Irish Wheelchair Association Employee Reviews

provides vital services for people with disabilites
Service Co-coordinator (past) (Former Employee) –  Wexford23 November 2018
Competent at service provision, working with external stakeholders, engaging with service and their families. Proactive with staff training and development. Fundraising is part of job description
Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath9 August 2018
A typical day at work would include setting up tables for the adults and then setting up the computer and art rooms for afternoon entertainment. The management were great and is it is an organisation that i am very close to it was great to learn the daily routines and how the organisation is operated.
productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cavan9 August 2018
i was conflicted by which career to choose and after working there i realised that nursing is definitely the care for me. it a great place if you love interacting and working with people with special needs.
Pros
flexible hours
Looking after people
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mullingar, County Westmeath27 June 2018
I have worked in healthcare for some time, I lived in Thailand in a home to give kids a future. I would love to be in healthcare work. i have a QQI Level 5.
Inclusive and welcoming work environment
Administrator/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clane, County Kildare3 May 2018
A great place to work. I gained great experience in office skills while working here. A friendly atmosphere and lovely colleagues. A range of people use the services here.
enjoyable and producive
Service Support Officer - Assisted Living Services (Current Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry14 October 2017
enjoyable place to work - very easy to get to - management are good - parking is easy
Progression is not as easy as I had thought but its a good job and I enjoy working with my team
Pros
hourly day
Cons
not enough hours
I really injoyed working for the Irish wheelchair assoiashion great training
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arklow, County Wicklow28 June 2017
Hard work but learnt a lot . Other staff members nice to work with as a team.Hours of work suited me at the time as my children were younger then and it was flexible
Pros
Lernt new skills
Cons
Split shifts
A good company to work for
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Athy12 May 2017
A good company to work for. Support staff to continually develop themselves. A provider of social care support to people living with physical and sensory disabilities to live independently and be part of their community
Productivity and fun
Home personal assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlow19 April 2017
Working in irish wheelchair is full of fun and learning.

The management are so pleasant and friendly, everyday work there is just full of skill learning and productivity
fun workplace
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Clontarf, County Dublin9 March 2017
The staff in the IWA are really friendly towards everyone. I was with them the week they had there christmas week where they made three course dinners for all the members and had karaoke afterwards and i could see they all enjoyed it.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
nothing
Most days were pretty enjoyable. Staff were mainly friendly
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 February 2017
Most days were making coffee at a day centre or playing games with clients and helping with toilet facilities. I also fed some of the clients.
This job was a community employment scheme.
Pros
Was relatively good experience
Cons
There were no job opportunities after.
Great
Office Administrator / care assistant (Former Employee) –  Roscrea, County Tipperary19 October 2016
This was a great place to work, great staff, I made some great friends there.

We collected clients every day and brought them to our day centre.

we did activities with them
they had dinner
we went swimming
we went to the gym
Great expereince
Social Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Limerick8 October 2016
Completed my Second-year placement with this organization and it provided invaluable experience in relation to the tools a Social Care Worker will require to work in this section of the industry. from life skill implementation to empowerment and self-confidence building.
Pros
experience
Difficult job in hospitality
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin Ireland3 October 2016
Extremely difficult job looking after a lady with multiple sclerosis, performing her daily tasks while dealing with her frustration. Wouldn't change a thing about it. Becoming apart of a team and helping to assist a lady that couldn't move a muscle in her body was both challenging and highly rewarding.
The hardest part was dealing with the lady when she got highly frustrated but I could understand the level of difficulty she was having.
The best part was getting to know her and becoming very close with her as well as developing a good team relationship with the other people around me.
Fun Workplace
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin 325 August 2016
If l am suppose to work for Irish Wheelchair again and again l will do just that all my years working with the organisation was enjoyable and interestingly salary was very okay trainees was very highly motivating skills to improve every employees which is so impressives
Pros
not really
Passion for Life
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin10 July 2016
Caring People
Fun loving Clients
Great Place to work

Working at Irish wheel Chair is a great experience and I have the opportunity of working with great people.
EA to CEO, Meetings & Events Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin23 June 2016
Great staff - everyone I work with is really lovely and all work very hard.
It can be tough at times, with funding cuts- but in spite of that, the company have worked very hard to develop excellent policies &procedures and treat their staff very well.
I am mainly office based, a typical day would be spent in meetings or on site visits to assess venues for accessibilty - for potential events.
Best part of the job is seeing people of all abilities enjoying an event I've arranged, knowing that because of the work the company does, and my contribution to that, that we are creating a society that everyone can feel included in.
Pros
Feeling that your work means something
Cons
Limited promotional opportunities
Helpful workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Dublin Newcastle30 May 2016
A typical day of work is great as looking after people can be fun and you get to learn about their backgrounds and their culture and help them with their needs. I have learned how to care for the elderly with needs. I am also able to manage my time knowing when I have to do specific things at specific times. The people I worked with were really helpful showing me around the place and they also taught me how to use most of the equipment.
Pros
Hygenic
Cons
Better understanding of people who live with a disability.
Programme Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford city, County Waterford17 May 2016
Meet the bus driver at an agreed location, greet the clients at their home and safely assist them to the bus. At the centre assist with various activities and assist clients with personal care if requested.
Good workplace
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Clontarf, County Dublin7 May 2016
I found all staff to be very polite and helpful. I had a clean working environment and a very good team to work with. The management were very polite and helpful. They carried out there work in a sufficient manner
Pros
good hours
Cons
early start

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Irish Wheelchair Association. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3