Irish Wheelchair Association Employee Reviews

Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath9 August 2018
A typical day at work would include setting up tables for the adults and then setting up the computer and art rooms for afternoon entertainment. The management were great and is it is an organisation that i am very close to it was great to learn the daily routines and how the organisation is operated.
productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cavan9 August 2018
i was conflicted by which career to choose and after working there i realised that nursing is definitely the care for me. it a great place if you love interacting and working with people with special needs.
Pros
flexible hours
Interesting and fun
Programme Assistant (A Year Community Employment ) (Current Employee) –  Limerick18 December 2018
I learned how to use my communication skills properly and acquired more training to update my CV. I enjoyed bowling and shopping with the service users.
Pros
Free module courses
Cons
No free lunches
nice staff and service users
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterford7 November 2018
Nice company to work for. The service users are lovely people and all the staff Ive worked alongside are helpful and friendly . They have sent me on the training courses that are required and have paid for it. Not all companies are as obliging.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
provides vital services for people with disabilites
Service Co-coordinator (past) (Former Employee) –  Wexford23 November 2018
Competent at service provision, working with external stakeholders, engaging with service and their families. Proactive with staff training and development. Fundraising is part of job description
Looking after people
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mullingar, County Westmeath27 June 2018
I have worked in healthcare for some time, I lived in Thailand in a home to give kids a future. I would love to be in healthcare work. i have a QQI Level 5.
Inclusive and welcoming work environment
Administrator/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clane, County Kildare3 May 2018
A great place to work. I gained great experience in office skills while working here. A friendly atmosphere and lovely colleagues. A range of people use the services here.
enjoyable and producive
Service Support Officer - Assisted Living Services (Current Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry14 October 2017
enjoyable place to work - very easy to get to - management are good - parking is easy
Progression is not as easy as I had thought but its a good job and I enjoy working with my team
Pros
hourly day
Cons
not enough hours
Fun Workplace
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin 325 August 2016
If l am suppose to work for Irish Wheelchair again and again l will do just that all my years working with the organisation was enjoyable and interestingly salary was very okay trainees was very highly motivating skills to improve every employees which is so impressives
Pros
not really
Helpful workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Dublin Newcastle30 May 2016
A typical day of work is great as looking after people can be fun and you get to learn about their backgrounds and their culture and help them with their needs. I have learned how to care for the elderly with needs. I am also able to manage my time knowing when I have to do specific things at specific times. The people I worked with were really helpful showing me around the place and they also taught me how to use most of the equipment.
Pros
Hygenic
Productivity and fun
Home personal assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlow19 April 2017
Working in irish wheelchair is full of fun and learning.

The management are so pleasant and friendly, everyday work there is just full of skill learning and productivity
Excellent Place to work
Bus Driver/Carer (Current Employee) –  Arklow31 August 2012
Members Avail of the IWA services its a very rewarding job the Management are very professional your contribution is very important to the team
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great place to work.
Office Administration and Reception (Former Employee) –  Blackrock, C26 November 2014
Typical day at work was answering phone.Checking e-mails and replying to same.Co workers were great to work with and as with management were very helpful.
Pros
Great atmosphere.
great place and people to work with
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 April 2016
under took several training cources very frendly people and management to work with
meeting new people from all differant coultures
and walks of life
Pros
close to my home
Cons
only a ce scheme no chance of full time work
EA to CEO, Meetings & Events Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin23 June 2016
Great staff - everyone I work with is really lovely and all work very hard.
It can be tough at times, with funding cuts- but in spite of that, the company have worked very hard to develop excellent policies &procedures and treat their staff very well.
I am mainly office based, a typical day would be spent in meetings or on site visits to assess venues for accessibilty - for potential events.
Best part of the job is seeing people of all abilities enjoying an event I've arranged, knowing that because of the work the company does, and my contribution to that, that we are creating a society that everyone can feel included in.
Pros
Feeling that your work means something
Cons
Limited promotional opportunities
Good workplace
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Clontarf, County Dublin7 May 2016
I found all staff to be very polite and helpful. I had a clean working environment and a very good team to work with. The management were very polite and helpful. They carried out there work in a sufficient manner
Pros
good hours
Cons
early start
Considering it was a private residency where I worked, the IWA looked after me well they could not get a replacement job for me so was made redundant
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D27 February 2014
The typical day at work for me was great. It was so challenging. My leader taught me to manage my job my time. I learnt to be comfortable with strangers as there were many people in the health department who came to do their work, nurses, doctors. Ots, physiotherapists, etc. The co-workers worked with me so well. The hardest part of the job was when she had to be admitted to hospital. She felt very very uncomfortable and I had to work from hospital. The job was so enjoyable most of the times. A lot of knowledge was acquired in the job it was always enjoyable whenever a job was done well and it was appreciated by her and the IWA.
Pros
Time management was well managed. Felt at home always.
Cons
The wait for treatment or ambulance if ever my leader suddenly fell sick
I really injoyed working for the Irish wheelchair assoiashion great training
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arklow, County Wicklow28 June 2017
Hard work but learnt a lot . Other staff members nice to work with as a team.Hours of work suited me at the time as my children were younger then and it was flexible
Pros
Lernt new skills
Cons
Split shifts
A good company to work for
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Athy12 May 2017
A good company to work for. Support staff to continually develop themselves. A provider of social care support to people living with physical and sensory disabilities to live independently and be part of their community
The company was good
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin 154 May 2013
It was a productive and a good work place, care over every day from other p A ,I learned how to manage with my leader,the hardest part of the job was lifting and transfer the most enjoyable part was helping the leader with dressing.
Pros
yes when on training
Cons
yes when on training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Irish Wheelchair Association. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2