Irish Wheelchair Association

Irish Wheelchair Association Employee Reviews

Ireland67 reviews

Sometimes a rewarding place to work

The Irish wheelchair Association was a pleasant place to work, there was a friendly environment about the office + the people / clients you were dealing with were people who were trying to get on with their lives as best they can + you had to find the best way to facilitate this.

Great workplace and happy faces all the time.

I had a three month internship as business analyst with IWA. The ICT team is cool, friendly. My manager helps us a lot. I interact with other team member also from different department and they are also helpful.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

No cons

Not very 'Service User' friendly

Clients were all very nice but some of the office staff i.e.shift scheduling officer was not. Although I believe that particulat person has moved elsewhere within the company (different geographical location) I only ever got weekend shifts (x14 calls) even though I asked for midweek also & after calling in genuinely sick one weekend with a flu, I had my calls reduced to x3 the following weekend, as a form of Punishment I believe. The other 11 clients had not cancelled, they just had their calls covered by another Personal Assistant who had been scheduled off that weekend, but was guilted into working, as she was told they were short staffed!!!! Not very Staff or Service User friendly in my opinion. Hence why I didnt stay with them very long..

Excellent

Iwa are a great company to work for management are great and very fare.. They are hse pay scale, and hours to suit anyone, it very hard to get good management but have to say ours a great and so helpful.

Pros

Very accommodating

Cons

No cons

Clients are amazing

I work with one guy mainly and I never see work as a chore , we get on really well and we communicate really well , which makes it so much easier, working with one person suits me better than doing different house calls , which I done for a few years , I enjoyed both but found working with one person suits me better

Work experience

Excellent people to work for . Very professional in every aspect of client care . Friendly and helpful office staff who would do anything possible to help if an issue arised . Management know their jobs and are extremely aware of the hard work and dedication of their staff . PA' s are excellent care providers of health care for their clients. It's more than just a job . Only down fall is lack of hours it could take well over a year before getting permanent hours.

Pros

Well run and very professional

Cons

Not enough hours

Brilliant place to work.

IWA is an excellent place to work. Once you do your job well you'll have the opportunity to go further. Happy environment to work like all places you will get the negative people who like to give out. Keep away from it. Good salary and pension benefits.

Pros

Outings with members

Cons

Great platform for further work with people in a caring environment

A good steady schedule with the necessity to apply attention to the job at all times. Management appeared rather detached from the reality of a day to day procedure. The managing was controlled with management absent from the on site location of transport routine.However my involvement with I W A was in conjunction with FAS where I don't have the opening to comment on all areas of the association

Pros

A good reference to transporting people in need

Cons

Not very accessible to reach if in need

It is a nice place to work

Typical day working in the Irish Wheelchair Association is first we go out and pick up from the house and bring them to the centre. After we go and have a tea and chat then we play games until lunch time then back to playing games and taking with each other. There a final cup of tea and then we then it is home time. You learn how to take care of people. Best part of the job is interact with people.

Pros

Friendly to work with

Cons

Not enough hours

Good benefits

Overall a good company to be employed by, great benefits. More hands on managerial approach would be an improvement. Generally understanding re personal issues.

Pros

Interaction with service users, feeling appreciated by them and providing essential services beneficial to the recipients.

Cons

Management not always readily available to resolve issues

Fun workplace

you can always have a laugh with the workers at iwa . i learned alot with dealing with customers and communication is a must to be in this sort of work

Normal office environment, friendly and professional.

The HR department is a typical administrative offfice which deals with general administration and recruitment. Most of the time is spent dealing with customers both internal and external. the hardest part is when you have to deal with issues relating to sick off, pay, overtime and contract rollover..

Pros

Free car park

Cons

Normal working hours

argumentative management and bad ethos regarding salary

I worked for this company and found the management extremely unprofessional I had many arguments around salary's left short on many occasions and having to wait another month for it to be sorted.

Lovely place to work

Assistance to people with mobility difficulties at their own homes. Enjoyed spending time with one service user at the time providing my service in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

Focused and aims to improve in all areas

Flexible, brings out your skills and talents, can be challenging but advancement career wise is very slow, organisation culture and vision is excellent.

Excellent place

Nicest people I have ever met in my life, learned a lot and gained so much confidence and experience. I ended up with so manu friends, and it was always easy to balance personal and work life.

Excellent

I really enjoyed my experience within the Irish wheelchair association. It opened my eyes to a lot of things and think the whole experience was amazing. It offered me new challenges and opportunities I had never thought off. So happy with my time within the organisation

Worked as a carer then advanced to scheduling officer

Worked with company for 9 years as a carer. Then advanced to working the office and onto becoming their Scheduling officer. Management and staff in the company are very easy to work for.

Flexible shifts, good pay, friendly staff, caring managers, free, (paid), online courses. Education at very low cost (health care skills and others). Work possibility across the country.

if you want to work for an agency this is the one

This company have more respect for their staff and clients than other agencies. rostering is managed well and the office staff are very nice and approachable.

Good Workplace.

A typical work day is where when I turn up for work, I sign in and get down to business by doing the appropriate jobs and tasks that are expected of me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Irish Wheelchair Association. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Irish Wheelchair Association
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?