Irish Water

Irish Water Employee Reviews

Ireland15 reviews

Productive collaborative environment - colleagues always willing to share their knowledge.

Great company to work for.Good work life balance.Corporate values are important to leadership team - management 'walk the talk'.(I was on a fixed term contract but would go back if I was offered a permanent role).

Pros

Training and development opportunities, Remote working a day or two a week if your role permits (before COVID made that concept 'a thing!'

Cons

Can't think of a single con!

A job i liked

I was great to work for Irish water the job was hard and fast paced but the day went quickly and the wages were brilliant got do do the job I liked plus got to travel to different towns most weeks

Pros

Good wages

Cons

Very very hard work

Okay for Interns

Very relaxed, so much so you have to be very proactive to get some good experience otherwise you will be left alone all the time. It might have been because it was initiating stage so there was not enough time for interns as everyone was super busy with the integration period.

Good company

Relaxed atmosphere in the workplace and everybody are friendly. Organised outside of work activities to allow networking and to meet new people. Diversity company that treats everyone as an equal. Flexible working hours to promote a good worklife balance.

Great place to work with laidback work culture

Great company. excellent benefits and job security. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Managers are also very helpful and ensure that you provide all the necessary training and help to carry out your job.

Pros

friendly staff

Productive and fun

Always kept busy but there was always a air of comfort and support to hit targets and dead lines. The staff and management at Irish Water where fantastic people to have got the chance to meet and work with.

Buy & Large nice people

It has a subsided canteen, always a plus! People seemed to get on with their work even under the spotlight of the country regarding the water charges debacle

Pros

Good location, canteen, nice working environment

Cons

Outsourced so no benefits

Great Work experience

Was working within a small persistent team of GIS specialists, Editors and Project Managers that were involved in the maintenance and transfer of water assets.

Pros

Easily understandable

Cons

No Cons

Pleasant staff, and nice culture

Collaborative culture with a great work life balance and fantastic work colleagues. Work is challenging but helpful staff. No hangover from water charge controversy.

No loyalty there

Overall it's a nice place to work in, but IW is not doing anything to develop the loyalty of its employees. Combined with a lack of transparency and questionable management (that is completely disconnected from the employees), good elements tend not to stay too long.

Pros

Working in the water industry

Cons

A dynamic and interesting place to work. An exciting and challenging work environment, with technical expertise and a big job to do to improve the nations public water supply and wastewater network.

Pros

subsidised canteen

Productive fun work place

Very busy day-to-day environment, colleagues are well mannered and offer aid when needed. I learned a lot working here from improving my verbal and interpersonal skills to using various coding skills

High profile environment

Very tough job that required no mistakes, the highest of standards and dedication but only minimum pay offered. Great experience gained though.

great place to work

Irish Water i a great place to work. the work environment is both welcoming and friendly. As well as this the work delegated to me was both challenging and intresting

It was the best place to learn new skills

My working experience with Irish water was relatively productive to my career. The typical day at work was starting with integration testing systems to ensure all servers talk to each other and to test a desire set of module advice by the test manager.Then later carry on with the regression testing. I co-ordinate with my colleges if any major defect found and notify it to the test manager and escalate it to the development team on the managers go. All over, the time worked in Irish water was unforgettable learning experience.

Pros

Free snacks and option to work from home

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Irish Water. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement