staff. Excellent work life balance. Opportunities for professional development and learning are available through talks and workshops.
Nice
Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary31 July 2018
Learned about the good cause of it and it was emotionally beneficial from helping others to seeing the inside of the area of work that helps those in need
Pros
nice people
Cons
not busy