Irish Wheelchair Association

Irish Wheelchair Association Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
you can always have a laugh with the workers at iwa . i learned alot with dealing with customers and communication is a must to be in this sort of work
Normal office environment, friendly and professional.
The HR department is a typical administrative offfice which deals with general administration and recruitment. Most of the time is spent dealing with customers both internal and external. the hardest part is when you have to deal with issues relating to sick off, pay, overtime and contract rollover..
Pros
Free car park
Cons
Normal working hours
argumentative management and bad ethos regarding salary
I worked for this company and found the management extremely unprofessional
I had many arguments around salary's left short on many occasions and having to wait another month for it to be sorted.
Lovely place to work
Assistance to people with mobility difficulties at their own homes. Enjoyed spending time with one service user at the time providing my service in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Focused and aims to improve in all areas
Flexible, brings out your skills and talents, can be challenging but advancement career wise is very slow, organisation culture and vision is excellent.
Excellent place
Nicest people I have ever met in my life, learned a lot and gained so much confidence and experience. I ended up with so manu friends, and it was always easy to balance personal and work life.
Excellent
I really enjoyed my experience within the Irish wheelchair association. It opened my eyes to a lot of things and think the whole experience was amazing. It offered me new challenges and opportunities I had never thought off. So happy with my time within the organisation
Worked as a carer then advanced to scheduling officer
Worked with company for 9 years as a carer. Then advanced to working the office and onto becoming their Scheduling officer. Management and staff in the company are very easy to work for.
Flexible shifts, good pay, friendly staff, caring managers, free, (paid), online courses. Education at very low cost (health care skills and others). Work possibility across the country.
if you want to work for an agency this is the one
This company have more respect for their staff and clients than other agencies. rostering is managed well and the office staff are very nice and approachable.
Good Workplace.
A typical work day is where when I turn up for work, I sign in and get down to business by doing the appropriate jobs and tasks that are expected of me.
Good employment training and nice plaice with lots of options
Nice plaice to train and work.Community Employment programme is good way learning.Although a lot work and little pay.Staff helpfully and attentive when asked.
Very good company
Very good company to work for, been there along time, staff and colleagues great to work with, very efficient and professional, work very rewarding,meeting people and family's in the community.
good
i was only working there as part of a ty programme during my second level education. i found the staff and members to be pleasant and helpful. the envoirment was fun,
Pros
morally rewarding
Cons
poor pay
Gr
I loved my time ter, I only left because the facilitie was closed down. My bosses were brilliant best place to work in. Great friendly atmosphere. Lovely people and made great friends. Helped a lot of people. Encouraging bosses.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Good organisation to work with
I enjoyed my time working with IWA. My role was with the Assisted Living Service who provided services to people with disabilities. It was a very busy demanding role but I worked with some amazing colleagues and we had great team spirit.
Pros
Great colleagues/part-time work/good work-life balance
Cons
High staff turnover
I would recommend Athlone Wheelchair Association for employment
I really enjoyed working for Athlone Wheelchair Association. A typical
day for me was meeting and greeting the servicer users from the bus,

helping with meals,facilitating activities and helping with day trips and holidays.

I enjoyed chatting and socialising with the service users and because I was on a Community Enterprise Scheme which last three years the hardest part was having to leave, but I also learned that certain aspects of the job was not for me, so I will not be looking for work as a carer.
Pros
Days out with Service Users
Cons
Only had funding for Two days a week
Interesting and fun
I learned how to use my communication skills properly and acquired more training to update my CV. I enjoyed bowling and shopping with the service users.
Pros
Free module courses
Cons
No free lunches
provides vital services for people with disabilites
Competent at service provision, working with external stakeholders, engaging with service and their families. Proactive with staff training and development. Fundraising is part of job description
nice staff and service users
Nice company to work for. The service users are lovely people and all the staff Ive worked alongside are helpful and friendly . They have sent me on the training courses that are required and have paid for it. Not all companies are as obliging.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
A typical day at work would include setting up tables for the adults and then setting up the computer and art rooms for afternoon entertainment. The management were great and is it is an organisation that i am very close to it was great to learn the daily routines and how the organisation is operated.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Irish Wheelchair Association. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2