Irish Wheelchair Association

Irish Wheelchair Association Employee Reviews for Care Assistant

Care Assistant9 reviews
Ireland9 reviews
Excellent people to work for . Very professional in every aspect of client care . Friendly and helpful office staff who would do anything possible to help if an issue arised . Management know their jobs and are extremely aware of the hard work and dedication of their staff . PA' s are excellent care providers of health care for their clients. It's more than just a job . Only down fall is lack of hours it could take well over a year before getting permanent hours.
Pros
Well run and very professional
Cons
Not enough hours
Flexible, brings out your skills and talents, can be challenging but advancement career wise is very slow, organisation culture and vision is excellent.
A typical work day is where when I turn up for work, I sign in and get down to business by doing the appropriate jobs and tasks that are expected of me.
Very good company to work for, been there along time, staff and colleagues great to work with, very efficient and professional, work very rewarding,meeting people and family's in the community.
I loved my time ter, I only left because the facilitie was closed down. My bosses were brilliant best place to work in. Great friendly atmosphere. Lovely people and made great friends. Helped a lot of people. Encouraging bosses.
Pros
Friends
Cons
I have worked in healthcare for some time, I lived in Thailand in a home to give kids a future. I would love to be in healthcare work. i have a QQI Level 5.
Most days were making coffee at a day centre or playing games with clients and helping with toilet facilities. I also fed some of the clients.
This job was a community employment scheme.
Pros
Was relatively good experience
Cons
There were no job opportunities after.
Working mostly in the centre with the service users, caring for cleaning, dressing and socializing, helping with games and on the mini buses, clamping, hoisting etc, great environment to work in well managed.
It was a productive and a good work place, care over every day from other p A ,I learned how to manage with my leader,the hardest part of the job was lifting and transfer the most enjoyable part was helping the leader with dressing.
Pros
yes when on training
Cons
yes when on training
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Irish Wheelchair Association?