Irish Wheelchair Association

Irish Wheelchair Association Employee Reviews for Personal Assistant

Personal Assistant11 reviews
Ireland11 reviews
Overall a good company to be employed by, great benefits. More hands on managerial approach would be an improvement. Generally understanding re personal issues.
Pros
Interaction with service users, feeling appreciated by them and providing essential services beneficial to the recipients.
Cons
Management not always readily available to resolve issues
I worked for this company and found the management extremely unprofessional
I had many arguments around salary's left short on many occasions and having to wait another month for it to be sorted.
Assistance to people with mobility difficulties at their own homes. Enjoyed spending time with one service user at the time providing my service in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
A great place to work. I gained great experience in office skills while working here. A friendly atmosphere and lovely colleagues. A range of people use the services here.
Extremely difficult job looking after a lady with multiple sclerosis, performing her daily tasks while dealing with her frustration. Wouldn't change a thing about it. Becoming apart of a team and helping to assist a lady that couldn't move a muscle in her body was both challenging and highly rewarding.
The hardest part was dealing with the lady when she got highly frustrated but I could understand the level of difficulty she was having.

The best part was getting to know her and becoming very close with her as well as developing a good team relationship with the other people around me.
If l am suppose to work for Irish Wheelchair again and again l will do just that all my years working with the organisation was enjoyable and interestingly salary was very okay trainees was very highly motivating skills to improve every employees which is so impressives
Pros
not really
Caring People
Fun loving Clients

Great Place to work

Working at Irish wheel Chair is a great experience and I have the opportunity of working with great people.
Flexible working day, morning and evening work mainly. Suitable to someone looking for part time hours although full time can be attained over time.
Pros
Pick and choose your own hours
Cons
Not enough day work.
I worked as a personal assistant and also worked in the rest bite center my days where to assist people with physical and mental disability's to live there lives as normal and happy as they possibility could my day would consist of showering the client and general house keeping the hardest part of the job was watching some of the situations some clients where living sometimes it was very upsetting.The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the difference you where making to peoples lives.
Pros
Great exsperience
Cons
sometimes was hard to see peoples disabilities
The typical day at work for me was great. It was so challenging. My leader taught me to manage my job my time. I learnt to be comfortable with strangers as there were many people in the health department who came to do their work, nurses, doctors. Ots, physiotherapists, etc. The co-workers worked with me so well. The hardest part of the job was when she had to be admitted to hospital. She felt very very uncomfortable and I had to work from hospital. The job was so enjoyable most of the times. A lot of knowledge was acquired in the job it was always enjoyable whenever a job was done well and it was appreciated by her and the IWA.
Pros
Time management was well managed. Felt at home always.
Cons
The wait for treatment or ambulance if ever my leader suddenly fell sick
Showering, hoisting, dressing, and providing breakfast to patients in their own home. I learned Communication Skills and enjoy working with my co workers and working as a team. The hardest part of the job would be trying not to let the patients problems get to me. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the interaction with the people we work with.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
short hours