Irish Wheelchair Association Employee Reviews

Very good company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Donegal16 September 2019
Very good company to work for, been there along time, staff and colleagues great to work with, very efficient and professional, work very rewarding,meeting people and family's in the community.
Gr
Care assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Street Dublin21 July 2019
I loved my time ter, I only left because the facilitie was closed down. My bosses were brilliant best place to work in. Great friendly atmosphere. Lovely people and made great friends. Helped a lot of people. Encouraging bosses.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Good organisation to work with
Part-time Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 February 2019
I enjoyed my time working with IWA. My role was with the Assisted Living Service who provided services to people with disabilities. It was a very busy demanding role but I worked with some amazing colleagues and we had great team spirit.
Pros
Great colleagues/part-time work/good work-life balance
Cons
High staff turnover
I would recommend Athlone Wheelchair Association for employment
General Operative/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath4 January 2019
I really enjoyed working for Athlone Wheelchair Association. A typical
day for me was meeting and greeting the servicer users from the bus,
helping with meals,facilitating activities and helping with day trips and holidays.

I enjoyed chatting and socialising with the service users and because I was on a Community Enterprise Scheme which last three years the hardest part was having to leave, but I also learned that certain aspects of the job was not for me, so I will not be looking for work as a carer.
Pros
Days out with Service Users
Cons
Only had funding for Two days a week
Interesting and fun
Programme Assistant (A Year Community Employment ) (Current Employee) –  Limerick18 December 2018
I learned how to use my communication skills properly and acquired more training to update my CV. I enjoyed bowling and shopping with the service users.
Pros
Free module courses
Cons
No free lunches
provides vital services for people with disabilites
Service Co-coordinator (past) (Former Employee) –  Wexford23 November 2018
Competent at service provision, working with external stakeholders, engaging with service and their families. Proactive with staff training and development. Fundraising is part of job description
nice staff and service users
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterford7 November 2018
Nice company to work for. The service users are lovely people and all the staff Ive worked alongside are helpful and friendly . They have sent me on the training courses that are required and have paid for it. Not all companies are as obliging.
Pros
flexibility
Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath9 August 2018
A typical day at work would include setting up tables for the adults and then setting up the computer and art rooms for afternoon entertainment. The management were great and is it is an organisation that i am very close to it was great to learn the daily routines and how the organisation is operated.
productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cavan9 August 2018
i was conflicted by which career to choose and after working there i realised that nursing is definitely the care for me. it a great place if you love interacting and working with people with special needs.
Pros
flexible hours
Looking after people
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mullingar, County Westmeath27 June 2018
I have worked in healthcare for some time, I lived in Thailand in a home to give kids a future. I would love to be in healthcare work. i have a QQI Level 5.
Inclusive and welcoming work environment
Administrator/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clane, County Kildare3 May 2018
A great place to work. I gained great experience in office skills while working here. A friendly atmosphere and lovely colleagues. A range of people use the services here.
enjoyable and producive
Service Support Officer - Assisted Living Services (Current Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry14 October 2017
enjoyable place to work - very easy to get to - management are good - parking is easy
Progression is not as easy as I had thought but its a good job and I enjoy working with my team
Pros
hourly day
Cons
not enough hours
I really injoyed working for the Irish wheelchair assoiashion great training
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arklow, County Wicklow28 June 2017
Hard work but learnt a lot . Other staff members nice to work with as a team.Hours of work suited me at the time as my children were younger then and it was flexible
Pros
Lernt new skills
Cons
Split shifts
A good company to work for
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Athy12 May 2017
A good company to work for. Support staff to continually develop themselves. A provider of social care support to people living with physical and sensory disabilities to live independently and be part of their community
Productivity and fun
Home personal assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlow19 April 2017
Working in irish wheelchair is full of fun and learning.

The management are so pleasant and friendly, everyday work there is just full of skill learning and productivity
fun workplace
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Clontarf, County Dublin9 March 2017
The staff in the IWA are really friendly towards everyone. I was with them the week they had there christmas week where they made three course dinners for all the members and had karaoke afterwards and i could see they all enjoyed it.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
nothing
Most days were pretty enjoyable. Staff were mainly friendly
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 February 2017
Most days were making coffee at a day centre or playing games with clients and helping with toilet facilities. I also fed some of the clients.
This job was a community employment scheme.
Pros
Was relatively good experience
Cons
There were no job opportunities after.
Great
Office Administrator / care assistant (Former Employee) –  Roscrea, County Tipperary19 October 2016
This was a great place to work, great staff, I made some great friends there.

We collected clients every day and brought them to our day centre.

we did activities with them
they had dinner
we went swimming
we went to the gym
Great expereince
Social Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Limerick8 October 2016
Completed my Second-year placement with this organization and it provided invaluable experience in relation to the tools a Social Care Worker will require to work in this section of the industry. from life skill implementation to empowerment and self-confidence building.
Pros
experience
Difficult job in hospitality
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin Ireland3 October 2016
Extremely difficult job looking after a lady with multiple sclerosis, performing her daily tasks while dealing with her frustration. Wouldn't change a thing about it. Becoming apart of a team and helping to assist a lady that couldn't move a muscle in her body was both challenging and highly rewarding.
The hardest part was dealing with the lady when she got highly frustrated but I could understand the level of difficulty she was having.
The best part was getting to know her and becoming very close with her as well as developing a good team relationship with the other people around me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Irish Wheelchair Association. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2