Irish HomeCare Employee Reviews

bad company
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  dublin ireland19 October 2018
no organisation with the company basically do not care about there staff, there is no support for staff members and sending unqualified out by themselves.
Cons
horrible company to work for
Wages are a laugh you would be better off going to work in the local shop will probably pay more with no training and no risk required
Irish Homecare (Former Employee) –  Louth1 September 2018
I feel so sorry for anyone who works for these companies. 10 euro an hour after a years training and the risk these companies are getting excessive amounts of money to look after there clients and pay staff minimum wage forget about working here work in a shop no risk no training and no anti social hours simple
Pros
Cons
Wages, long hours, risky work for excetionally small amounts of money
IHC not what i expected
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Dublin, County Dublin13 June 2018
Getting started cost me money, after a month they cancelled my contract due to insufficient work available, even thought i applied for the position advertised in my area.Travelled over 60kms for €22. Throughtout training, it's drummed into you if any issues your first contact is the Service Team Lead, she was never available when i called her to be told was not in her working hours. Laying a complaint did nothing and just resulted in cancelling my contract. I dont anything should travel 65 km's for just €22. Also beward, they cancelled my contract before i could finish my course and I am now liable to pay full fee.
Pros
Clients
Cons
bad managerial skills, insufficient hrs and gaps inbetween calls, travelled far distances, they cancelled my contract without finishing course leaving me to pay the full fee
Any way
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Ashbourne, County Meath17 May 2018
Me like a working in 10 years and my father work consatration , am all day 15 hours work in Pakistan and saudi Arabia....
But I love my work all my friends and other people
Pros
Feet
Cons
12 hours
Need more Hours
CARE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Dublin1 February 2018
Trying to get enough hours is tough. I have a lot of gaps in my rota and need to be working full time as I am only working 50 hrs per 2 weeks at the moment

I really enjoy the job, the flexibility and the other carers and clients
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
no travelallowance, gaps between care calls
Great helpful job that works around you amd your needs
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ballymun, County Dublin30 November 2017
Ive worked for this company nearly four years the hours work around my child i have lovely clients and the managment and careworkers are all great friendly and very helpful i am currently working my way up in the business as i like this company so much
Pros
Great fair company
Cons
Non
Over all good experience
Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin29 November 2017
The company have always been very good to me and have always helped me out when needed. Management and office staff very helpful. Never really had a problem with them
Pros
Can work hours around my personal life
Cons
Some days are very long
Love my work wouldn't change for the world
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin29 November 2017
I have worked for Irish Home care for 5 years now and have had great support from the supervisors/team leader out in the field and my managers in the office.
My manager gave me time off when I needed it for personal reasons.
I love my clients and my work collegues and I have made lots of good friends since working for the company. The office staff are so helpful and understanding when I call.
I work a 3 and 4 day rota so this suits my home life and I have a good balance between work and home. I drop my children to school and pick them up I get home to make dinner and my last call I get home to put my children to bed, this is very important to me.
My clients are lovely and I will admit I find it hard if they get sick or even pass away.
I would recommend working for Irish Home care as I have worked for other companies and have never received the understanding or support from my ex-employers as I have received from Irish Home care.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Clients passing away
Rewarding Place to work
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Dublin29 November 2017
I have worked for Irish Home Care for 3 years now and I would recommend working here to anyone. I find my team leader very helpful and she always provides me support when needed. The on call team also provide support out of hours which is always great if you have any issues. The most enjoyable part of this job is the relationship you build up with your clients and making their day to day life a little easier. I have also made friends for life within the company.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Clients passing away
Flexible and supportive
Manager (Current Employee) –  Finglas, County Dublin29 November 2017
This company have a range of hours to suit all availabilities. They helped me get back into the work place , become a certified health care assistant and upskill again . There is a great support team of managers in the field
Pros
Discounted courses
Could be better but could also be worse..
Carer (Current Employee) –  Louth13 April 2017
Have been working with Irish Homecare a while now and I love my job. You're offered the chance to become a qualifed carer and company subsidise your course so its a massive plus. Only downside to that is that people tend to leave once they are qualified for many reasons including pay, (currently the lowest paid agency carers in Ireland), mileage only paid on the very rare occasion, and a lack of support from higher management. We do however have great support from our Service team leader and the girls in the office are fabulous but everyone seems to be doing the job with one hand tied behind their back.
Pros
Clients and fellow carers
Cons
Senior management not appreciating staff.
Good workers
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cavan6 March 2017
I enjoyed working with Irish home care however I found it really expensive it cost me more in petrol than I was paid by them and the course I couldn't finish as it was also too expensive for me
Cons
Alot of driving, no fuel allowance actually cost me money to work
Not a good place to work
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin20 November 2016
I worked here for 10 months. Poor company to work for. Wage is okay but must pay for your own petrol costs this can add up as quiet a bit as not all clients live near each other. Hours get cut and on a zero hour contract. Which means if you are full time then get cut to part time there is nothing you can do. They do not give a Monday to Friday shift but instead 3 days one week and four the next. Office very poorly educated nobody seems to know what is going on. They can also ring you at nine at night or on your day of at any hour to ask would you do a call. Also you could get 4 hours a day but the calls are spread out so you have to be available for the whole day or evening for example to get paid for 4 hours.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Poor mangement/paying for your own travel costs
Great job. Very rewarding
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santry, County Dublin27 October 2016
I have been working with this company for the last 10months. In the time i have gained so much experience as i started off with only experience of family relatives. Earning while training. I have now completed my dipoloma and am a fully qualified healthcare assistant. Very supportive company, whether from the office, stl or co-workers. Able to earn a good wage while working around other life commitments. Company has employees and clients best interest at heart.
Great company to work for
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Castleblayney, County Monaghan19 October 2016
Did not know what to expect when i started to work for the company, but was pleasantly surprised that colleagues are friendly fun and in general nice people.
Great friendly place
Administration (Current Employee) –  Monaghan19 October 2016
Great company with friendly staff, communication is good between office staff and care workers, There is always someone on the end of the line to talk to. The care workers can benefit from the online course offered to train as they work and gain all the qualifications needed at a very competitive rate which has been subsidised by IHC
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Really enjoyed the job
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laois9 October 2016
Very rewarding job. Feeling of fulfillment when the day is over, that you have helped in someones day and life. That you have contributed to their life being a little bit easier!
Pros
Very rewarding, job fulfillment
Cons
Not enough time allocated with some clients
Very badly run
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louth9 October 2016
No communication with senior staff. No travel allowance. Seem more interested in taking on new staff rather than give the work to older staff. Won't give out references when leaving. Expected to work long hours and at the drop of a hat. No moral. Badly run company which is an absolute shame to the clients who are by far the best part of the job.
Pros
Clients.
Cons
Too many to list.
Busy.supportive fun
care assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin North, County Dublin4 September 2016
I worked for Irish home care and loved it always had the hours I needed for my wage. I found my stl brilliant if I needed extra hours or time off or if I had a problem she was available to help . I feel this company is always changing trying to improve there service for each client which is lovely. Only down fall is the wage but with the right hours u can make your money up.

I'd go back in a heart beat .
Pros
Busy, supportive
Cons
Low wage
Enjoyed caring for clients
Assisting clients (Former Employee) –  carer19 November 2015
I enjoyed working with the clients and helping them in their daily tasks.The hours were long and hard to be away from family and not knowing when i would be home. There was not a lot of structure.I learned how to deal with different situations between the clients family not understanding what was happening to their family member.I was always happy to do as much as i could but financially it wasn't working . The best part of my job was seeing that i was making a difference in the clients life or just taking a little bit of pressure off the family.I learned how to communicate to different colleagues efficiently . As it was not just me caring for the same client each day was different so you had to discuss with your colleague what was happening.
Cons
long hours and alot of money on petrol a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Irish HomeCare. Our community is ready to answer.