Irish Wheelchair Association

Irish Wheelchair Association Employee Reviews

Excellent people to work for . Very professional in every aspect of client care . Friendly and helpful office staff who would do anything possible to help if an issue arised . Management know their jobs and are extremely aware of the hard work and dedication of their staff . PA' s are excellent care providers of health care for their clients. It's more than just a job . Only down fall is lack of hours it could take well over a year before getting permanent hours.
Pros
Well run and very professional
Cons
Not enough hours
IWA is an excellent place to work. Once you do your job well you'll have the opportunity to go further. Happy environment to work like all places you will get the negative people who like to give out. Keep away from it. Good salary and pension benefits.
Pros
Outings with members
Cons
A good steady schedule with the necessity to apply attention to the job at all times. Management appeared rather detached from the reality of a day to day procedure. The managing was controlled with management absent from the on site location of transport routine.However my involvement with I W A was in conjunction with FAS where I don't have the opening to comment on all areas of the association
Pros
A good reference to transporting people in need
Cons
Not very accessible to reach if in need
Typical day working in the Irish Wheelchair Association is first we go out and pick up from the house and bring them to the centre. After we go and have a tea and chat then we play games until lunch time then back to playing games and taking with each other. There a final cup of tea and then we then it is home time. You learn how to take care of people. Best part of the job is interact with people.
Pros
Friendly to work with
Cons
Not enough hours
Overall a good company to be employed by, great benefits. More hands on managerial approach would be an improvement. Generally understanding re personal issues.
Pros
Interaction with service users, feeling appreciated by them and providing essential services beneficial to the recipients.
Cons
Management not always readily available to resolve issues
you can always have a laugh with the workers at iwa . i learned alot with dealing with customers and communication is a must to be in this sort of work
The HR department is a typical administrative offfice which deals with general administration and recruitment. Most of the time is spent dealing with customers both internal and external. the hardest part is when you have to deal with issues relating to sick off, pay, overtime and contract rollover..
Pros
Free car park
Cons
Normal working hours
I worked for this company and found the management extremely unprofessional I had many arguments around salary's left short on many occasions and having to wait another month for it to be sorted.
Assistance to people with mobility difficulties at their own homes. Enjoyed spending time with one service user at the time providing my service in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Irish Wheelchair Association?
Flexible, brings out your skills and talents, can be challenging but advancement career wise is very slow, organisation culture and vision is excellent.
Nicest people I have ever met in my life, learned a lot and gained so much confidence and experience. I ended up with so manu friends, and it was always easy to balance personal and work life.
I really enjoyed my experience within the Irish wheelchair association. It opened my eyes to a lot of things and think the whole experience was amazing. It offered me new challenges and opportunities I had never thought off. So happy with my time within the organisation
Worked with company for 9 years as a carer. Then advanced to working the office and onto becoming their Scheduling officer. Management and staff in the company are very easy to work for.
Flexible shifts, good pay, friendly staff, caring managers, free, (paid), online courses. Education at very low cost (health care skills and others). Work possibility across the country.
This company have more respect for their staff and clients than other agencies. rostering is managed well and the office staff are very nice and approachable.
A typical work day is where when I turn up for work, I sign in and get down to business by doing the appropriate jobs and tasks that are expected of me.
Nice plaice to train and work.Community Employment programme is good way learning.Although a lot work and little pay.Staff helpfully and attentive when asked.
Very good company to work for, been there along time, staff and colleagues great to work with, very efficient and professional, work very rewarding,meeting people and family's in the community.
i was only working there as part of a ty programme during my second level education. i found the staff and members to be pleasant and helpful. the envoirment was fun,
Pros
morally rewarding
Cons
poor pay
I loved my time ter, I only left because the facilitie was closed down. My bosses were brilliant best place to work in. Great friendly atmosphere. Lovely people and made great friends. Helped a lot of people. Encouraging bosses.
Pros
Friends
Cons
I enjoyed my time working with IWA. My role was with the Assisted Living Service who provided services to people with disabilities. It was a very busy demanding role but I worked with some amazing colleagues and we had great team spirit.
Pros
Great colleagues/part-time work/good work-life balance
Cons
High staff turnover